The discovery thread!
Apr 29, 2024 at 11:05 AM Post #100,066 of 101,744
Nope. Had to switch out from the gold nozzles to the silver with red band nozzles on the EA500LM. The gold filter makes this IEM sound like a Moondrop. Very inoffensive and polite with a bass kick. I like my women and my IEMS with a little spice and fieriness. I enjoy the sparkles. The shimmers. That was pretty much missing with the gold filter. The silver red band gives you really extended treble with some airy shimmer and shine, with still a really nice bass kick. I am really enjoying this IEM a lot.
Are all Moondrops tuned that way? Aria is the only Moondrop I bought and I feel the same way about the tuning.

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:08 AM Post #100,067 of 101,744
A certain reviewer even EQs his Variations to the target graph of other IEMs to review those IEMs (without hearing the actual IEM!).
this is insane lol what

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:13 AM Post #100,068 of 101,744
Objectively the best Dongle I’ve heard.
4E70AD20-7C04-4B34-B39E-80FA5D772605.jpeg

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #100,069 of 101,744
image.jpg

Planned to finish reviewing the ACE but ended up listening and compulsively wrote down impressions of the EA1000 instead. Most of its aspects are alright and the DD being used here is quite good, but that stage is what this set interesting. It’s like there is another set of speakers outside the ear canals slightly echo the midrange notes. It’s subtle, kinda like the subtle effect of the vibrating plates (aka “bone conduction driver”) in MEST III.

Isolation is quite poor though. In louder environments, the lower mid is masked so I need to turn up the volume, and the shoutiness was unbearable with female vocal tracks.

Bass is kinda dry, but clean, hits deep, and quite textured.

I’ll keep burning in this set (aka listening every day)
Yes openess, clarity, bass. I have feel older campfire dont have that. I think ara lack openess and in bass region it is better for more people these warm thick feel but ea 1000 is in bass even clearer and it is technicaly stronger in bass. Electro music is better layered distinctive feel in ea 1 000. I actualy have hard think about sell ara.

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:52 AM Post #100,070 of 101,744
Speaking about the Moondrop Variations, yeah it is upheld as the Harman measurebator's gold standard. You can see on social media and forums that some nihilistic devoted followers regard it as perfect in every way, and these folk can magically use graphs to tell 100% of the story, including timbre and technicalities. A certain reviewer even EQs his Variations to the target graph of other IEMs to review those IEMs (without hearing the actual IEM!).

These folk can get multiple eargasms daily from looking at graphs without any IEMs inside the ears. The highest level of audio nirvana.

I always had the impression that he's evaluating tonality not only based on anatomical facts (like how certain overtones are naturally amplified by our ears, so an IEM recessing them gets minus points: cf. his evaluation of the IE900 vs IE600), but also based on how much the given set resembles its (Platonic) idea. And then all of this is somewhat filtered through his personal taste. Examples for the former that match the general idea of human hearing are the Monarch Mk II and the Hidition Viento-B he values indeed very highly in his rankings. Examples for the latter are the Annihilator or the Variations. I think there's very little disagreement about the Variations being (one of) the best Harman IE-target set(s) ever, so it's indeed superb -- for that idea. Now, if, for example, its bass driver is a floppy mess, ruining the whole thing as a complete package, that's another question.

But of course, maybe I'm giving him too much credit. Nonetheless, I think it would be beneficial for the sake of clarity and fairness to separate him, the person (Corin) from him, the public persona (Crinacle) from people who like his way of thinking, from people who are the nihilistic mob you speak of (I've met them on Discord).

As for Sharur... I'd like to believe that what he's doing is the longest troll in the history of mankind. Such a social experiment can be explained and excused later.

Apr 29, 2024 at 11:59 AM Post #100,071 of 101,744
Apr 29, 2024 at 12:58 PM Post #100,074 of 101,744
So Aful Explorer aka P3 will be released in the end of May. First batches will be available around May 6th, so we might see some graphs and reviews poping up. Hyped.

Apr 29, 2024 at 1:50 PM Post #100,076 of 101,744
HIZIDIZ MP145 :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I like to fool around with the names...so Cheers to HIZIDIZ :)
An excellent choice… and on sale
IMG_7498.jpeg

I will be doing the MP145 for my next review, after I finish my Vortex impressions.
IMG_7497.jpeg

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:02 PM Post #100,077 of 101,744
So Aful Explorer aka P3 will be released in the end of May. First batches will be available around May 6th, so we might see some graphs and reviews poping up. Hyped.
I'd love to get my hands on one for review. You hear that Aful (if you're lurking here)? Come on I love the MagicOne you know you want me to hear the Explorer 😏

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #100,078 of 101,744
I'd love to get my hands on one for review. You hear that Aful (if you're lurking here)? Come on I love the MagicOne you know you want me to hear the Explorer 😏
big same

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #100,079 of 101,744
Are all Moondrops tuned that way? Aria is the only Moondrop I bought and I feel the same way about the tuning.
Yeah pretty much. Now there's a few super budget Moondrop's that apparently have some spicy trebles, I forget the name (spaceship?), but even my Crescents are tuned fairly thick and inoffensive, and most of my $100 and above MD's fall right in that category too, so I'd say with a slight few exceptions, the answer is yes.

Apr 29, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #100,080 of 101,744
That linked thread... Haha..a perfect example of feverish audiophile rabbithole.. How everyone sinks in as the hype keeps escalating was quite amusing to read..

Not amusing in sense of laughing at responders there, as we all do with different products repeatedly, but amusing to observe fomo and addictive quality of this hobby.
Hotel California only, this.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave…

Users who are viewing this thread

Back