The discovery thread!
Jan 13, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #61,411 of 99,737
New Tin HIFI product coming:

https://www.facebook.com/TINhifiOfficial/posts/428998555591278

271841555_428997772258023_8945057518345099827_n.jpg

At least it is 2 pin. Their MMCX QC was horrendous with the T2 and T4 series!

They kinda redeemed themselves with the Tin T3 Plus in a way, after a few recent Tin HIFI products were underwhelming (P2, T5, T2 Evo). Hope this will be more of the former than the latter.

Jan 13, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #61,412 of 99,737
Let's all agree to call it Snafu :smiling_imp:... I have some DT Sixs' which I still use .. amazing bang for the buck!

Jan 13, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #61,413 of 99,737
Shuoer for sure have one of the most tidy PO packaging up to date for me lol

IMG20220114002729.jpg.png

Anyway, that's the S12, I have a brief listen to it and also measure it.
LETSHUOER S12.png

First impression is pretty good so far. Really well tuned for a planar, though it has a lot of trait of being an IEM planar though. Most say the bass which I agree somewhat, but I am more intrigued by the treble timbre: Sharp attack, somewhat peaky...
But it's probably on the more decent side, at least comparing to... *cough* the Tin Hifi Planar line up which I really dislike.

Should have a review this month T_T

For the meantime, you can try to compare it at my graph tool: https://banbeu.com/graph/tool
(Yes, I don't have a Timeless... yet)

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #61,414 of 99,737
Hi @Jmop , I've managed to take a graph of the Astrotec Vesna.

Astrotec Vesna.jpg
IEC711 compliant coupler. 8 kHZ area is a resonance peak.

There is indeed a subbass roll off and a peak around 6 kHz on listening. 8 khz is a resonance peak. Haha lesson learned is not to trust store provided graphs.

I think if we can EQ away the 6 kHz region, or use foam tips/warmer sources, that 6 kHz area will not be so splashy for cymbals and highhats.

BTW Many thanks to @bryaudioreviews , @Vannak , @RikudouGoku and KopiOKaya for helping and giving advise on measuring rigs!
I got mine burning in right now. On brief listen, bass sounds leaner than the graph suggests but I may need to switch from stock tips for a better seal. Lower treble does sound a touch glassy.. A brighter signature might've worked if the treble didn't lose steam so quickly. Vocal timbre is good despite the sibilance. If anything at least the detachable cable is decent on it's own.

Jan 14, 2022 at 2:23 AM Post #61,415 of 99,737
New Final Audio bullet shaped budget set soon to be available:
Called the Study 1

https://final-inc.com/products/study1-jp

Capture2.PNG

Capture4.PNG

Is 2980 Yen, which is about $26 USD. Comes with Final E white tips.

Apparently this IEM marketed for students. Like do students need a particular graph/sound signature haha? However, the specs suggest an amp is needed (low sensitivity), I am doubtful most students own an amp.

Capture3.PNG

STUDY HARD STUDENTS!!! Don't get distracted by the gear music but focus on studying!!!

Jan 14, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #61,416 of 99,737
Called the Study 1

Capture2.PNG
Capture4.PNG

Apparently this IEM marketed for students. Like do students need a particular graph/sound signature haha? However, the specs suggest an amp is needed (low sensitivity), I am doubtful most students own an amp.

Capture3.PNG

STUDY HARD STUDENTS!!! Don't get distracted by the gear music but focus on studying!!!
pass.. tried final e3k and the noodle thin cable put me off (and its hard to drive also) 😅

Jan 14, 2022 at 2:30 AM Post #61,417 of 99,737
pass.. tried final e3k and the noodle thin cable put me off (and its hard to drive also) 😅

Noodle thin cable aside (I agree), I don't think most students are interested to buy an additional amp (which is probably more expensive than this IEM itself) just to power it sufficiently.

Unless they are audiophile students like our dear @RikudouGoku haha

The E5000 is another super demanding IEM, that makes it quite of non-portable, since a desktop amp is most likely needed (perhaps there are exceptions like some powerhouse devices like apogee groove).

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #61,418 of 99,737
Noodle thin cable aside (I agree), I don't think most students are interested to buy an additional amp (which is probably more expensive than this IEM itself) just to power it sufficiently.

I'm not sure if I'm underestimating 'students' here but provided they get enough volume are they likely to know they need an amp for this to scale? It looks like it's aimed towards young teenagers...I don't like to make sweeping generalisations but I'm inclined to say they will be more concerned with earphone aesthetics and the latest social media trends.

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #61,419 of 99,737
I'm not sure if I'm underestimating 'students' here but provided they get enough volume are they likely to know they need an amp for this to scale? It looks like it's aimed towards young teenagers...I don't like to make sweeping generalisations but I'm inclined to say they will be more concerned with earphone aesthetics and the latest social media trends.

Interestingly Final Audio claims that this Study 1 IEM lets students score higher marks LOL!

Capture5.PNG

Capture7.PNG

Hmm maybe we should get a set to see if this IEM can let audiophiles differentiate 320 mp3 from FLAC files in a blind A/B test!

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #61,420 of 99,737
Called the Study 1

Really interesting thing they're going for - with Google Translate it seems like the earphones are less about listening to music and more for emphasizing voices to help understand conversations in an educational setting (including learning to speak English) so... (upper) mids boost I guess?

Jan 14, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #61,421 of 99,737
Interestingly Final Audio claims that this Study 1 IEM lets students score higher marks LOL!

Hmm maybe we should get a set to see if this IEM can let audiophiles differentiate 320 mp3 from FLAC files in a blind A/B test!
Yoooooooo!! Yeah forget about listening to music, with these earphones I can better make out what my profs on Zoom calls with staticky mics are saying so I don't have to waste time rewatching the lecture recordings over and over, and can focus on handing in my assignments on time to get those A+'s :)

Jan 14, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #61,422 of 99,737
Called the Study 1

Capture2.PNG
Capture4.PNG

Capture3.PNG

or.. we could just.. EQ the mids? :sweat_smile:

Jan 14, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #61,423 of 99,737
Called the Study 1

Capture2.PNG
Capture4.PNG

Capture3.PNG

E500 but turquoise :)

Jan 14, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #61,424 of 99,737
Anyone try Ikko's new range of "earphone stands" yet?

Ikko.jpg

Somehow I fail to see how they would excel at keeping earphones in place... but perhaps further investigation would reveal the truth.

Jan 14, 2022 at 9:32 AM Post #61,425 of 99,737
Called the Study 1

Capture2.PNG
Capture4.PNG

Capture3.PNG

Did they study up on how to have decent QC? :joy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back