The discovery thread!
Apr 1, 2023 at 12:07 AM Post #75,451 of 101,329
Attention to Tangzu Encounter user using with stock cable:

I found stock cable had imaging focus issue so I was using other cables on Encounter.

Out of curiosity I used Encounte’s stock cable on KZ ZES, of which I was using BlackSoul on it.

At first second when I paried ZES with Encounter stock cable, I noticed the polarity mismatch was taking place, no wonder the R/L indicators are drawn on opposite side on that stock cable which I found it very confusing.

The correct polarity shall be all R/L indicator on 2pin connector to be facing outward (toward faceplate).

Wrong polarity (the ear hook direction is correct but polarity are mismatched): Imaging center will be blurred.
C474E422-9E31-476A-B4AD-4E1291E401AD.jpeg

Correct polarity (ear hook of Right ear piece will be flipped, but polarity will be matched) Imaging center shall be in-front of you, imaging projection is properly forward projected. You see R indicator now is facing outward.
A9F40D06-7374-4D35-A88C-E576800892A1.jpeg

Tangzu really messed up with Encounter…😩 Many of you may noticed See Audio and Tangzu logo is reverse printed as well.

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #75,452 of 101,329
Normally I find Silver or SPC cables to do that not a strait Copper cable unless the Zinc does something. Time well tell and try it out?
That's been my standard thought and belief for years, until the Black Cat....

Apr 1, 2023 at 1:54 AM Post #75,453 of 101,329
VE ZEN 3.0 Been liking the earbuds much more than anticipated, I still prefer IEMs and both have their usage.

Decided to also order VE SIE, will be fun to see how the IEMs from Venture Electronics is.
If I understood right it should have a warm analogue sound, description seems for me maybe a baby Penon Serial for my work.
Back to waiting some weeks for the new toy :beerchug:

https://www.veclan.com/engappliance_sel_one?eng_ApplianceVo.eac_id=89

338665340_235579328997985_1309459322474505430_n (2).jpg

1672386614477024440.jpg

Apr 1, 2023 at 1:59 AM Post #75,454 of 101,329
Just posted SR5 cable notes including MixPP / RedAg /BlackSoul / DragonScale / Hazy /Limpid Pro 👌

The best sounding one was DragonScale but from cost to performance I find either of following are good match:
KBear Hazy | if you want to tame bass) RedAg | if you want more transparency and OK with original
bass level
Wow, those are some nice looking cables. They look like they costs a few grands, especially the ultra thick one with the cloth sleeve.

Apr 1, 2023 at 2:46 AM Post #75,455 of 101,329
KBear Limpid Pro cable came in. Last of my big cable order from a few weeks ago. It's thinner than the Hazy, but still feels really premium. Decided for now to use it with the Sjhangri-la, since I'm using the Hazy on the SR5.

Apr 1, 2023 at 4:57 AM Post #75,457 of 101,329
Hi folks,

Just started a YouTube channel (since my colleagues told me that no one bothers to read 4000 words reviews nowadays :beyersmile: ) The first video is unboxing of the Hidizs MS5. Please have a look and let me know how it goes.

The 7Hz Legato should be on my desk some time next week. I think many of you would be more interested in that one than this Hidizs one.

Apr 1, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #75,458 of 101,329
Hi folks,

Just started a YouTube channel (since my colleagues told me that no one bothers to read 4000 words reviews nowadays :beyersmile: ) The first video is unboxing of the Hidizs MS5. Please have a look and let me know how it goes.

The 7Hz Legato should be on my desk some time next week. I think many of you would be more interested in that one than this Hidizs one.

There is truth to what you said, fewer and fewer want to read articles/reviews. Almost everyone these days need to consume more than one thing at the time, so YouTube videos is easier for that. Also more easy to get fed the info trough a video than reading also.

The faceplate does it feel cheap or brittle?

Apr 1, 2023 at 5:39 AM Post #75,459 of 101,329
The faceplate does it feel cheap or brittle?
Nah. I think the grills are plastic because it is not cold to the touch. But it's solid and I couldn't find any gap to pull it out either.

Edit: I think the key point of these IEMs are the U-shaped tuning (think U12T) and high technical performance. I like them quite a bit, but they have strong mid-treble presence that might be troublesome for some listeners.

Re: video: do you prefer "talking head" videos like headphones.com guys or "talking hand" videos like Arkos and others?

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 5:45 AM Post #75,460 of 101,329
I only think about Zeos when I see videos of hands talking :beyersmile:

My favourite is when you can see the person talking, but both approaches work. @o0genesis0o you have me as subscriber now, so I will be watching:beerchug:

Last edited:
Apr 1, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #75,461 of 101,329
Attention to Tangzu Encounter user using with stock cable:

I found stock cable had imaging focus issue so I was using other cables on Encounter.

Out of curiosity I used Encounte’s stock cable on KZ ZES, of which I was using BlackSoul on it.

At first second when I paried ZES with Encounter stock cable, I noticed the polarity mismatch was taking place, no wonder the R/L indicators are drawn on opposite side on that stock cable which I found it very confusing.

The correct polarity shall be all R/L indicator on 2pin connector to be facing outward (toward faceplate).

Wrong polarity (the ear hook direction is correct but polarity are mismatched): Imaging center will be blurred.
C474E422-9E31-476A-B4AD-4E1291E401AD.jpeg

Correct polarity (ear hook of Right ear piece will be flipped, but polarity will be matched) Imaging center shall be in-front of you, imaging projection is properly forward projected. You see R indicator now is facing outward.
A9F40D06-7374-4D35-A88C-E576800892A1.jpeg

Tangzu really messed up with Encounter…😩 Many of you may noticed See Audio and Tangzu logo is reverse printed as well.

I have the left-right markings pointing into the IEM and not out (which I found strange),
but both the left-right signals then the phase of the signals are correct.
I also checked with the multimeter

Apr 1, 2023 at 6:16 AM Post #75,462 of 101,329
Hi folks,

Congrats bro!! Please remember us when you are famous haha.

I think the younger generation prefer videos to written reviews. Though for videos I find it hard to skip to a part where I am interested to read, sometimes it necessitates one to watch thru some boring parts we ain't interested to see.

I think videos would require investment in a good video can and mic and lighting. So some necessary expenditure to start the videos rolling.

Youtube seems to have some algorithm to pay the reviewer, more clicks and views of course = more $. Seems longer than ten min videos also makes more cash than a short one.

I spoke to two audio gear youtube reviewers - one just starting out with a small fanbase, the other more established and one of the bigger names. The former gets about $9 usd a month, the other gets $200 usd!

All the best with this, will go give u some clicks too!

Apr 1, 2023 at 6:17 AM Post #75,463 of 101,329
Hi folks,

Good luck with your channel friend...I'm sure you will be a credit to the HiFi community. Regarding the Legato, if you can give them a few days burn in you will be doing them a lot more justice. I saw a box opening/review that was jumping the gun regarding the 7HZ Legato's sound. They definitely sound a LOT different after about 40 hours.

Apr 1, 2023 at 6:35 AM Post #75,464 of 101,329
Hi folks,

I like your reviews with 4K words or even more
if you want.

Apr 1, 2023 at 6:58 AM Post #75,465 of 101,329
I’m probably deranged, but somehow that music reminds me of strippers and stripper-poles?
Hi folks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back