The discovery thread!
May 27, 2013 at 7:11 PM Post #10,231 of 100,550
Quote:

Yup. I think the black ones looks uber-cool. Like I said, the chicks are really gonna dig them lol.

Actually, I'm really looking forward to trying them at the gym due to their excellent isolation. The dx210's are my current gym iem's and I love them. But, they don't isolate incredibly well. So it will be interesting to hear the fx3x's and dx210's go to battle for gym supremacy!

^ more like chick supremacy. : P

But i am sure the doods will be all over you cuz of these as well.
wink_face.gif

May 27, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #10,232 of 100,550
I'd second that, think they're great for the money, very nice sounding even if not taking cost into account.

I'll third that, I really like them.

It's as good as I can hope for it to be on a smartphone mate! I don't really believe that anyone is serious about their audio if they have to run it from their smartphone because they don't possess a dedicated audio source.

Aww, don't say that! :frowning2:

Some people just prefer having an all in one device, like me :smile:

May 27, 2013 at 7:48 PM Post #10,234 of 100,550
Quote:

Yup. I think the black ones looks uber-cool. Like I said, the chicks are really gonna dig them lol.

Actually, I'm really looking forward to trying them at the gym due to their excellent isolation. The dx210's are my current gym iem's and I love them. But, they don't isolate incredibly well. So it will be interesting to hear the fx3x's and dx210's go to battle for gym supremacy!

you sure? doesnt look an isolating design 
blink.gif

May 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #10,235 of 100,550
It seems like this thread loves bass heavy IEM's and my Etymotic clone finding is of little value around here heheheh.

May 27, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #10,236 of 100,550
It seems like this thread loves bass heavy IEM's and my Etymotic clone finding is of little value around here heheheh.

May 27, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #10,238 of 100,550
Quote:
you sure? doesnt look an isolating design 
blink.gif

This:

Quote:
Yeah they isolate REALLY well, esp. since they are open back which is pretty shocking. I use them all the time when i play Bball indoors and it blocks out most of the noise. It gets LOUD cuz the court is packed with peps and balls flying everywhere. Was vacuuming the other day with these on and i can hardly hear the vacuum even on moderate volumes when the music is on.  So i would say they are a perfect beater set of iems for on the go and gym use, as well as other noisy activities.

And from this link:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dweaver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

<snip>
Lets get some basic 's out of the way. These have an aluminum body with a 10mm carbon diaphragm neodymium driver and some form of bass port on the top of the IEM (but this port does not seem to affect isolation as these isolate very well). The design is pretty well done and these are comfortable and can be worn over ear or straight down. The cable is actually nice with a good rubbery feel and weight (but not to much weight), worn over ear the microphonics were very low. It does not have a chin slider though which I don't like and I prefer an L jack versus the straight jack it comes with. It has OK stress relief though and feels like it's built like a tank.
<snip>

Seems to be the general consensus.

May 27, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #10,239 of 100,550
Quote:

Nope, not really. Give it more time, and people might start showing more interest.

May 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM Post #10,240 of 100,550
Quote:

which one is that?

May 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM Post #10,242 of 100,550
I just tried for the last 20 minutes to buy those HAFx3x off ebay. Cannot for the life of me get paypal to behave. I guess it wasn't meant to be but those look like nice $20 use-and-abuse IEMs.

May 27, 2013 at 11:31 PM Post #10,243 of 100,550
Quote:
You know what I am starting to think will be a good deal is the new Fiio X3. The more and more I read about it the more I want one..

Yup, me too! Hopefully it can be had for $200.

It has 8MB of internal memory, and a single microSD slot which at this point supports up to 64GB cards. I'm going to have to wait and see if it actually ends supporting 128GB cards (or higher if/when they are available and affordable), because 64GB isn't going to cut it for me. I just got a SDXC 64GB card for my clip zip, and it's practically full already! There is hope though as ClieOS said here:

Quote:
Theoretically, as long as you format the SDXC card to FAT32 and the firmware doesn't have a problem reading over 64GB of files, then it should support up to 2TB. However, it will never read at SDXC speed, but limits to only SDHC speed. This applies to any SDHC reader as well.

Again, that's just in theory.

The X5 is also interesting because it has two microSD card slots. So at worst it could handle 2 x 64GB. The 64GB cards are getting somewhat affordable, so I like that option. But, the X5 will probably be quite a bit more expensive than the X3. Another interesting one is the ibasso DX50...

May 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #10,244 of 100,550
which one is that?

www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0050DXQXK/ I paid $21 for it and I think it uses the same driver as the Etymotic ER-4 series.

May 27, 2013 at 11:50 PM Post #10,245 of 100,550
which one is that?

www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/B0050DXQXK/ I paid $21 for it and I think it uses the same driver as the Etymotic ER-4 series. Perhaps I need to do a review with pictures to get attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back