The discovery thread!
Nov 2, 2018 at 5:23 AM Post #38,926 of 101,575
Any of you guys heard or own the NiceHK SD7 Hybrid or the SD7 Plus? I'm scouring the net trying to find reviews without much luck. One of these two will possibly be my next iem purchase; I've set a $150 limit on myself, lol.

Any other multi ba or multi driver hybrids you'd recommend over these at this price point? I'll be taking advantage of the 11:11 sale on Ali as well.

Nov 2, 2018 at 6:41 AM Post #38,927 of 101,575
And what about this schiit
NF%20AUDIODJ%2024-700x700.jpg

NF AUDIO JD24 2 Electrostatic Tweeters + 4 Balanced Armature Hybrid HIFI in-ear Monitor Earphones

Description

• Very futuristic sonion composite dual electrostatic driver
  • Built-in electrostatic transformer, no need for independent amp
  • Classic sonion+knowles 4 balanced armature
  • Low, medium, medium-high, ultra-high, 4 frequency design
  • Unprecedented bandwidth and resolution, Extend up to 80khz
  • Unimagined transient performance
Specification

• Driver: 2 electrostatic tweeters + 4 balanced armature
  • Frequency division: low, medium, medium-high, ultra-high four crossovers
  • Frequency range:8-80khz
  • Sensitivity:104dB
  • Imdepandce:21Ω
  • Distortion:<0.5%
  • Sound insulation:25dB
They finally released it, although I hoped for a $500-600 price tag not this close to 2k

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...11debRnpnVx&id=576534466758&qq-pf-to=pcqq.c2c those?

Nov 2, 2018 at 6:48 AM Post #38,928 of 101,575
@bogginhead don't know about the "NichHCK" SD7 Hybrid/SD7 plus. But @Dsnuts has both "a" SD7 Hybrid and a SD7 plus, and I have a Rhytmos SD7 (all white, SD7 written on it), not purchased from NiceHCK but from the seller that can't be mentioned. Mine is a good IEM, I like it. Dsnuts had some comparative impressions in this thread about them (assuming that's what you're speaking of, ofc :)), if you search for "SD7"

Nov 2, 2018 at 7:19 AM Post #38,929 of 101,575
Any of you guys heard or own the NiceHK SD7 Hybrid or the SD7 Plus? I'm scouring the net trying to find reviews without much luck. One of these two will possibly be my next iem purchase; I've set a $150 limit on myself, lol.

Any other multi ba or multi driver hybrids you'd recommend over these at this price point? I'll be taking advantage of the 11:11 sale on Ali as well.
If it's rhythmos sd7, then the only thing I felt missing was wide sound stage. It does not have a wide sound stage. It does have a boost in the low end.
so if you looking for a more linear or reference tuning, then it might not suit you.
There is no sibilance or piercing highs.
Otherwise they are really good. I like the tuning as well.
The all ba version has a really good 3D feel when you listen in balanced mode.
In fact the all ba version has a slightly more punchy and quicker bass compared to hybrid one.
These are just my impressions.
If you are okay with good amount of sub bass then hifiboy os v3 is also a really good one. Os v3 does sounds more open compared to sd7. It's 159$ on penon I believe. Don't remember exactly how much it was.

Sd7 and sd7+ I have is from last year so not sure if there are changes to tuning or not.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #38,931 of 101,575
as a test of character i was planning on sitting out 11.11, but the following are sorta tempting me:
audbos p4
toneking 9tail
bgvp dmg or dm6
any opinions as to whether any of the foregoing are an evolutionary leap over the it01, hk6 or b5+??

Nov 2, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #38,932 of 101,575
as a test of character i was planning on sitting out 11.11, but the following are sorta tempting me:
audbos p4
toneking 9tail
bgvp dmg or dm6
any opinions as to whether any of the foregoing are an evolutionary leap over the it01, hk6 or b5+??
I owned the 9T, B5+, HK6 and have the Audbos P4.
The 9T is definitely a good IEM, natural sounding, clearity is good. Some minor to mid coloration in the mids to highs made me selling this again.

But I will probably keep the P4 a long time.
It goes more direction HK6 but doesn't have the mid bass bump but quite a linear bass from sub to mid bass. Both are not neutral but a few dB beyond. (No way basshead level) It is little bolder sounding compared to the HK6, lusher, a little warmer but so detailed and non fatiguing. The HK6 is good I think, even considering the mid bass bump but the P4 is more linear and the better and complete offering in terms of sound quality imo.
This sound for 80 something USD is a deal. No doubt. There is a good review of the P4 here at head.fi which I can recommend.

EDIT: I have to add that the Audbos P4 sounds very different to me than the brother Tenhz P4 Pro in terms of neutrality. They are not comparable. I think this is important to know. The Tenhz is noticable leaner, neutral or south of neutral.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #38,933 of 101,575
Nov 2, 2018 at 9:05 AM Post #38,935 of 101,575
Here is my attempt at spreading some awareness on a truly special iem. I hope I was able to do them justice.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/toneking-t88k.23402/reviews

thank you so much for this awaited review! congrats for it, it's a great review. i've enjoyed it a lot; it clarifies most of the questions i had.
hope T88k warmer timbre in all frequencies, doesn't sound like audbos p4 (felt them a bit cavernous with some vocals, too warm overall). well, i'm pretty sure t88k has got the right amount of warmth/fullness, after reading your review.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #38,937 of 101,575
I owned the 9T, B5+, HK6 and have the Audbos P4.
The 9T is definitely a good IEM, natural sounding, clearity is good. Some minor to mid coloration in the mids to highs made me selling this again.

But I will probably keep the P4 a long time.
It goes more direction HK6 but doesn't have the mid bass bump but quite a linear bass from sub to mid bass. Both are not neutral but a few dB beyond. (No way basshead level) It is little bolder sounding compared to the HK6, lusher, a little warmer but so detailed and non fatiguing. The HK6 is good I think, even considering the mid bass bump but the P4 is more linear and the better and complete offering in terms of sound quality imo.
This sound for 80 something USD is a deal. No doubt. There is a good review of the P4 here at head.fi which I can recommend.

EDIT: I have to add that the Audbos P4 sounds very different to me than the brother Tenhz P4 Pro in terms of neutrality. They are not comparable. I think this is important to know. The Tenhz is noticable leaner, neutral or south of neutral.
i've found audbos p4 fatiguing due to its boldness and warmth. did you find toneking t88k so warm than audbos p4?
maybe mid bass hump in audbos p4 contributed to bore me, while t88k hump is in sub-bass, more distant to vocals?

Nov 2, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #38,938 of 101,575
So wait, I've been looking at the t88k, but was a bit put off after bad guy good audios top 5 opinions that really the bgvp dm6 is better and the t88k is just more expensive.
Do we know which version he was reviewing? How does the bgvp DM6 compare direct to t88k? Basically I'm looking for a much cheaper replacement of my Andromedas, because I think we're to the point where a $200-400 Chinese iem can legitimately stand in for the TOTL Andromeda.

Nov 2, 2018 at 10:25 AM Post #38,939 of 101,575
i've found audbos p4 fatiguing due to its boldness and warmth. did you find toneking t88k so warm than audbos p4?
maybe mid bass hump in audbos p4 contributed to bore me, while t88k hump is in sub-bass, more distant to vocals?
Well, first of all let me tell you I EQ the P4 at 63Hz -1dB with my S9 and get by some oddity significantly less boldness.

But even w/o EQ the P4, I found the T88K cheapos/oldies even bolder and warmer. Unbearable for my taste. Not so the Audbos.
But in terms of this KPI the P4 is the boldest compared to my current three other favorites (MT100, Mini4 and Mini6).
(I have really a nice bunch of capable four IEM's right now covering a massive spectrum of my requirements)

Nov 2, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #38,940 of 101,575
Well, first of all let me tell you I EQ the P4 at 63Hz -1dB with my S9 and get by some oddity significantly less boldness.

But even w/o EQ the P4, I found the T88K cheapos/oldies even bolder and warmer. Unbearable for my taste. Not so the Audbos.
But in terms of this KPI the P4 is the boldest compared to my current three other favorites (MT100, Mini4 and Mini6).
(I have really a nice bunch of capable four IEM's right now covering a massive spectrum of my requirements)
ok, thanks. just to clarify, when i mean warm, i mean thick, bodied, long decay. together with bassy tonality, it can turn into cavernous.
we can eq to alter tonality, but it ain't so easy to alter thickness, attack and decay.
so let me to correct the question: did you find t88k so thick than audbos p4? (sorry, i'd had to use this formula before..)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back