The discovery thread!
May 11, 2020 at 4:11 PM Post #47,191 of 100,081
How I hear it the Earbridge driver is used in the Tape. Earbridge magnetostat has been around for quite a while and they license it to others if I was informed correctly.

Yes, according to their indiegogo page they licensed it to Shuoer, Noble Audio and others, and they hold the patents.

Screenshot_2020-05-11-22-09-23-731_com.android.chrome.jpg

May 11, 2020 at 5:15 PM Post #47,192 of 100,081
I finished my in-depth written review about the DX160 DAP from iBasso! This one is a good catch, compared it with M11, which was the current best buy in the price range, and happily, it looks like iBasso is filling the gaps, with products that are really worth the price. I'm especially enthusiastic about the sound, but the ergonomics and display quality are both top notch too!

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2020/05/majestic-express-ibasso-dx160-dap-review.html

iBasso-DX160-MQA-Tidal-Streaming-DAP-Player-Audiophile-Heaven-Review-16.jpg

May 11, 2020 at 5:26 PM Post #47,193 of 100,081
https://www.linsoul.com/products/shuoer-soloist

Another in the latest round of $150 - $200 single dynamics @$160. Liquid silicone kevlar driver quoted as "the first used in HiFi earphones." Here to fight with the D10's of the world. :)

Next Chi-fi driver candidate: vibranium ceramic coated nano-Particle adamantium moving coils with triple cavity 1.95 flux rating.

Shouer Tape advertised to have low voltage electrostatic driver when in fact it was off the shelf magnetostatic driver by Earbridge.

So basically Liquid (Silicone Kevlar) Driver means Liquid (Crystal Polymer) Driver worded differently to stand out from the rest.

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 8:52 PM Post #47,194 of 100,081
or the driver could use a silicon surround similar to the ibasso SR1 maybe?

May 11, 2020 at 9:11 PM Post #47,195 of 100,081
So this is how I spent my stimulus. DSC07118.JPG

Not so much the Luna but the player. Shanling M6 pro. Sounds damn nice out of the box.
DSC07116.JPG
My Shanling trifecta. Size does matter. A pair of AK4497 chips with 8 Op amps. M6 pro next to the M5s and the M3s. Just got this bad boy. Needless to say it is the best sounding Shanling player I have ever heard and not by a little either.

So I got the NF audio NM2 on the way. Will let you all know how it be.

Last edited:
May 11, 2020 at 9:16 PM Post #47,197 of 100,081
How I hear it the Earbridge driver is used in the Tape. Earbridge magnetostat has been around for quite a while and they license it to others if I was informed correctly.
Yes you were , earbridge is the maker of magnetostatic driver , they licensed it to other companies to use

May 11, 2020 at 9:42 PM Post #47,198 of 100,081
So this is how I spent my stimulus. DSC07118.JPG

Not so much the Luna but the player. Shanling M6 pro. Sounds damn nice out of the box.
DSC07116.JPG
My Shanling trifecta. Size does matter. A pair of AK4497 chips with 8 Op amps. M6 pro next to the M5s and the M3s. Just got this bad boy. Needless to say it is the best sounding Shanling player I have ever heard and not by a little either.

So I got the NF audio NM2 on the way. Will let you all know how it be.

I was just asking about best sounding DAP, with a 2.5mm jack - and @majo123 said that the Shanling M6 Pro was getting some good reviews / recommendations.
Need something to replace my Onkyo DP-X1 (it's got a dead battery).
Where did you order your M6 Pro?

May 11, 2020 at 9:58 PM Post #47,200 of 100,081
I was just asking about best sounding DAP, with a 2.5mm jack - and @majo123 said that the Shanling M6 Pro was getting some good reviews / recommendations.
Need something to replace my Onkyo DP-X1 (it's got a dead battery).
Where did you order your M6 Pro?
www.musicteck.com I bought all my Shanlings from them actually.
It does look very nice ... green with envy.
Sound has opened up within the last hour or so of playing with it. It is almost the same size as the Fiio M15 but lighter and since I got a case with it. IT will actually be portable. No way I am carrying around my M15. These are gonna give them fandangled AK players some competition me thinks.

May 11, 2020 at 11:27 PM Post #47,201 of 100,081
Sound has opened up within the last hour or so of playing with it. It is almost the same size as the Fiio M15 but lighter and since I got a case with it. IT will actually be portable. No way I am carrying around my M15. These are gonna give them fandangled AK players some competition me thinks.
How would you compare it with the DX160?

May 12, 2020 at 12:54 AM Post #47,202 of 100,081
Too early to say but it is playing on a similar level to my Fiio M15 more so than the DX160. I think for the money the DX160s are hard to beat for sheer sonics but Shanling M6 pro is playing at a different level. It has the widest stage of any of the Shanling players I own that is for certain. It seems to be tuned a bit more like the Shanling M3s more so than the M5s which is not a bad thing. Just supremely refined. Very silent background. Spacious, fluid, smooth, dynamic, tonality is spot on. The more I was listening to it I can hear the sonics expanding within a matter of an hour.

I am a firm believer of hardware burn in especially when there are 8 op amps involved. So it will be interesting to see how good this will get. Playing music for a good part of a week should do the trick. I will post some thoughts once I get used to the player. Will test out a few things and see how it is. I just got a google play add on from Shanling. Will have to try that. Love having this level of sonics on the go.

May 12, 2020 at 2:55 AM Post #47,203 of 100,081
Too early to say but it is playing on a similar level to my Fiio M15 more so than the DX160. I think for the money the DX160s are hard to beat for sheer sonics but Shanling M6 pro is playing at a different level. It has the widest stage of any of the Shanling players I own that is for certain. It seems to be tuned a bit more like the Shanling M3s more so than the M5s which is not a bad thing. Just supremely refined. Very silent background. Spacious, fluid, smooth, dynamic, tonality is spot on. The more I was listening to it I can hear the sonics expanding within a matter of an hour.

I am a firm believer of hardware burn in especially when there are 8 op amps involved. So it will be interesting to see how good this will get. Playing music for a good part of a week should do the trick. I will post some thoughts once I get used to the player. Will test out a few things and see how it is. I just got a google play add on from Shanling. Will have to try that. Love having this level of sonics on the go.
Will be keeping eye out for your future thoughts.

May 12, 2020 at 5:28 AM Post #47,205 of 100,081

Did the case also come from Musicteck?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back