The discovery thread!
Jun 29, 2023 at 6:15 AM Post #82,082 of 101,948
DSC_0088.jpegqdw.jpeg
DSC_0103.jpegx.jpeg

Couple quick snaps to get a look-see and some simple sound impressions.
The Kiwi ears Quintet sounds like a TOTL Flagship! I'm serious......just slightly laid back except real natural timbre coming forward. Went though a few of my test songs and the overall tone is dead-on.............this IEM is going to be a market disrupter.

Well, so finally we can close this evil thread,
and … see you in 2 years 😂

Jun 29, 2023 at 6:40 AM Post #82,083 of 101,948
so i dont have enough time to focus on headfi alot alas....but there an intriguing hybrid always poping up with praise and hype on Chifi Love group....
and now, i need some minimal impressions from you guys...

its the JUZ EAR 41T

question is: is this an exceptional or very good IEM for the price (technical performance and tonal balance) and why????

tx in advance guys....im overwhelmed with choice but do the ''fine bouche'' now...so no more Moondrop, KZ, CCA, TRN, CVJ (ok not sure, Mei have potential) and stuffs....

Yep, 41t is very competent for the price.
Its stock cable suits best I'd ever heard.
First impression: quite neutral, a bit dark bass sound. After burning-in bass became less, more treble, soundstage became larger and deeper than average, with exemplary 3d effect. Very good micro and macro details in up to $500 range and excellent in up to $300.
For me it is not enough subbass, other ranges satisfying me totally.
I use HiClass cable with graphene - for more tight bass and airy treble.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 7:41 AM Post #82,084 of 101,948
Jun 29, 2023 at 8:52 AM Post #82,088 of 101,948
Quintet 2 in 60 to 90 days!
I could actually see them release a follow-up within a year, if Quintet sells well.

They might pull an opposite of what they did with the Orchestra and release a more expensive (but still affordable), more premium version.

Kiwi Ears claims it took them nearly a year to develop the Quintet. Now that they've done the hard part and know how to create and tune a quad-brid, they can make different versions faster / better.

https://kiwiears.com/products/kiwi-ears-quintet

Quintet.jpg

Jun 29, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #82,090 of 101,948
Hmm...
Razer Moray
($130, 1DD+1BA, MMCX)

not as disastrous as i thought i would be.
i thought it will be like SonyXtraBass but worse.

but its still just graph, not sure how it actually sound in technicality and timbre.
Razer has been in the audio "game" for many, many years. They've released countless headphones and some speakers. Gamers like buying their stuff, so it's not a surprise they'd release a decent IEM too.

I haven't bought a Razer product in over half a decade. Gone through too many of their mice that all developed a double/triple click problem. Their warranty is pretty good though.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 9:22 AM Post #82,091 of 101,948
i second SR7 are great....its a bit like what the Penon Globe wish to be....but tuning switch is like 2 soundsig (drastic way since there slight difference).
P8 have mixed impressions on CHifi Love....while P5 were ultra hyped at first then kind of fall in the dust. i would be very cautious with Aful products and wait for post reviewers hype

for SR7 too...for any new IEM in fact.
When did the P5 fall into the dust? :thinking:

Jun 29, 2023 at 9:31 AM Post #82,092 of 101,948
When did the P5 fall into the dust? :thinking:
No clue. I see a lot of people still recommend it as their favorite in its price range. I guess not hyping something constantly or seeing a few negative reviews/feedback = "fall into the dust?" :thinking:

Timmy once again, picked P5 as his under $300 IEM of choice.

Jun 29, 2023 at 9:33 AM Post #82,093 of 101,948
No clue. I see a lot of people still recommend it as their favorite in its price range. I guess not hyping something constantly or seeing a few negative reviews/feedback = "fall into the dust?" :thinking:

Timmy once again, picked P5 as his under $300 IEM of choice.

The P5 and P8 (i have both) are not bass monsters, but the bass amount is adequet on EDM and the quality of the bass is very very good. But yes, they are not stage monsters.

Jun 29, 2023 at 10:06 AM Post #82,094 of 101,948
Hmm...
Razer Moray
($130, 1DD+1BA, MMCX)

1688044671720.png

1688044510590.png

not as disastrous as i thought i would be.
i thought it will be like SonyXtraBass but worse.

but its still just graph, not sure how it actually sound in technicality and timbre.

While graphs don't tell the full story, they may be quite meaningful as a gatekeeper for tonality. And the Moray's 10 dB ear gain in upper mids with an almost neutral bass is possibly gonna be a recipe for shoutiness.

Might live up to the Moray namesake of a moray eel biting the eardrums?

moray.jpg

Razer has been in the audio "game" for many, many years. They've released countless headphones and some speakers. Gamers like buying their stuff, so it's not a surprise they'd release a decent IEM too.

I haven't bought a Razer product in over half a decade. Gone through too many of their mice that all developed a double/triple click problem. Their warranty is pretty good though.

Razer is a gaming company, but they actually acquired THX a few years back: https://www.theverge.com/2016/10/17/13309346/razer-buys-thx-lucasfilm

So perhaps they have some audio expertise from the THX side.

Attachments

• moray.jpg
    moray.jpg
    439.3 KB · Views: 0
Jun 29, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #82,095 of 101,948
Oh hey I’m the anti-Kiwi Ears Cadenza guy who almost got banned from headfi, ending up mod to interrupt the thread😂

I’m still thinking Cadenza is just OK and slightly above average as a $40 single DD.

I’m happy with Quartet though, it’s definitely not a ground breaking of any sort, but it makes listening very enjoyable

And thanks!!

Still having a tough pricing negotiation, but I’m just a guy who invest effort in tuning and making the Project Butastur with Night Oblivion, not the actual
big boss who pays all the bills and buys the inventory that suffers huge risks.

I’m trying to find a midpoint in pricing negotiation.
I myself have a hard time understanding the Cadenza, which to me is below average in sound quality? The tune I understand, except it’s missing technicalities. Back to the tune......nothing is special to me as it sounds boring and uninspired? I gave it a 3.5 and that was generous. So I am surprised due to its fame? Yet I have only heard 3 Kiwi ears IEMs, and the Cadenza takes third place. The Quintet actually is a good idea to come after the Orchestra Lite, as they are opposites in many ways. Especially how the Lite was all midrange, and this Quintet more reserved mids with the bass that many were wishing the Lite had. Still it is super difficult to compare the Lite and Quintet as one is a straight BA set, that in many ways is classic BA tone and tune.....then the Quintet which is like no-other I have exactly run across?

The Cadenza I have given ample time to, even revisiting it and trying other ideas like cables and different sources, different ear-tips, and it still demonstrates a clumped together sound with very messy imaging and separation? The Cadenza even runs into sloppy pace with uncontrollable low-end? So when an IEM gets a bad review from me it gets special attention as to that fact......... a revisit as to make sure I didn’t miss anything.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back