The discovery thread!
Apr 4, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #75,692 of 100,443
I’m trying out taobao agent service superbuy’s app.

One IEM triggered my interest and after looking at intl MRSP $299 vs Seller’s origibal Taobao $135. I felt I’d give a proxy agent service a try.

For others interested in directly buying taobao Items:
Here is the steps
1: download superbuy app or sign up at superbuy.com | this is package proxy service

2: paste your desired goods taobao url in that superbuy app
2E274D6D-5AC0-4CA5-82C1-8858E93C76EA.jpeg

3: process payment ; they accept paypal😄, paypal works as great security gateway so that you don’t need to disclose your creditcard info, also a fraud protection program of paypal works as a risk mitigator.

Note: you will have to pay twice: product purchase payment as 1st, and shipping payment to the proxy agent as 2nd. 2nd payment is very small, 20CNY =3.5USD. But don’t forget to pay the shipping payment or your purchase will be cancelled. Details in below.

57B1E684-DAAD-4A0F-A6F7-3B7877FAD291.jpeg

shipping process chart
6B05BBD8-3672-46B2-ADCE-554D700101A3.jpeg

some check lists (I slected expedite processing since it didn't charge much fee)
F7D477BF-E653-447F-B38A-7C30BAC4E9A6.jpeg
Final screen
B6392C78-EDC3-444D-A592-97857096B4A8.jpeg
Noob TRAP!!: You need to pay twice! 1st payment is the mainbody payment 99% of the cost goes on first payment, then goto Order Screen, on bottom right there is “pay now” button, that’s rest of 1% of shipper’s comission (20CNY = 4USD).
You will receive an email titled “outstanding balance” with

Your item XXXXXX has an outstanding shipping payment to be made. Please pay accordingly within 72 hours, or the order will be canceled automatically.​

so click on that link and it will re-direct you to pay this shipper’s fee. What a noob trap.

15B558F3-1C64-4055-B0B2-151CCA8D5381.jpeg

The IEM I ordered is Audio Hekili
09291DFB-03C3-40BF-A7B4-1885C6F44769.png
I noticed it’s 64 family tuning and saw some loves it, so I wanted give it a try. The 10khz+ looks pretty energized👀

I will update if this proxy service actually works or not.

Oops! I think I actually ordered Lokahi instead of Hekili, anyway😂 They look pretty similar in tuning family.

64 audio’s IEM didn’t hit 8khz coupler’s resonance peak due to the open BA structure meanwhile Those Audio Lokahi /Hekili hit the peak, other than than the tuning seemed pretty much followed the philosophy of neutrality
5A218F1C-08DF-42C1-9C43-C0B3E643D65F.png
Plenty of reviews of Hekili and probably Lokahi. I've had them in my cart a few times, but decided against them. They are sold outside of taobao, but not at that price.

Apr 4, 2023 at 3:44 PM Post #75,693 of 100,443
Maybe it's another gem. I will keep an eye 👀
My friend, this is not an undiscovered gem lol It might be for AS, but there's plenty of written and YT reviews and the item is available for purchase @ Linsoul and Ali. They've actually had it on sale a few times, and I almost pulled the trigger on them, but the Orchestra Lite came into view at about the same price, and with one more BA.

Apr 4, 2023 at 3:47 PM Post #75,694 of 100,443
Apr 4, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #75,695 of 100,443
394151.jpg
I'm curious, has anyone here tried these before?
The Monoprice iSine knockoffs from several years ago? Those things sold out after awhile. Should be plenty of reviews out there for these. They were popular for a short bit, with the biggest knocks being fit and the ear hooks breaking very easily.

Apr 4, 2023 at 4:04 PM Post #75,696 of 100,443
It's actually $24.00 for the 2 pin 2.5 and that's sold out, along with every single type except for single ended 3.5.
They often offer NiceHCK cables in one option, 2 pin 4.4mm balanced being the usual option. Unless they're clearing stock. In that case you're in luck if you are looking for TFZ connector.

I was looking for an SE 3..5mm in mmcx so it worked out for me this time.:ksc75smile:

Apr 4, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #75,697 of 100,443
I was about to order some NiceHCK cables but those guys don't want to customize. Meh. Xinhs and Penon on the other hand are able to.
And guess which brand is the most talked about cables now?

For what it seems, NiceHCK is focusing on price and volume sales (with quality products ofc) and they are winning

Apr 4, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #75,698 of 100,443
My experience so far with NiceHCK is that they are good value when discounted.
The more expensive cables when discounted can compete with much more expensive brands.
I am not a fan of the ones with fabric sleeving as they are microphonic and often stiff with some memory in them.
The cheapest NiceHCK cables has for me had problems with connectors in atleast 20% of them. (BlackCat, PurpleSe, BlackWheat, OrangeSir)

XINHS seem to give you better cable for the same amount of money when compared to NiceHCK, is also very friendly to customize orders.
You get very much for the price here. For example the 4 core Crystal Copper silver plated sounded the same as the EA CADMUS and felt as good in the hand except for the nice design of CADMUS.

Penon/ISN costs often more than XINHS but you get nicer connectors than XINHS, you also pay more for a similar cable than from XINHS.
Legendary customer support, helps you with custom orders or if a problem appears. They have both cheaper cables and more expensive.

Apr 4, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #75,699 of 100,443
Hey @o0genesis0o , congrat on your first talking video 😁

Thanks for sharing here, mate! My Internet was crawling to I didn't check when the video was uploaded.

I returned my E5000, it seemed very, very bad to me, I bought them at the same time as E3000, which I kept only to confirm that I don't like any of them. I can't help but smile every time these appear in a comparison, if they compete with them, I will inevitably move away from that recommendation.

Yup, these Legato sounds nothing like E5000. It's more snappy and open.

Great review! Thanks for sharing it.

My copy of Legato is slowly crawling to me. I’m expecting it by next week. Your review is very interesting. It’s exactly what I’m hoping for. Bold bass that’s controlled and well placed with the other frequencies. Similar to the OH10, basically. The reviews so far do indicate that it has a much more subtle tune than your typical Beats bass blasters that sacrifice mids with reckless abandon.

More bold tunings, please!

The bass of Legato does remind me of the focal utopia floor standing speakers in the listening room at my local hifi store, though the bass sensation of the IEM is no where as physical. These IEMs have a sub-bass focused tuning, thus sounds like a sub-bass focused IEM, not your typical Beats or Sony XM4.

Apr 4, 2023 at 5:32 PM Post #75,700 of 100,443
Apr 4, 2023 at 6:31 PM Post #75,701 of 100,443
So far I am loving the Sennheiser IE600. Not one shred of buyers remorse, which has crept in for a number of IEM's. I blasted the driver overnight on the burner, and I've been listening to them throughout the day. They will be my travel IEM, as i'm heading out for Florida in a few hours, though I've decided to travel with the iPod and not my usual DAP/AMP combos. The great thing about the IE600 is that they are not as power hungry as some other Senns, including the IE100. They are loud, even at moderate to low volume, so they sound absolutely phenomenal out of the iPod straight jacked.

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:42 PM Post #75,703 of 100,443
So far I am loving the Sennheiser IE600. Not one shred of buyers remorse, which has crept in for a number of IEM's. I blasted the driver overnight on the burner, and I've been listening to them throughout the day. They will be my travel IEM, as i'm heading out for Florida in a few hours, though I've decided to travel with the iPod and not my usual DAP/AMP combos. The great thing about the IE600 is that they are not as power hungry as some other Senns, including the IE100. They are loud, even at moderate to low volume, so they sound absolutely phenomenal out of the iPod straight jacked.
iPod jack is essentially a built-in apple dongle, isn’t?

IE600 is quite nice. “Reference”-ish tuning with bass boost and tiny shells. Again, expectation plays a role here. I constantly compared IE600 to IE900 in my head, so I didn’t like it as much as I should, but it’s nice.

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:50 PM Post #75,704 of 100,443
iPod jack is essentially a built-in apple dongle, isn’t?

IE600 is quite nice. “Reference”-ish tuning with bass boost and tiny shells. Again, expectation plays a role here. I constantly compared IE600 to IE900 in my head, so I didn’t like it as much as I should, but it’s nice.
Indeed it is about the iPod.

Apr 4, 2023 at 6:53 PM Post #75,705 of 100,443
I’m trying out taobao agent service superbuy’s app.

One IEM triggered my interest and after looking at intl MRSP $299 vs Seller’s origibal Taobao $135. I felt I’d give a proxy agent service a try.

For others interested in directly buying taobao Items:
Here is the steps
1: download superbuy app or sign up at superbuy.com | this is package proxy service

2: paste your desired goods taobao url in that superbuy app

3: process payment ; they accept paypal😄, paypal works as great security gateway so that you don’t need to disclose your creditcard info, also a fraud protection program of paypal works as a risk mitigator.

Note: you will have to pay twice: product purchase payment as 1st, and shipping payment to the proxy agent as 2nd. 2nd payment is very small, 20CNY =3.5USD. But don’t forget to pay the shipping payment or your purchase will be cancelled. Details in below.

shipping process chart

some check lists (I slected expedite processing since it didn't charge much fee)

Final screen

Noob TRAP!!: You need to pay twice! 1st payment is the mainbody payment 99% of the cost goes on first payment, then goto Order Screen, on bottom right there is “pay now” button, that’s rest of 1% of shipper’s comission (20CNY = 4USD).
You will receive an email titled “outstanding balance” with

Your item XXXXXX has an outstanding shipping payment to be made. Please pay accordingly within 72 hours, or the order will be canceled automatically.​

so click on that link and it will re-direct you to pay this shipper’s fee. What a noob trap.

The IEM I ordered is Audio Hekili

I noticed it’s 64 family tuning and saw some loves it, so I wanted give it a try. The 10khz+ looks pretty energized👀

I will update if this proxy service actually works or not.

Oops! I think I actually ordered Lokahi instead of Hekili, anyway😂 They look pretty similar in tuning family.

64 audio’s IEM didn’t hit 8khz coupler’s resonance peak due to the open BA structure meanwhile Those Audio Lokahi /Hekili hit the peak, other than than the tuning seemed pretty much followed the philosophy of neutrality
taobao.com has international shipping/forwarding service built in. It's pretty usable with just google translate. Though they collect sales tax for address in the US, so if it provides a way around that it may still be worth it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back