The discovery thread!
Jan 6, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #92,447 of 102,997
How do you mean for one dollar? When I chose the option with Cyan cable, it raised the price for 58 €‎; It's 121 €‎ (stock cable) against 179 €‎ (stock cable + Cyan)

Cheers!
Go to the listed web site. Order both the Cyan and F1 Pro, put the code in and pay $100.00 USD.

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:30 AM Post #92,448 of 102,997
I quite liked Freedom and Mei, the KES the single DD also was ridiculously cheap.
It is an open secret but CVJ is the sister company of TRN.

Their tuning is a hit or miss but this looks quite nice.
I only have experience with CVJ Mei which is a bit too shameless in the sibilance region to my ears and it fits me poorly due to my helical crus extending deep into the concha.

I'll gift it to a friend with luckier ear shape and higher tolerance for sibilance. Now I need to find such a friend.

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:31 AM Post #92,449 of 102,997
Jan 6, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #92,450 of 102,997
In Italian the word "BiDong" remembers the bin (rubbish) or when you say that someone has given you a "bidone" which means a rip-off. Promising like Aful or Schiit! :ksc75smile:

Jan 6, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #92,451 of 102,997
I only have experience with CVJ Mei which is a bit too shameless in the sibilance region to my ears and it fits me poorly due to my helical crus extending deep into the concha.

I'll gift it to a friend with luckier ear shape and higher tolerance for sibilance. Now I need to find such a friend.
Yup that switch up that give it more detail and clarity can get to bright, also the driver ain't the best BAs for the top end. And switch down is to relaxed, should been a middle road.

Btw if you have problems with fit on Mei (same for me) never try Simgot models, the same build and size problem. Maybe even slightly worse 😅

But what's interesting is that universally this top of shell and build work for more people than not, so we are unicorns who need longer nozzles or more ergonomic shell.

Jan 6, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #92,454 of 102,997
Will be interesting to see whether you find it sounds the same as your other set. Hopefully no noticeable difference.
That is more of the drama of hand-made totals and related stuff.
KZs are very much mass- produced. My pairs of AS16, AS16 pro and ASX sound identical.
Then, AS12 pair - one of the first ones and one of the latest - are quite different (the latter is more refined). KZ does change production unannounced.

Most of KZ drama came out of HBB (a near-criminal menace to this hobby) collaborations, I hope KZ learned not to touch sh.t anymore. Also HBB minions managed to destroy Crin collaboration (stopped ranting).

I will test AS24 and report back - no bias either way.
The KZ AS24 is not a bad set by any means, extremely technical piece of kit. But I'll deduct some marks cause of the bad fit (HUGE shells) and artificial timbre. It is very versatile (256 tuning configurations to be exact), but some might say that is a major overkill and that the company is throwing as much stuff on the wall and hoping one of the 256 configurations sates the appetite of the customer.

My current favourite all BA set is the Sony M9, not a fair comparison cause it is in the TOTL price bracket, but the M9 has better technicalities and is much smoother with a more natural timbre. Not tunable though.

I've sold away the Audiosense T800, so can't do any A/B comparisons now, but from aural memory, I recall the T800 to have a more natural bass that sounds close to a DD than a BA bass, and it was perhaps a bit more technical and better fitting.

Another pure BA (single BA actually), I'm using is the AFUL MagicOne. That is much harder to drive, but has a more natural timbre though weaker technical chops than the AS24. It sounds very much like a multi-driver instead of a traditional single BA due to some exotic tech inside.
Thank you!

AS24 are quite large but my fairly large ears trained to fit other multi-BA KZs take AS24 well. AST was the most problematic for me for longer sessions out of all KZs so far.
T800 are a very nice V, and a very good reference for me. The bass is very close to DDs, and I strongly prefer BAs to DDs (long story). I do wish for the IEM designs with DD confined below 65 Hz.

I can only wish to test M9 and to experience their side-firing (likely dampened) BAs. DD-like is again rather a negative to my limited perception/taste.

Then, you may be right - for the quality experience - getting one "better" IEM instead of 5 or so is a very reasonable approach.
I am more for the experience and comparisons, and I am happy to enjoy simple things. The only IEMs other than KZ, I plan to get now is Celest. Plutus looks cute despite 8 Ohm and reportedly reported dark signature by the reviewers of free samples. Given my very positive experience with Gumiho and Phoenixcall - I will check how Plutus will work out :)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 11:45 AM Post #92,455 of 102,997
CVJ BiDong is coming, had quite a few of their models. While build and shell not be the best, the sound often been very good for the price. But the name? 🤔

Copied from FB:

This Valentine's Day, let's meet it - "BiDong", let's sow all the sweetness together and harvest all the romance.

Through headphones and music, we feel the connection with our hearts, making our hearts warm like sunshine.

Let's look forward to the romance that Valentine's Day limited edition headphones "BiDong" and music bring us !💌

#CVJ #new #iems #BiDong #ValentinesDay

1000021304.jpg

I thing they left out the letter g in that name

Including it would have made for a better Valentines Day present

Jan 6, 2024 at 11:58 AM Post #92,456 of 102,997
I thing they left out the letter g in that name

Including it would have made for a better Valentines Day present

Fat Girl and BigDong...always aiming to impress with their classy naming conventions...

Jan 6, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #92,457 of 102,997
Look at this one!
redcarmoose.jpg

LOL, how am I supposed to say NO to that kind of offer? Ordered!

Jan 6, 2024 at 12:33 PM Post #92,458 of 102,997

LOL, how am I supposed to say NO to that kind of offer? Ordered!
Cool, these are not any style of affiliate links, I only get them to help out people who are (going to be) enjoying the same IEM I’m enjoying. Deal ends on the last minute of the 7th, then I may get another code?

I never had a meme before? :)

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2024 at 12:38 PM Post #92,459 of 102,997
Jan 6, 2024 at 12:50 PM Post #92,460 of 102,997
Cool, these are not any style of affiliate links, I only get to help out people who are enjoying the same IEM I’m enjoying. Deal ends on the last minute of the 7th, then I may get another code?
Not only is this helpful but it is absolutely appreciated!

Thanks for making me aware of this coupon, definitely tipped the scales on my end as I was looking at about $155 for IEM+cable in the 4.4mm flavors but after coupon, it was knocked down to $113, much more appetizing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back