The discovery thread!
Dec 2, 2018 at 10:29 AM Post #40,336 of 100,524
If you like how they sound now. Wait till you get your newer cables. I have yet to hear a cable that makes the M6 sound worse. They all make it sound better and I have tried 5 different cables on it.

As per the M6 being copies. They are copies made by the same folks that made the DMGs. I was told they are all made by the same OEM. Of course Jim told me this and supposedly this OEM also makes KZ products among numerous others.

Can't verify if the components are the same or different on the M6 vs the DMGs but to my ears owning both. There is little difference between the two earphones. Everything about the sound is identical if anything I actually prefer the M6 due to better clarity in the treble.

Well, I want to unmark the issue of whether they are copies or not. I only have the M6 and I just want to talk about its sound and how to improve it, hence my interest in your comments about cables and filters. Thanks for your clarification. And on its sound, honestly speaking, I can say that it is possibly the IEM that best suits my favorite profile of all those I have or have had, which are not few.

So I'll wait to receive the new cable and test if it improves its sound :ok_hand:

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #40,337 of 100,524
Wonder a bit about not hearing first impressions concerning the content of the Super Fukubukuro bags yet. Nobody received theirs meanwhile?

Dec 2, 2018 at 11:14 AM Post #40,339 of 100,524
If you like how they sound now. Wait till you get your newer cables. I have yet to hear a cable that makes the M6 sound worse. They all make it sound better and I have tried 5 different cables on it.

As per the M6 being copies. They are copies made by the same folks that made the DMGs. I was told they are all made by the same OEM. Of course Jim told me this and supposedly this OEM also makes KZ products among numerous others.

Can't verify if the components are the same or different on the M6 vs the DMGs but to my ears owning both. There is little difference between the two earphones. Everything about the sound is identical if anything I actually prefer the M6 due to better clarity in the treble.

At this point of time, i am just trying to gather and share BGVP's side of the story . In no way I can 100% be sure that BGVP's gary or NICEHCK's jim is correct. We as the consumers just have to decide with our ears.

I just asked him and Gary said if this OEM really make BGVP, please ask them to show some prove or contract that they are infact making BGVP.

He also did say that there should be a difference because of the difference in the drivers used ( one is using knowles custom-made driver while one is using local chinese made driver), He highly recommend someone to do a teardown comparison.

Dec 2, 2018 at 11:24 AM Post #40,340 of 100,524
I bet he is right. All I know is I am one of a few people if any that actually has both. I am selling off one of them and it isn't the M6 I can tell you that much.

For some odd reason. I did some cable rolling on the DMGs as well and while I heard improvements on those. It wasn't as drastic as it is on the M6. hmm.

But then again I do believe they are from the same factory. Half the set of tips are exactly the same as what is on the DMGs and the cable design is one n the same as well. My point is if they were a completely different group coping the DMGs. Why would you bother getting the same foams and tips and even the cables.

I know the Chinese copy like no other but there is really no point to putting in the same stuff is my point. Especially that foam tip I like a lot. Those are in both packages. I have never seen that same foam tip on anything else.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 12:21 PM Post #40,341 of 100,524
Wonder a bit about not hearing first impressions concerning the content of the Super Fukubukuro bags yet. Nobody received theirs meanwhile?

Ya. Whatever happened to those? Supposedly a Multi BA iem and dap right? Anybody receive theirs yet?

whats inside
DtUTD98VsAAZrZe.jpg DtUTE0tV4AAiyKo.jpg

Dec 2, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #40,342 of 100,524
I bet he is right. All I know is I am one of a few people if any that actually has both. I am selling off one of them and it isn't the M6 I can tell you that much.

For some odd reason. I did some cable rolling on the DMGs as well and while I heard improvements on those. It wasn't as drastic as it is on the M6. hmm.

But then again I do believe they are from the same factory. Half the set of tips are exactly the same as what is on the DMGs and the cable design is one n the same as well. My point is if they were a completely different group coping the DMGs. Why would you bother getting the same foams and tips and even the cables.

I know the Chinese copy like no other but there is really no point to putting in the same stuff is my point. Especially that foam tip I like a lot. Those are in both packages. I have never seen that same foam tip on anything else.
Tips are the same for a lot of IEMs though. Same as cables... I'm convinced there are like 2-3 factories in shenzhen making about 90% of all Chi-fi items.

Dec 2, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #40,343 of 100,524
Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 1:14 PM Post #40,344 of 100,524
My M6 have the same looking 3D printed guides at least looking through the nozzle opening just like shown in b9scrambler's review.

10171257_thumb.jpg

Next, Hi-Res certification is nothing more than the headphone can produce 40khz...but at what level? Hi-res audio certification is a marketing program, just an extra cost consumers pay for. I get it that companies try to stand out from the crowd, I don't care to pay extra for it. If it is an extra cost for the brand, it is surely passed on to the consumer.

Finally, I wish people would stop promoting tuning via cables...with the exception of drastic impedance changes > milliohm changes (like this that will roll off treble due the low pass filter function). Tips and filters yes, cables no. I know this is beating a dead horse and probably will not prevent anyone from buying un-needed cables, because the power of suggestion is strong.

It sucks to have to have your sales diluted I feel for BGVP, I bought the M6 thinking BGVP built it for them, I didn't realize BGVP wasn't an OEM. IF I would have had a crystal ball and knew the DMG was going to go on sale, I would have waited and bought it instead.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #40,345 of 100,524
We might have another "seller that shall not be named" pretty soon. :smile:

Why would KZ not have been banned for copying Campfire if we are using that for the standard? Using the same shell has been done 1000 times and I never heard anyone at NiceHCK claim they were made for them by BGVP so unless I missed it, this was more conjecture than being misled by the vendor as was the case in the banned seller.

Dec 2, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #40,346 of 100,524
^Just laugh at the joke and move on. The Chinese brands do all sorts of stuff so just laugh at it.

Dec 2, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #40,347 of 100,524
Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 3:19 PM Post #40,349 of 100,524
As to the m6: it looks different from the dmg and has a different interior. It is a completely different earphone. What's the problem? NiceHCK have never claimed their m6 is identical to the dmg and any similarities between them are based entirely on OUR speculation. Insofar don't I understand the letter from BGVP either.

UPDATE: in their letter, BGVP claim the XXXX (why XX-ed out, is the brand banned here?) is a REcopy of their product. A brilliant statement! I wonder where BGVP had copied their version from. And I am sure somebody will find it :).

recopy.jpg

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 3:20 PM Post #40,350 of 100,524
For DM6 owners who are interested in treble filters :)
(measurement and comparison with Tinaudio T2 included)

Today I was playing with some filters for DM6. Settled on a rolled piece of alcohol swab in the nozzle for now.
Uncalibrated masurements included, to my surprise they are pretty close to ones from crinacle..

red - stock, light blue - with filter
Customizing treble is really simple with these alcohol swabs, just try different lengths and see which suits you the best.
I used a strip which is slightly longer than 3,5mm jack as you can see in the picture above (lazy to measure its length).

Treble is now cleaner and less distracting, however I see how someone would prefer stock treble, but I´m kinda treble sensitive.

comparison with T2 if anyone is interested..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back