The discovery thread!
Jun 29, 2023 at 12:48 PM Post #82,096 of 100,363
When did the P5 fall into the dust? :thinking:
i mean on FB not here i guess....when it was release it was hype everywhere, then i dont see any post anymore....but it doesnt mean they are bad ....i trust Basking impressions and he didnt conclude these are exceptional IEM thats all....there other impressions at the time but last one was in december on Chifi Love so i guess it depend where we look too....and if Hifigo have an hand there.

Jun 29, 2023 at 12:55 PM Post #82,097 of 100,363
I feel like people are underselling the most important feature of the Quartet. The sick looks.

I want to get excited for the Quintet but I fall asleep looking at the design.

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:01 PM Post #82,098 of 100,363
Some sexy pics of the Soundrhyme SR7 which i tremendously enjoy, fast warm round chunky bass (bass boost switch), lush thick mids,very natural, they remind me Kiwi Ears Orchestra Lite and Penon Globe mids, vocal have rich presence and dense body. bass have a fast boom with rumbly sustain, its not the best in separation with bass boost but go cleaner and leaner with ''clear vocal'' switch...its really a 2in1 IEM and these reconciliate me with tuning switch. for bass and vocal-mids lover first and fore most, treble isnt the most airy or sparkly, but this is to be expected with BAs imo...anyway, i will listen more to them and share full review or other sound impressions but these a lush bassy and very musical to my ears. other Soundrhyme IEM i try for 5min and then never touch again are SR1...itwas boomy muddy if i remember correctly, dont even worth a review...

1688057663465.png
1688057683707.png
1688057713139.png

Jun 29, 2023 at 1:03 PM Post #82,099 of 100,363
I feel like people are underselling the most important feature of the Quartet. The sick looks.

When mounted in your ears, you don’t see them.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 1:05 PM Post #82,100 of 100,363

The faceplates are exactly like an Apple MacBook in both material construction and color tone. They have an understated elegance. Then the back part is so sexy, the way they fit so close to your ear, being a universal custom. Only that final ending tail-fin helps hold them in place. It’s a design which holds both beauty and functionality.....IMO. While nozzle length seems long in my photos, it is due to the fact that the Quintet is actually on the kinda medium smaller size, which by proportion makes it seem long. None of that chunky-ness of the Orchestra Lite.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 1:48 PM Post #82,101 of 100,363
When mounted in your ears, you don’t see them.
I can't see my hair without a mirror but I feel better when my hair looks good. I can feel when the IEMs look good. In my bones.

Jun 29, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #82,103 of 100,363

The faceplates are exactly like an Apple MacBook in both material construction and color tone. They have an understated elegance. Then the back part is so sexy, the way they fit so close to your ear, being a universal custom. Only that final ending tail-fin helps hold them in place. It’s a design which holds both beauty and functionality.....IMO. While nozzle length seems long in my photos, it is due to the fact that the Quintet is actually on the kinda medium smaller size, which by proportion makes it seem long. None of that chunky-ness of the Orchestra Lite
DSC_0104.jpegqwqwq.jpeg
DSC_0100.jpega.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 2:20 PM Post #82,104 of 100,363
I'm not sure post more pictures of these is making them look any better to me. Maybe in person they look nicer? But I like Apple's industrial design, and I have a hard time imagining them releasing a product that looks like this. I feel like the looks of an IEM are very personal and they just look kind of boring to me?

(Photography sidenote: is that actual iridescence on the surface in the first pic or is that just some serious chromatic aberration?)

Jun 29, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #82,106 of 100,363
Maybe I should consider the Quintet if it makes people fall asleep. That is what I mostly use my iems for, to fall asleep.
But I promised myself that I would first enjoy the Quartet and especially the Aful P8 for a while.

Jun 29, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #82,107 of 100,363
I'm not sure post more pictures of these is making them look any better to me. Maybe in person they look nicer? But I like Apple's industrial design, and I have a hard time imagining them releasing a product that looks like this. I feel like the looks of an IEM are very personal and they just look kind of boring to me?

(Photography sidenote: is that actual iridescence on the surface in the first pic or is that just some serious chromatic aberration?)
Actully you are right in that I was attempting a new technique of using flash fill with morning sun, so I had to correct for overly warm color temp. The flash was not as dominant as I expected, but these are just to get some photos out there, my review will have different ones. The main purpose of these was to show the backside.
Yes, you are right, they have a sober elegance.

😂😂😂😂
However, aesthetics are also important.

Maybe I should consider the Quintet if it makes people fall asleep. That is what I mostly use my iems for, to fall asleep.
But I promised myself that I would first enjoy the Quartet and especially the Aful P8 for a while.
They are way better in person, where the shape and style are understated.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 3:06 PM Post #82,108 of 100,363
FIIO FW3, new toy. Going to give them some time tomorrow during work. Chunky boys, so I hope sound is also nice and big :beerchug:

1688065711833.png

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #82,110 of 100,363
FIIO FW3, new toy. Going to give them some time tomorrow during work. Chunky boys, so I hope sound is also nice and big :beerchug:

Make sure you download Fiios control app from the market place and install that. Will be essential to get some extra features, looking at battery times, EQ, preset EQ, and is an easy way to update the FW3 firmware to accept LDAC. It is experimental but one that has been reported to work. I updated the firmware last night myself. Looking foward to see what you think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back