The discovery thread!
Jun 23, 2018 at 10:34 PM Post #36,841 of 100,525
Did anyone try the NiceHCK DZX-1+6?

If so, can you share your impressions?

Thank you
I wonder what the difference is with the DZ 7... I see it has some kind of bass switch. Not sure what that really is though, didnt see a switch one can flip.

Jun 24, 2018 at 10:30 AM Post #36,842 of 100,525
Just curious on what size comply fit on the nicehck 6ba? Also the dt300 looks like it would take the same size tips as shure/westone no?

Thanks

Jun 24, 2018 at 11:19 AM Post #36,843 of 100,525
Me too.
Someone said the DZ7 was awful so I was wandering if the DZ6+1 had similar sound.

I'm looking for a IEM with good bass (strong and deep wen needed, but always controlled with detail and texture), very good mids and good treble, without being harsh.
Excellent Separation and good imagining.

For those reasons I thought that a hybrid IEM would be the best choice (the dynamic driver would give the strong bass and sub bass) and the BA drivers hould give the very detail mids and highs.

Right now I have a pair of AT CKR9 and I love them, but I want to get a better IEM.

If you guys can point me in the right direction I would appreciated :).

This thread has a lot of pages but very few reviews/impressions and even less comparisons between IEMs.

Cheers

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:26 PM Post #36,844 of 100,525
Just curious on what size comply fit on the nicehck 6ba? Also the dt300 looks like it would take the same size tips as shure/westone no?
Thanks

T400s and T500s should both fit just fine. My JVC Spiral dots fits perfectly on these with no issue and they have a wider nozzle. DT300 pros definitely have narrow nozzles similar to shures and westones. I will have a better idea once I get them very soon.

Me too.
Someone said the DZ7 was awful so I was wandering if the DZ6+1 had similar sound.

I'm looking for a IEM with good bass (strong and deep wen needed, but always controlled with detail and texture), very good mids and good treble, without being harsh.

For those reasons I thought that a hybrid IEM would be the best choice (the dynamic driver would give the strong bass and sub bass) and the BA drivers hould give the very detail mids and highs.

Right now I have a pair of AT CKR9 and I love them, but I want to get a better IEM.

This thread has a lot of pages but very few reviews/impressions and even less comparisons between IEMs.

Cheers

I also have the CKR9 from what your describing It seems your ready for a hybrid. I would wait a bit for the new Fiio FH5 seems to fit what your looking for. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-fh5-quad-driver-hybrid-in-ear-monitors.882444/

The HK6 has better more fuller mids and a more cleaner treble end vs the CKR9 but the bass end has more mid bass than sub bass. For a bit more you can get that new FH5 at $260 which will definitely be a bass focused iem with deep rumbling bass. It has a bass lift in the sub regions with no drop off even at sub 15hz levels. It will be a treat for bass guys. Looks like they are using some nice BAs for mids and treble too. One to look out for.

The IT04 will be $500 double that of the FH5 but is one that many headfiers are waiting for. Both of these are hybrids and should have some outstanding bass ends. I would most certainly wait a few weeks for the new Fiio earphone. I am considering getting one myself.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #36,845 of 100,525
Me too.

Cheers

Acoustune 1551CU. Very hard to find though.

Jun 24, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #36,846 of 100,525
Me too.

Cheers
Hifi Boy OS V3 fits your description and is a superb hybrid. Not sure how much you're looking to spend though. Like Ds said, it may be worth waiting for the FiiO FH5 or iBasso IT04 but if you're looking for something under $200 the OS V3 is da bomb.

Jun 24, 2018 at 1:18 PM Post #36,848 of 100,525

Thanks
I have T-400 Comforts, can be a bit difficult to remove if you are swapping tips but if you only remove when worn out to replace it should be fine. Though I've now gone back to a Jaybird Silicon tip that actually has a narrow opening but still sounds fantastic.

Jun 24, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #36,849 of 100,525
T400s and T500s should both fit just fine. My JVC Spiral dots fits perfectly on these with no issue and they have a wider nozzle. DT300 pros definitely have narrow nozzles similar to shures and westones. I will have a better idea once I get them very soon.

I also have the CKR9 from what your describing It seems your ready for a hybrid. I would wait a bit for the new Fiio FH5 seems to fit what your looking for. https://www.head-fi.org/threads/fiio-fh5-quad-driver-hybrid-in-ear-monitors.882444/

The HK6 has better more fuller mids and a more cleaner treble end vs the CKR9 but the bass end has more mid bass than sub bass. For a bit more you can get that new FH5 at $260 which will definitely be a bass focused iem with deep rumbling bass. It has a bass lift in the sub regions with no drop off even at sub 15hz levels. It will be a treat for bass guys. Looks like they are using some nice BAs for mids and treble too. One to look out for.

The IT04 will be $500 double that of the FH5 but is one that many headfiers are waiting for. Both of these are hybrids and should have some outstanding bass ends. I would most certainly wait a few weeks for the new Fiio earphone. I am considering getting one myself.

@Dsnuts thanks for the reply and for comparing the CKR9 with the HK6.

The FIIO FH5 looks promising, and are in the price range that I want to spend.

Acoustune 1551CU. Very hard to find though.

@SeedRick thanks for the reply but at 450$ it's a bit too expensive for me.

Hifi Boy OS V3 fits your description and is a superb hybrid. Not sure how much you're looking to spend though. Like Ds said, it may be worth waiting for the FiiO FH5 or iBasso IT04 but if you're looking for something under $200 the OS V3 is da bomb.

@crabdog thanks for the reply but I thing I'm going to wait for the FIIO FH5, as the IT04 are too expensive :/

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #36,850 of 100,525
@Dsnuts thanks for the reply and for comparing the CKR9 with the HK6.

The FIIO FH5 looks promising, and are in the price range that I want to spend.

@SeedRick thanks for the reply but at 450$ it's a bit too expensive for me.

@crabdog thanks for the reply but I thing I'm going to wait for the FIIO FH5, as the IT04 are too expensive :/

How much are you willing to spend? If you could find a 2nd hand 1551cu that would be perfect.

Jun 24, 2018 at 10:38 PM Post #36,851 of 100,525
Me too.
I think @ericp10 and I would respectfully disagree with the above statement.

Jun 25, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #36,853 of 100,525
Yay DT300 Pro in the house, sounding good on first listen (a few minutes with the silicone tips)

20180625_133612[1].jpg

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:06 PM Post #36,855 of 100,525

Users who are viewing this thread

Back