The discovery thread!
Jun 26, 2018 at 7:34 AM Post #36,871 of 101,092
My HK6 also have an excessive amount of mid-bass that gives me actual headaches. It makes my Ostry KC09 seem tame... My pair has well over 350 hours of burn in and I’m using pretty good sources too, so I’m thinking it has to be a QC issue if yours sound so good. I’m wondering what Jim will do to alleviate this... $220 is a lot to spend on a possibly defective IEM.

I wonder if this boils down to them using "no-Knowles" BAs again, but rather some cheap ones. If that would be the case, then this would be kinda not-nice, as they would obviously just want to save costs.

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:35 AM Post #36,874 of 101,092
"Now head-fier can place a new order with 1 pcs DT300 PRO,
When you enter the payment interface, you will see → 3.Payment method,
then please choice:Other payment methods!
The result of this operation is that you place an order, but there is no payment!

Then tell me your new order number,
We will change the product price to $79
HTB11iRoy_JYBeNjy1zeq6yhzVXaq.jpg_140x140.jpg
"
Anyone got their DT300 PROs, yet? I have mine sitting in cart for $89 (after discount from seller).
I would like to hear from people, before pulling the trigger.

Jun 26, 2018 at 8:56 AM Post #36,875 of 101,092
I received my DT300's yesterday and they are really good, dare I say terrific. The three balanced armatures deliver a stunning sound. Bass is powerful yet tight, mids are spot on with vocals sounding so true to life, highs are present but controlled not sharp in the least. Well worth the money especially if discounted. These are very efficient I don't think I have ever had such an easy to drive earphone.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 9:34 AM Post #36,876 of 101,092
My HK6 also have an excessive amount of mid-bass that gives me actual headaches. It makes my Ostry KC09 seem tame... My pair has well over 350 hours of burn in and I’m using pretty good sources too, so I’m thinking it has to be a QC issue if yours sound so good. I’m wondering what Jim will do to alleviate this... $220 is a lot to spend on a possibly defective IEM.

I think it will be worth sending back to NiceHCK. I already spoke to Jim and if your mid bass stands out more than what seems to be reasonable I would go ahead and contact Jim about it. He now knows about the problem as I sent him a clear message about this problem.

The HK6 does have mid bass but not to the extent that I heard on Bhazards pair. Believe me I would not have liked them nearly as much if my pair sounded like that. When and if returning item contact JIm and tell him about how bassy your HK6 is and he will know what is happening. I would get a different pair as I now clearly know there are some QC variations in either sound tuning or possibly a bad batch. Will definitely be worth sending back and getting a new pair.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 9:40 AM Post #36,877 of 101,092
I think @ericp10 and I would respectfully disagree with the above statement.

I haven't seen anyone say the DZ7 is awful (of those I know who own it). And the lows are fine too with the right tips, but it is a very mid-centric iem.

Jun 26, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #36,878 of 101,092
I received my DT300's yesterday and they are really good, dare I say terrific. The three balanced armatures deliver a stunning sound. Bass is powerful yet tight, mids are spot on with vocals sounding so true to life, highs are present but controlled not sharp in the least. Well worth the money especially if discounted. These are very efficient I don't think I have ever had such an easy to drive earphone.

Ya Jim insists these are his favorite right now. Ladies and Gents we are talking about the very owner of NiceHCK. Guy has his choice of earphones. Believe me when I say this. I can't wait to try these out. Should have mines real soon.

Jun 26, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #36,879 of 101,092

How's the fit and isolation? Any idea what comply tips size they would take?

Jun 26, 2018 at 12:42 PM Post #36,880 of 101,092
They are comfortable bean shaped just like Shure iems and the tips are the ones that fit Shure the 100 size

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:21 PM Post #36,881 of 101,092
They are comfortable bean shaped just like Shure iems and the tips are the ones that fit Shure the 100 size

Thanks, that means I should be good to go on fit at least. As long as comply p fits the iem nozzle, I stand a chance of them fitting. Anything else just doesn't work for me :frowning2:

Jun 26, 2018 at 1:26 PM Post #36,882 of 101,092
Am I not correct? :D :D :D[/QUOTE
Thanks, that means I should be good to go on fit at least. As long as comply p fits the iem nozzle, I stand a chance of them fitting. Anything else just doesn't work for me :frowning2:
honestly that design, as long it looks similar to westones and shures it will never go wrong.... was the most comfy and fitting universals hands down

Jun 26, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #36,884 of 101,092
The DT300 Pro comes with 3 sets of foams and silicone tips

Thanks, going to sound a little odd this one. Is the nozzle smooth or does it have ridges on? I hate tips sliding off. Also when it says to contact Jim, how do we do that? Email or on the page. Sorry for the basic questions, first time ordering from ali and want to get it right.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 3:43 PM Post #36,885 of 101,092
I think it will be worth sending back to NiceHCK. I already spoke to Jim and if your mid bass stands out more than what seems to be reasonable I would go ahead and contact Jim about it. He now knows about the problem as I sent him a clear message about this problem.

The HK6 does have mid bass but not to the extent that I heard on Bhazards pair. Believe me I would not have liked them nearly as much if my pair sounded like that. When and if returning item contact JIm and tell him about how bassy your HK6 is and he will know what is happening. I would get a different pair as I now clearly know there are some QC variations in either sound tuning or possibly a bad batch. Will definitely be worth sending back and getting a new pair.
I’ve never had to send anything back to China, so that’s something I’d have to learn ASAP... Also, my biggest concern is that I spend the time and money sending it back, just to realize that nothing’s wrong with it or that I get the exact same thing back. Even the graph that Jim provided still shows that the HK6 are mid-bassy in general, so I don’t know how much getting a replacement pair would help. This whole thing makes me a bit anxious.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back