The discovery thread!
Jun 26, 2018 at 4:02 PM Post #36,886 of 101,092
I’ve never had to send anything back to China, so that’s something I’d have to learn ASAP... Also, my biggest concern is that I spend the time and money sending it back, just to realize that nothing’s wrong with it or that I get the exact same thing back. Even the graph that Jim provided still shows that the HK6 are mid-bassy in general, so I don’t know how much getting a replacement pair would help. This whole thing makes me a bit anxious.

While my IEM has still not completed the 350 hours burn in, I too feel ,the same way. Confused, whether this will be the case with my IEM. Similar to your experience, I also find HK6 to work great for some tracks. But, when I switch to X3, I find it to be more resolving, much faster, and lots more micro-details. (however, sound sig is very different, so can't judge, how much is because of my preference for a more neutral sound sig vs balanced/fun)

But, to be honest, it never felt terrible, so not sure whether this is working as intended.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 4:09 PM Post #36,887 of 101,092
Thanks, going to sound a little odd this one. Is the nozzle smooth or does it have ridges on? I hate tips sliding off. Also when it says to contact Jim, how do we do that? Email or on the page. Sorry for the basic questions, first time ordering from ali and want to get it right.
it is the thin smooth nozzle with a ridge 2/3 the way down at the bottom of the metal insert, tips stay on securely.
20180626_210823[1].jpg

Jun 26, 2018 at 4:12 PM Post #36,888 of 101,092
While my IEM has still not completed the 350 hours burn in, I too feel ,the same way. Confused, whether this will be the case with my IEM. Similar to your experience, I also find HK6 to work great for some tracks. But, when I switch to X3, I find it to be more resolving, much faster, and lots more micro-details.
Maybe it’s just not my sound preference, since I’m used to faster and more resolving sound signatures (like the Tin T2). Even with a good source, like the Shanling M0 and the ES100, it still sounds the same. The difference in mid-bass can’t possibly be that much from a “good” model to a “bad” one, considering the graph depicts a pretty large increase of it in the first place. Who knows, I think I’d rather sell it than go through the anxiety of replacing it. Although it seems like nobody’s really interested :p

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #36,889 of 101,092
So what I can do is compare my IT01 in mid bass to my pair of HK6. Since you own both I can tell you how they compare to one another. I have a felling my pair will be at a very similar level. If your mid bass clearly stands out over the IT01 in mid bass then you might have gotten the overly bassy version. I will not know till I get home.

It is just from memory but both should have similar levels of bass impact at least for the mid bass. Will report back when I have some time to compare the two later on tonight.

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:08 PM Post #36,891 of 101,092
I received my DT300's yesterday and they are really good, dare I say terrific. The three balanced armatures deliver a stunning sound. Bass is powerful yet tight, mids are spot on with vocals sounding so true to life, highs are present but controlled not sharp in the least. Well worth the money especially if discounted. These are very efficient I don't think I have ever had such an easy to drive earphone.

Ya Jim insists these are his favorite right now. Ladies and Gents we are talking about the very owner of NiceHCK. Guy has his choice of earphones. Believe me when I say this. I can't wait to try these out. Should have mines real soon.

This flavor of hype is tasty. If I was still into iems, I'd probably buckle pretty quickly lol

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #36,895 of 101,092
so i received a FR graph for the Toneking T66S (6BA Knowles each side), can somebody tell me if this graph is good or bad i have no clue how to read this lmao sorry

Attachments

• HTB15LpjxNSYBuNjSsphq6zGvVXay.jpg
    HTB15LpjxNSYBuNjSsphq6zGvVXay.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 0
Jun 27, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #36,897 of 101,092
So following Vsonic's CEO announcement that they will be discontinuing all of their current models and going for 3 completely with new lines, there is finally a teaser of what is to come (supposedly in November but one can never be sure with vsonic)
68cf2617gy1fsnq13qwqoj20qo1jcjtg.jpg

Jun 27, 2018 at 6:31 AM Post #36,898 of 101,092
So following Vsonic's CEO announcement that they will be discontinuing all of their current models and going for 3 completely with new lines, there is finally a teaser of what is to come (supposedly in November but one can never be sure with vsonic)
68cf2617gy1fsnq13qwqoj20qo1jcjtg.jpg

Haha Vsonic's famous renders
Hopefully something will came out of it.
My advice would be to stack up on GR07 BE's before it's too late. I should follow my advice :thinking:

Jun 27, 2018 at 6:58 AM Post #36,899 of 101,092
Haha Vsonic's famous renders
Hopefully something will came out of it.
My advice would be to stack up on GR07 BE's before it's too late. I should follow my advice :thinking:
Nah, wait a little bit. He said they will try to be ready for 11.11, so a new vsonic model (or several) paired with the 11.11 sales might lead to some insane deal on the gr07. It's already been down to circa 60-70 bucks before, so imagine gr07 for 50 bucks or lower - nothing in the price range will be able to touch them until they run out of stock.

Jun 27, 2018 at 7:38 AM Post #36,900 of 101,092
What is the difference between the DT300 and the DT300 Pros anyway? Have owned the DT300 for a few months now and looking to sell them locally lol. The sound is good but I'd prefer something not solely BA. If I can sell them off will probably buy something similarly shaped but with a DD. Maybe Magaosi Y3 or something similar.

Same level of isolation as Shure SE215? I have a $69 SE215 on backorder, so I'm thinking of cancelling those for the DT300.
They fit me better than the shure models. Not a huge difference, I think both fit extremely well. Disliked all the normal tips though, ended up getting spinfits. Would prefer not but options for the thin "shure" sized nozzles are limited.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back