The discovery thread!
Nov 4, 2018 at 6:21 AM Post #38,986 of 101,382
Hi,
I just ran through a comparison of the DMG and DM6 to hopefully answer your questions.

I was using Final E tips on both and comparing tracks played on my Shanling M0.

As you pointed out technical ability doesn't guarantee that it meets your personal preferences but here's what I think.

Both have decent soundstage and instrument separation. The DMG has this more in a left to right style rather than having depth.

The DM6 soundstage is more "3d/holographic" and for my tastes (progressive rock, rock, acoustic folk, electronic ) I find it better.

The bass on both is good some may prefer the dynamic bass of the DMG, personally I prefer the better controlled bass of the DM6.

It hits hard enough and it is one of the best (realistic) bass sounds I've heard from BA iems. The only better implementation from BA drivers I've heard is from my Empire Ears ESR, but we are talking a huge difference in price.

Treble is good on both. Once again it is better controlled and more cohesive on the DM6.

The DM6 is also easier to drive than the DMG have volume set considerably lower on the M0 than when using the DMG.

As for what gets the foot tapping, for me it's the DM6 it suits my preferences very well indeed. Of course it's each to their own.

From my perspective both deliver bang for the buck, the difference being the DMG is good, the DM6 is exceptional for the price.

Thanks mate.

Could you possibly try to describe the bass 'quality' difference without taking into account the slam.

ie Are they on the same level in terms of sub bass depth and more importantly organic texture ?

Maybe you can listen and compare the bass with this track track I know well.

Nov 4, 2018 at 6:23 AM Post #38,987 of 101,382
Just ordered my DM6's from the aliexpress preorder sale. Paid for faster DHL shipping and the total was only $143 after new customer coupons! Can't wait to check them out and compare to my MD+ and IT01's.

Wow that seems like a bargain almost too good to resist.

I have never used Ali Express before and wondering if you can show me how to get the same pricing with any tips on using AE.

Also isn't using DHL inviting customs taxes so final price will be higher ? Not sure how much more.

Nov 4, 2018 at 6:30 AM Post #38,988 of 101,382

I have never used Ali Express before and wondering if you can show me how to get the same pricing with any tips on using AE.

Also isn't using DHL inviting customs taxes so final price will be higher ? Not sure how much more.

DHL shipping was about $20 but there was an option for free shipping too. I was already paying a lot less than I expected to for the DM6 so I decided to go for it and get it earlier. Estimated shipping times were about 2 weeks faster for me through DHL (east coast US).

As far as the new customer coupon I found the info here. That combined with the preorder special here brought the cost down to about $120 before shipping.

Nov 4, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #38,989 of 101,382
DHL shipping was about $20 but there was an option for free shipping too. I was already paying a lot less than I expected to for the DM6 so I decided to go for it and get it earlier. Estimated shipping times were about 2 weeks faster for me through DHL (east coast US).

As far as the new customer coupon I found the info here. That combined with the preorder special here brought the cost down to about $120 before shipping.

Thank you. Clear is OOS though with seller .. ; (

What colour did you go for ?

Nov 4, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #38,990 of 101,382
Thank you. Clear is OOS though with seller .. ; (

What colour did you go for ?

Clear was in stock for me just a few hours ago and I went with it. The darker blue would've been my second choice as blue is my favorite color.

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:01 AM Post #38,991 of 101,382
Has somebody been able to compare the DM6 vs. a Toneking T88k already? Impressions welcome....

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:05 AM Post #38,992 of 101,382

I'd almost rather pay a slightly higher price and pay through amazon for peace of mind if it's listed there.

Nov 4, 2018 at 7:12 AM Post #38,993 of 101,382
I'd almost rather pay a slightly higher price and pay through amazon for peace of mind if it's listed there.

I agree. They're available on Amazon but not directly through Amazon. You'll likely have a better return/customer service experience even with a third party seller on Amazon if an issue comes up, but because it wasn't directly through Amazon I decided to save a bit and go with Aliexpress.

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:00 AM Post #38,994 of 101,382
Please go through Chinese earphones thread for more info about the seller offering DMG for 153 USD ( further discount through coupons). BGVP might not ship them earphones. And if they do, it might take more than 50 days. BGVP isn’t pleased with that fact that this particular seller is selling the DM6 below its recommend street price.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 4:58 PM Post #38,995 of 101,382
Thanks mate.

Could you possibly try to describe the bass 'quality' difference without taking into account the slam.

ie Are they on the same level in terms of sub bass depth and more importantly organic texture ?

Maybe you can listen and compare the bass with this track track I know well.

Hi I've listened to this track with the DMG with both the reference filter and the gold.

The gold slightly improved the bass quantity but at the cost of the treble (slightly).

With either filter the emphasis seems to be on mid bass, there is a certain amount of sub bass no question, but the focus is not there.

With the DM6 the bass is more nicely textured and does have considerably better sub bass that has very nice rumble to it.

Of course this is all down to my ears and what I hear.
While trying to answer your question
I compared the DM6 to my Andromeda and in all honesty the difference (to me) is marginal, it really has reenforced my opinion that these are tremendous value.

Nov 4, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #38,996 of 101,382
Got my BGVP DMG IEMs earlier this week. Immediately plugged them into the PC and have let them cycle with some music and pink noise.

This is my first ever IEM. I have the Senn HD 570 and Senn 6XX headphones as well as a respectable system set up in the Living room. I listened to them today for 30 minutes and was surprised at how "bright" they sound compared to the Senn 6XX.....to me this is good so far..

Stupid questions from a Noobie....
What is the best way to wear these things??
Can someone post a picture?
Depending on how I stick the darn things in my ear they sound different....I am using the original tips and filter, and it seems like the tip may not go in deep enough into the ear and seal properly. What should I be looking/listening for??

Nov 4, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #38,997 of 101,382
Brightness is a sign of not getting a good seal in the ear. If your tip is loose in the ear it will sound brighter than it already does and will less bass as well mids will sound thin. These might be a bit more treble emphasized than your Senn headphones and will be different in sound signature. To warm up the sound use the gold filter and try a more narrow bored tip in one size larger than what you used. If you are using large. Unfortunately the tips they provide are not the best.

They are worn over the ear. Like this pic

Shure-sleeve-4251.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 6:18 PM Post #38,998 of 101,382
..With the DM6 the bass is more nicely textured and does have considerably better sub bass that has very nice rumble to it.

Thanks for taking the time to do that. I’ve started to believe the DM6 would be the better upgrade for me.
On the other hand DMG sounds like it might be more of a side grade.
Time to save up a bit more.

If anyone with DM6 has experience with EX1000, ASG, A73 or EPH100 please offer a few words of comparisons.
I have had or have these IEM’s. One thing I’m very curious about is if the DM6 signature is warmer than than EX1000.

Nov 4, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #38,999 of 101,382
I agree. They're available on Amazon but not directly through Amazon. You'll likely have a better return/customer service experience even with a third party seller on Amazon if an issue comes up, but because it wasn't directly through Amazon I decided to save a bit and go with Aliexpress.

It’s a fair bit of saving that makes it so tempting..

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 6:30 PM Post #39,000 of 101,382
Brightness is a sign of not getting a good seal in the ear. If your tip is loose in the ear it will sound brighter than it already does and will less bass as well mids will sound thin. These might be a bit more treble emphasized than your Senn headphones and will be different in sound signature. To warm up the sound use the gold filter and try a more narrow bored tip in one size larger than what you used. If you are using large. Unfortunately the tips they provide are not the best.

They are worn over the ear. Like this pic

Shure-sleeve-4251.jpg

Thanks for the photo, wanted to make sure....so cable should point straight ahead...

OKay, will try the gold filter and a different packaged tip tomorrow...
The "brightness" isnt bad at this point but significantly different from the 6XX. Plus I realize its not a good fit, so its too early to judge them.
I believe you or someone else suggested possibly using Comply or Spinfit tips for this IEM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back