The discovery thread!
May 8, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #29,074 of 100,564

You're probably right. And some of us are happy with what we have and broke lol.

But now that I am an earbud convert, I am really looking forward to the kc08's...

I'll always use iems, but mainly for the isolation and because they stay in the ears (well, so far only the Titan1's stay in my ear really well).

But with earbuds (at least the Zen and Asura), I really enjoy the feeling of NOT having something jammed in my ears (and/or getting uncomfortable after a while) - I find them comfortable for hours. And I like how easy it is to put them in and take them out. I also get the sense that they are healthier for the ear canals. And as far as sound goes, I really love the huge immersive soundstage. Yup, I'm a bud convert!

I am officially an ear bud convert and I had actually written off the KC08s before I had gotten into ear buds. This is def on my to check out list. Any idea for a more solid release date?

May 11, 2015 at 1:30 PM Post #29,075 of 100,564

I'll always use iems, but mainly for the isolation and because they stay in the ears (well, so far only the Titan1's stay in my ear really well).

But with earbuds (at least the Zen and Asura), I really enjoy the feeling of NOT having something jammed in my ears (and/or getting uncomfortable after a while) - I find them comfortable for hours. And I like how easy it is to put them in and take them out. I also get the sense that they are healthier for the ear canals. And as far as sound goes, I really love the huge immersive soundstage. Yup, I'm a bud convert!

i just got on the Zen tour list, I'm looking forward to what a new generation good earbud can do!

May 11, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #29,077 of 100,564

i just got on the Zen tour list, I'm looking forward to what a new generation good earbud can do!

Cool, I agree, you'll really like them, been using them nightly (have to sit down and write them up, on the to do list...)

May 12, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #29,079 of 100,564
Soooo any new finds for the $25 and under range? Last time I checked it was thr jvv fx 40 then the xiaomi pistons 2

The KZ ED9 is supposed to be very good at $13-14! My pair is waiting at my local post office right now so I should be able to post impressions later today. IMHO the KZ EDSE is also better than the Piston 2.0 so if the ED9 is the upgrade from these as others say it should be a great budget IEM. 

May 12, 2015 at 9:12 AM Post #29,080 of 100,564
The KZ ED9 is supposed to be very good at $13-14! My pair is waiting at my local post office right now so I should be able to post impressions later today. IMHO the KZ EDSE is also better than the Piston 2.0 so if the ED9 is the upgrade from these as others say it should be a great budget IEM. 

I'm in the same boat. Can't wait to finish work so I can pick them up.

May 13, 2015 at 4:06 AM Post #29,082 of 100,564
Sooo, how are they guys?? ^^

First impression is really, really good. They're better than the Piston's and easily the best KZ I've tried so far. I can only think of a couple of sub $50 IEM's in my collection that can compete with these. For $13 they're a steal!

So far I've only used them with the bronze filters which has a more balanced nature than the gold ones which have more bass. Well, I did use them for like 5 minutes with the gold ones just to see that it works and I'm sure some people (and some music) will prefer them but the bronze ones are more of my preference.

May 13, 2015 at 6:38 AM Post #29,083 of 100,564
Sooo, how are they guys?? ^^

I'll have to agree with @peter123 :D Really good! Although I prefer the bassy Gold filters (gotta have me bass!). The bronze ones are really airy sounding and certainly more balanced, but I don't like the treble presentation with them on. I've only used them for a few songs and haven't given them a fair shake yet, so maybe this will change :)

May 13, 2015 at 8:10 AM Post #29,084 of 100,564
I'll have to agree with @peter123
 :D Really good! Although I prefer the bassy Gold filters (gotta have me bass!). The bronze ones are really airy sounding and certainly more balanced, but I don't like the treble presentation with them on. I've only used them for a few songs and haven't given them a fair shake yet, so maybe this will change :)

That's the beauty with the tuning, one for me and one for you :wink:

Like two IEM's in one actually. For me the mid-bass get to intrusive with the gold filters but I might prefer it with some music.

May 13, 2015 at 10:44 AM Post #29,085 of 100,564
That's the beauty with the tuning, one for me and one for you :wink:

Like two IEM's in one actually. For me the mid-bass get to intrusive with the gold filters but I might prefer it with some music.

It really is like two iems in one. I'm still kinda shocked at how different the two filters sound.

I'm also really impressed with how airy and light the bronze ones make the ED9. I think I just need to tip roll to properly enjoy them. That'll be my job for tonight :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back