The discovery thread!
Sep 30, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #44,161 of 100,723
It looks as if Zorloo is back with a USB C dongle, Ztella, that looks very interesting:

https://www.newswire.com/news/zorlo...rated-usb-dac-cable-with-mqa-support-20949089

Ztella now supports High
Definition Audio up to 384kHz 32-bit for PCM and 5.6MHz 1-bit for DSD
format. The MQA version is also the smallest USB-DAC that includes MQA
Renderer technology.

This uses one of ESS' new codec DACs. There are plenty of codec DACs that work fine, but they've been stigmatized in the audiophile world for various (often unfounded) reasons.

http://www.esstech.com/index.php/en...e-usb-codecs-featuring-audiophile-sabre-dacs/

Sep 30, 2019 at 11:08 AM Post #44,162 of 100,723
My reviews on the Akoustyx R210 & Akoustyx R220. For those who do not know, Akoustyx is a relatively new IEM brand based in San Jose, California with their assembly in Nashville, Tennessee. Small shells, low driver count & big sound. Really impressive stuffs. Enjoy! :)

Sep 30, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #44,163 of 100,723
(Apologies to @FastAndClean , yours was the 1st image that I found)

Just a personal preference thing or OCD. The nakedness of the two protruding connectors bugs me; but its nothing that a little heat shrink tubing can't address.

In a related matter: It's a real pain, to have to always remember to put on some clothes, before taking a pic of a highly reflective shell :ksc75smile:
no need to apologise Z

Sep 30, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #44,164 of 100,723
Just wait and see. I have no problem at all with the stock cable on the Blon. It curves nicely and comfortably around my ear. The shell body nestles into the concha area for a stable fit... using Symbio Peel tips. No need for deep tip insertion, in my case.

I think that's what I am going to do, wait and see. Besides, it's currently Chinese holidays for the whole week, starting today. So, even if I were to order something from Aliexpress - NiceHCK, it would probably not be sent until a week later.

Really hope that the standard cable will fit me just fine, as it did for you. So that I can avoid spending even more cash on this hobby. These amounts aren't huge, but they do start to add up. :p

Sep 30, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #44,165 of 100,723
I'm pretty amazed, just did some listening with some of the older low-budget ChiFi sets that I have laying around in a box ( various KZ models amongst other things )
In the same box, I had a pair of AKG's that came with my Samsung S8, which have had a trip in the washer, and I thought that I had thrown them away on an earlier occasion.

To my suprise, after the washer upgrade, they outperform my Whizzer Kylin on certain areas, with a good margine, even though they have their flaws.

Vocals are great, treble is extended pretty well, clarity is better than my Kylin, soundstage is the widest I've ever heard in an IEM, though it lacks some height, and bass is very controlled - and a big step up in quality compared to my Kylin.
Imaging are top notch, and on pair with my Toneking T88k.

Flaws are that the mids maybe lack a bit of warmth to them ( personal taste ), vocals are somewhat recessed, there's some sibilance, vocals are shouty / bright at times with some recordings, and percussion / cymbals etc can be way too bright and not enjoyable at all.

These are by no means perfect in any way, but with the correct songs they are extremely enjoyable.

I'm going to try some foams with these when I have the chance, this was a quite interesting experience.

Oct 1, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #44,169 of 100,723
This is NOT a discovery,

I agree on this point... many posts in here are not discoveries although I hope it is ok to occasionally indulge in a bit of camaraderie.

The other two threads in question I can actually see a need to post to both but maybe not with the exact same post. He could taylor some thoughts to that specific thread... maybe even quote someone who asked about the item.

As for you... I have to say thanks for your review on the Peacock P1. We watched it last night on the big TV. Earlier that day I acquired a Peacock... ie someone here ordered too much stuff and I will benefit from this one:) After a short time with it.. and realizing this a a really good fit for me... ergonomically and soundwise I looked for your review. For some reason I was sure you would hate it. Happy that you didn't. Now.... off to load some Robert Palmer and Neil Young on to one of my DAPs.

Oct 1, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #44,170 of 100,723
I agree on this point... many posts in here are not discoveries although I hope it is ok to occasionally indulge in a bit of camaraderie.

The other two threads in question I can actually see a need to post to both but maybe not with the exact same post. He could taylor some thoughts to that specific thread... maybe even quote someone who asked about the item.

As for you... I have to say thanks for your review on the Peacock P1. We watched it last night on the big TV. Earlier that day I acquired a Peacock... ie someone here ordered too much stuff and I will benefit from this one:) After a short time with it.. and realizing this a a really good fit for me... ergonomically and soundwise I looked for your review. For some reason I was sure you would hate it. Happy that you didn't. Now.... off to load some Robert Palmer and Neil Young on to one of my DAPs.

Those are gorgeous. Absolutely stunning in hand. That shell hand craft is awesome. Robert Palmer can sing. Hey Hey julia, Sailin Shoes, Sneakin Sally through the Alley is such a 3 part jam. The micro details and the bassist puttin in work in the final track just blow my brainz. O.C.D bits all over the place.

Oct 1, 2019 at 7:24 AM Post #44,171 of 100,723
Those are gorgeous. Absolutely stunning in hand. That shell hand craft is awesome. Robert Palmer can sing. Hey Hey julia, Sailin Shoes, Sneakin Sally through the Alley is such a 3 part jam. The micro details and the bassist puttin in work in the final track just blow my brainz. O.C.D bits all over the place.

Mine is color 04 Mystery.. very hard to photograph. It is the darkest and most subtle of the color choices.

Edit...replaced photo with a slightly better one.

R0015529.JPG

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #44,172 of 100,723
Mine is color 04 Mystery.. very hard to photograph. It is the darkest and most subtle of the color choices.

Haha... I just zoomed in and saw that not only is the window reflected... I can actually see the blinds.

10360928.jpg

Nice. I got the yellow hippie ones.
I let 95% of what I get go via trades,Patreon but my flower child hippie P1's will never leave me. That is as big an endorsement as i can give. Fun sound, gorgeous shells.

Oct 1, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #44,173 of 100,723
Nice. I got the yellow hippie ones.
I let 95% of what I get go via trades,Patreon but my flower child hippie P1's will never leave me. That is as big an endorsement as i can give. Fun sound, gorgeous shells.
I'm not sure that actually means a lot.... I just ordered a red pair of IEMs yesterday just because my favorite color is blue, but I have so many pairs of blue IEMs I thought it'll be nice to have some variety. Or at least they'll be easy to pick out of my drawer....

Anyway, any thoughts on that Shuoer Tape you got yet? It's starting to hit Ali sellers at around $130 US... It's very tempting to just blind buy at that price, but as it's national day, I'm not sure much will ship out of China this week....

Oct 2, 2019 at 5:55 AM Post #44,174 of 100,723
I'm not sure that actually means a lot.... I just ordered a red pair of IEMs yesterday just because my favorite color is blue, but I have so many pairs of blue IEMs I thought it'll be nice to have some variety. Or at least they'll be easy to pick out of my drawer....

Anyway, any thoughts on that Shuoer Tape you got yet? It's starting to hit Ali sellers at around $130 US... It's very tempting to just blind buy at that price, but as it's national day, I'm not sure much will ship out of China this week....
+1 I am patiently waiting for HBB's review of the Shuoer TAPE. They are my current favourite.

Oct 2, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #44,175 of 100,723
I am patiently waiting for @Hawaiibadboy review and comparison of kimono microthin xl vs durex xxl vs magnum xl. Chris, hurry up, I need to figure out which one to get :D... for my IT04, not interested in that bareback CIEM nonsense, universal with rubber tips is the way to go...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back