The discovery thread!
Nov 2, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #38,956 of 100,048
Concerning the BGVP DMG, fark that's not easy to remember (special effort for the search option), the idea that the extra tips don't add much and don't hold neatly MAKES ME WORRY. What if the seal gets dmged? The DM6 is tempting but it might be the critical hype period when the first few have a neat glance, only to be followed up by other comparisons...

I have cold feet from moving away or across my IT01 which I adore so much because its only flaw is not having the wiest soundstage compared to my KZ ZS5. KZ ZS6 seems like the most reasonable buy for a nice soundstage and nice build wihout much risk involved (enjoying the KS5 for commute).

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #38,960 of 100,048

Gonna be trouble .. poorrn

upload_2018-11-2_21-17-48.jpeg

Nov 2, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #38,961 of 100,048
thank you so much for this awaited review! congrats for it, it's a great review. i've enjoyed it a lot; it clarifies most of the questions i had.
hope T88k warmer timbre in all frequencies, doesn't sound like audbos p4 (felt them a bit cavernous with some vocals, too warm overall). well, i'm pretty sure t88k has got the right amount of warmth/fullness, after reading your review.
The T88k is a warm sounding own, but has great bones (8 high quality BA) and is very eq capable. I love it's tonality, but some time do use a slight upper as with my es100. They are very source dependant, as well as tip dependant, so they're easily tweakable to flesh out more mid or upper frequencies.

Nov 2, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #38,962 of 100,048
ok, thanks. just to clarify, when i mean warm, i mean thick, bodied, long decay. together with bassy tonality, it can turn into cavernous.
we can eq to alter tonality, but it ain't so easy to alter thickness, attack and decay.
so let me to correct the question: did you find t88k so thick than audbos p4? (sorry, i'd had to use this formula before..)
I know what you're saying, and they aren't cavernous at all. It's like being at a live show, where the bass thumps and sounds huge, but still very natural.

Nov 3, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #38,964 of 100,048
So, I wanted to put in a few days of listening before posting my impressions of the ToneKing T4 earphones.
This is my first all BA earphone and I must say I am very impressed.
The only other earphone I have that is worthy of a similar price comparison is my LZ A4, so I will compare the two here..
The T4 have a neutral signature with a slight emphasis in higher treble.

The T4 has nice big soundstage that is wider and deeper than my LZ A4..
I was in love with the LZA4's sound stage but the T4 brings a whole other WOW factor level.
I am amazed by the 3D holographic stage I get on the T4.

Bass reaches deep (***with a good seal*** I prefer Comply Audio Pro Tips) and is very quick and tight clean and clear.
I was able to faintly hear test tones as low as 20hz but it's deepest "Sub-bass" note seems to start around 30hz to 50hz)
I would say 36hz sub-bass being the strongest but not higher in quantity than bass starting at 60hz on up...
I was surprised by this because so often people say that BAs are a bit bass shy.. I can say they kept up with my LZ A4....Even with no back filters on the A4 the T4 still kept up just fine.. Although I would say the A4 is more mid bass heavy then the T4.

For the the Mid-Bass on the T4 is just the right amount without being muddy or unnatural sounding. again: as long as you have a perfect seal, the T4 will provide a good "natural punch" nothing is too hyped or lacking here.

Mids (upper and lower) sound beautiful on male and female vocals.
Snares have a very nice "crack" to them. The T4 have very natural mid range as it should.
The T4 are far superior in quantity, quality and detail in the mid-range (especially in the 400hz to 1khz area) when compared to my LZ A4.

Treble is very accurate and has a nice sizzle to it without being sibilant or fatiguing.
And again, the treble here is far superior in quantity, quality and detail when compared to my LZ A4.
As I said; the T4 is slightly boosted in the treble (somewhere in 8khz to 10khz region).
To my ears, high-hats and cymbals sound just right, no digital or artificial sizzle to them.
You hear the treble as it is intended, nothing seems to add or subtract.
I played my most "sibilant" tracks and ran into no issues with sibilance in the T4, so Toneking some how figured out how to have a very clear crisp detailed treble without the sibilance.
I just may become a treble-head, because the detail and clarity is just fantastic to my ears.

Build Quality is a very nice solid acrylic resin type.
Fit is good but not perfect to my ears...I find myself having to adjust them to just the right angle or I get some "hot spots" in my right ear...
With that said; you will want to use one size down from your normal eartip size due to the nozzles being slightly larger towards the base of the nozzle. Once I understood this I was able to ware them for hours at a time with minimal adjustments.

The blue & black braided cable is very attractive and fairly soft, although I would have liked the cable a bit more if it were just a little thicker, but overall; it is still a nice cable.
And again, I really like the way it looks.

Overall, I am very satisfied
If my T4 were lost or stolen I would definitely buy them again.
A very good buy that seems to punch quite far above it's price.

Thanks so much to @thejoker13 for all his help and time with me.
You were right! these are absolutely wonderful! I am so happy with them. :)

I would also like to add that the "ToneKing Audio Store" (where I purchased my T4 ) was wonderful to deal with.
They answered all my questions, and were always very courteous and professional.

PB035590.JPG PB035591.JPG

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 9:30 AM Post #38,965 of 100,048
Hi users of Tenhz P4 Pro and DMG/DM6, I was looking through earlier threads and still find it hard to decide on which to pick.

I have a daily driver I'm happy with, dual BA Earwerkz Supra, but I am looking for a detailed, balanced backup to replace the backup role my Mee Pinnacle PX used to play (sold off now). At first, I was looking at the Tin T2 Pro, relatively neutral, detailed and DD too, but I realised that the multi BA chi-fi market has gotten really competitive.

I enjoy both neutral and v-shape earphones, what matters to me is frequency extension and tonal accuracy (e.g. violins sound like violins) because I listen to anything from EDM to classical orchestral works to vocals. Past IEMs I've liked include the B100, B400 (if it had a bit more extended treble), KZ ZS3/ATR/ED16 aka ZS7, IT01, ATH-E40, Mee Pinnacle PX/P1 and for headphones, HD600/HD650/DT880.

Should I jump on the P4 Pro on Massdrop for 80USD and deal with the slightly weak bass extension/higher than average distortion, or should I go for the DMG/DM6 or other models? I have been quite out of touch since my KZ days :) I would like the budget to be USD100 max as it is a meant as a beater/backup like my PX previously.

So far the main post I'm basing my thoughts on is: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2561#post-14542075

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2018 at 10:24 AM Post #38,966 of 100,048
Hi users of Tenhz P4 Pro and DMG/DM6, I was looking through earlier threads and still find it hard to decide on which to pick.

I have a daily driver I'm happy with, dual BA Earwerkz Supra, but I am looking for a detailed, balanced backup to replace the backup role my Mee Pinnacle PX used to play (sold off now). At first, I was looking at the Tin T2 Pro, relatively neutral, detailed and DD too, but I realised that the multi BA chi-fi market has gotten really competitive.

I enjoy both neutral and v-shape earphones, what matters to me is frequency extension and tonal accuracy (e.g. violins sound like violins) because I listen to anything from EDM to classical orchestral works to vocals. Past IEMs I've liked include the B100, B400 (if it had a bit more extended treble), KZ ZS3/ATR/ED16 aka ZS7, IT01, ATH-E40, Mee Pinnacle PX/P1 and for headphones, HD600/HD650/DT880.

Should I jump on the P4 Pro on Massdrop for 80USD and deal with the slightly weak bass extension/higher than average distortion, or should I go for the DMG/DM6 or other models? I have been quite out of touch since my KZ days :) I would like the budget to be USD100 max as it is a meant as a beater/backup like my PX previously.

So far the main post I'm basing my thoughts on is: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the...essions-pg2507.586909/page-2561#post-14542075
Doesn't your USD100 max budget exclude the DMG/DM6, leaving only the P4 Pro from your suggestions?

Nov 3, 2018 at 3:09 PM Post #38,969 of 100,048
If especially the DMG is significantly better, I can consider waiting for a price drop or saving more for it. Thanks!
Not sure if this helps you, but I have both the DMG and the DM6 my advice would be to go for the DM6.

They both fit into the "great bang for the bucks" category, the DM6 is the technically better iem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back