The discovery thread!
Nov 4, 2018 at 6:37 PM Post #39,001 of 99,883
Once you get a good fit the sound will become fuller sounding. More complete if you will. Bass will have much better prominence wont sound one note. Cleaner treble vs bright thinner sounding. Mids will be thicker as well. You will know once you get a good tip fit and seal. I would give it a good try with some different tips. Definitely try the gold filter as well.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2018 at 7:16 PM Post #39,002 of 99,883
Man I didn't think I was gonna need another earphone in the 1K plus range after getting my Andromeda S. Just placed an order for the Solaris.

Been selling off a bunch of my earphones to make money for it. I got almost half the money to go towards it so I am in for a pair. Looking forward to hearing them.

In the mean while. Get your cards ready fellas in a weeks time single day will come. You know what time it is.

Nov 4, 2018 at 9:37 PM Post #39,003 of 99,883
Does anyone happen to know how the FiiO FH5 compare to the DM6? which is better?
Look at HBB's youtube, hes comparing both directly.
Hi I've listened to this track with the DMG with both the reference filter and the gold.

The gold slightly improved the bass quantity but at the cost of the treble (slightly).

With either filter the emphasis seems to be on mid bass, there is a certain amount of sub bass no question, but the focus is not there.

With the DM6 the bass is more nicely textured and does have considerably better sub bass that has very nice rumble to it.

Of course this is all down to my ears and what I hear.
While trying to answer your question
I compared the DM6 to my Andromeda and in all honesty the difference (to me) is marginal, it really has reenforced my opinion that these are tremendous value.
Keep in mind you can do this with the DMG's low end without distortion.
Noone here really talked about how the DM6 react to EQ.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #39,004 of 99,883
So I was about to pull the trigger on the DM6 and last minute decided to have another quick look at Hawaiibadboy YT for final confirmation. And what do I see .. New intro video on new Whizzer A-HE03.
Really liking the fact it has a dynamic driver which is reported to sound real nice.
It has my attention and things are going to be on hold till I get a comparison with DM6.
Anyone else looking at this ?

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 5:59 AM Post #39,005 of 99,883
Thanks for taking the time to do that. I’ve started to believe the DM6 would be the better upgrade for me.
On the other hand DMG sounds like it might be more of a side grade.
Time to save up a bit more.

If anyone with DM6 has experience with EX1000, ASG, A73 or EPH100 please offer a few words of comparisons.
I have had or have these IEM’s. One thing I’m very curious about is if the DM6 signature is warmer than than EX1000.

Are you talking about the Yamaha EPH100? If yes then I will be able to compare it to DM6 sometime next week.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:04 AM Post #39,006 of 99,883
Are you talking about the Yamaha EPH100? If yes then I will be able to compare it to DM6 sometime next week.

Yes. That would be great as I still have that at hand. If you can possibly can squeeze in before 11/11 that would be extra helpful.

Nov 5, 2018 at 6:56 AM Post #39,008 of 99,883
Wow that seems like a bargain almost too good to resist.

I have never used Ali Express before and wondering if you can show me how to get the same pricing with any tips on using AE.

Also isn't using DHL inviting customs taxes so final price will be higher ? Not sure how much more.
How does the tax work when you receive the item? Is it taxed differently for different countries? Like for example, China vs Switzerland? Does the tax go by percentage of the declared price of the item? Any details?

Does AliExpress ask for your personal details still? I don't feel comfortable giving out my personal details to a Chinese online dealer.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2018 at 9:48 AM Post #39,009 of 99,883
How does the tax work when you receive the item? Is it taxed differently for different countries? Like for example, China vs Switzerland? Does the tax go by percentage of the declared price of the item? Any details?

Does AliExpress ask for your personal details still? I don't feel comfortable giving out my personal details to a Chinese online dealer.

I ordered something on ae last week without any weird issues or requests for id

Nov 5, 2018 at 10:51 AM Post #39,010 of 99,883

I haven’t used AliExpress but I know from other experiences that DHL tend to check packages and you can end up being charged with tax plus admin fee. They won’t release the item to you until it’s paid. So advice is not to use DHL.

Nov 5, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #39,011 of 99,883
My Tenhz P4 Pro arrived today. Listened to them for 3 minutes and sent them back. Absolutely horrible sounding. Anemic non-existant bass with zero sub-bass extension, fatiguing sharp highs. The mids were nice though. None of my music sounded good with them. They are extremely comfortable though, I'll give them that. Maybe I received a defective unit, but I'm not hearing what everyone else is.

The search continues. Seems like the Hifiman RE-400 are in a league of their own. Literally unbeatable for 50$ and beyond.
Any new options came up in these few weeks?

Nov 5, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #39,012 of 99,883
My Tenhz P4 Pro arrived today. Listened to them for 3 minutes and sent them back. Absolutely horrible sounding. Anemic non-existant bass with zero sub-bass extension, fatiguing sharp highs. The mids were nice though. None of my music sounded good with them. They are extremely comfortable though, I'll give them that. Maybe I received a defective unit, but I'm not hearing what everyone else is.

The search continues. Seems like the Hifiman RE-400 are in a league of their own. Literally unbeatable for 50$ and beyond.
Not that I've heard the p4 pro, but you really need to here a lot more gear if your staple for bass is the re-400

Nov 5, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #39,013 of 99,883

You have to burn in the Tenhz P4Pro for about 50 hours before they sound good. out of the box you are correct, they sound horrible. but after substantial burn in
they are very very good. after 100 hrs of burn in they are excellent in fact.!!! you have to have patience with new iems to hear what they are capable of. some of
the iems with beryllium or carbon nano coated drivers dont sound great until about 200 hours of burn in fact, and even the balanced armature drivers
open up with substantial burn in, as do cables and daps.....some people dont believe in burn in but most gear requires it because it is usually not done at the
manufacturer's facilities....reorder the Tenhz P4Pro and burn it in for a nice suprise!!!!!

Nov 5, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #39,014 of 99,883
Not that I've heard the p4 pro, but you really need to here a lot more gear if your staple for bass is the re-400

Not just the bass, but rather overall sound signature. The P4 Pro, to my ear, are inferior to the RE-400. I'm deaf, perhaps.

reorder the Tenhz P4Pro and burn it in for a nice suprise!!!!!

I don't believe in burn in. "Mental" burn in - your brain and ears adjusting to the sound signature, getting used to it - that I believe in. "Physical" burn in is just a way to justify an enormous amount of money spent on something disappointing.

Nov 5, 2018 at 12:55 PM Post #39,015 of 99,883
I thought this video shed some light on the whole burn in thing. Again not starting a debate but please watch this. Someone posted this on the Solaris thread. Something I knew already. By the way Ken Ball recommends at least 150 hours of burn in for the dynamic driver on the Solaris to settle. This is coming from the guy that made the earphone.

You can skip to around 11:00 minutes. Mr Speakers does 48 hours of burn in before they do matching.

I was told by James Fiio in a PM that they Burn in every Fiio FH5. So again some manufacturers do and some don't. Tenhz P4. I guarantee they don't.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back