The discovery thread!
May 1, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #29,056 of 100,494
I'm not as sold on my Rockets. I have grown to used to the Z5 which has more bass and treble extension plus an amazing sound stage and imaging.

But I did try something new today though. I am just going to post pictures for now but at a $60CAD price tag this is going to be a very interesting option for bargain hunters considering it comes with MMCX replaceable cables.

The stem is different because it's smooth so not all tips will work with this IEM. But so far only the Sony hybrids have been a bust for me.

The default cable is a bit cheap feeling but has no bounce/step microphonics and only a small amount of running microphonics. 3Rd party standard MMCX cables work great though.

The IEM shell is extremely light, perfectly flat in ear (gonna try sleeping with them tonight...) and as comfortable as my best IEMs.

Sounds is... You have to wait and see :wink: I want to let these burn in.

May 2, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #29,057 of 100,494
Boy those new Elecoms are sure getting pricy.

May 2, 2015 at 2:38 AM Post #29,058 of 100,494
@dweaver Aren't those the Holy Serpent V9? Someone brought them up a couple months ago saying they sounded like that fotm Woodie with titanium drivers. Its 2:30 and I just woke up to use the "facilities". Not at my sharpest right now, haha.

Edit: Maybe not based on the hp15 badging...same housing though. I be intrigued! Gyar!

May 2, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #29,059 of 100,494
The HP15 is Apex at Long and Mquade which I suspect is just something bought from overseas and rebadged, so that Holy Serpent V9 may be the same IEM. I will read up on it a bit.

May 7, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #29,062 of 100,494

no new posts for days on the DISCOVERY THREAD? has an end come to discoveries??

I think everyone is either happy with what they have or broke.  I know for me, I bought around 20 and decided to stop for awhile.

There is a new batch of people in "The Lab" thread who are buying IEMs.

May 7, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #29,063 of 100,494
  I think everyone is either happy with what they have or broke.  I know for me, I bought around 20 and decided to stop for awhile.

You're probably right. And some of us are happy with what we have and broke lol.

But now that I am an earbud convert, I am really looking forward to the kc08's...

[size=15.0799999237061px]KC Series new 16mm large dynamic drivers play natural and release a sense of sound over the whole area, such as headphones.[/size]
Product features 
Best over OSTRY development team to target the years of the two years the inner ear, is the earphone was born through a review of the three design design. Also it said that the features of the KC series "good sound of the response in the wide" we installed in the inner-ear type.

In addition, large dynamic drivers of 16mm is to play the low frequency with rare massive to inner-ear type, base and, you played a solid sound of the bass drum. Fit even in spite of the large driver, making it easy to design that fits in the ear.

Sale time ※: The scheduled time 2015 spring

May 7, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #29,064 of 100,494
Still not an earbud convert, but don't absolutely hate them as I used to at this point, even enjoying my time with them. Still don't feel as good to me as a good fitting iem (though, to be fair, getting a good fit for iem's is also a challenge for me).

May 7, 2015 at 3:01 PM Post #29,065 of 100,494
Still not an earbud convert, but don't absolutely hate them as I used to at this point, even enjoying my time with them. Still don't feel as good to me as a good fitting iem (though, to be fair, getting a good fit for iem's is also a challenge for me).

I'll always use iems, but mainly for the isolation and because they stay in the ears (well, so far only the Titan1's stay in my ear really well).

But with earbuds (at least the Zen and Asura), I really enjoy the feeling of NOT having something jammed in my ears (and/or getting uncomfortable after a while) - I find them comfortable for hours. And I like how easy it is to put them in and take them out. I also get the sense that they are healthier for the ear canals. And as far as sound goes, I really love the huge immersive soundstage. Yup, I'm a bud convert!

May 7, 2015 at 3:40 PM Post #29,067 of 100,494
May 7, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #29,069 of 100,494
  http://www.head-fi.org/products/ve-zen/reviews/13089

review is up :D

Relly nice review and impression mochill! Well done.
beerchug.gif

May 7, 2015 at 5:40 PM Post #29,070 of 100,494

Users who are viewing this thread

Back