The discovery thread!
Aug 12, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #25,756 of 100,308
  sfwalcer, I thought you asked me to compare the Altone to something, but I can't find the post. If it was you, please repost your request. Thanks.

Never mind, you asked me about the Altone's bass compared to the TE-05 (I believe), and comparison in the sound quality. I'll check that out right now and get back to you. 

Doppios are still the clarity monsters when compared to the Altone (which has fantastic clarity), and the Dunu DN-900 hybrid. 

+
  TE-05 gives the Altone a run for the money. Yes, the TE-05 is about $25 to $35 more and it's worth. Just like the CKR9, the TE-05 is one of the few dynamics I've heard that has a BA-essence to its sound quality. Yet, since it is a dynamic, the overall is more natural and organic. So, okay, the Althone is kind of like the younger brother by a year and a half to the TE-05 in the bass department. The Fostex possesses a clearly cleaner and thicker and fuller bass (the sub-bass really pushes through) than the Altone. Both basses, however, are very clean and visceral. Both are so satisfying. The TE-05 also has a fuller and more organic sound than the Altone 200. Clarity is about equal (if its a little better in the Altone I having a hard time hearing it). The TE-05 is more 3-D in its sound with a wider soundstage. Both have great instrument separation. I think the TE-05's mids are bit more forward than the Altone, but the T-Peos isolates better if you're out and about. It also takes more juice to drive the TE-05. But out of all of the earphones I've compared to the Altone 200, I think the TE-50 and the Altone have more in common than any of the rest. It's like the the Altone could be the TE-50's younger brother. That's a very high compliment given to the Altone 200. Oh, I'm using Spiral Dot (JVC) tips on both earphones. 

^
Oh WOW!!! Thanks a ton ericp, cuz that was ALL that i wanted to know and then some. Great impressions meng!!!
beerchug.gif

Thought these Altones would best those TE-05 on all accounts based on their hype but good to know that it ain't so. The lil' bro of the TE-05 hmmm interesting. : )

Aug 12, 2014 at 3:39 AM Post #25,757 of 100,308
The upgrade cable I had on order arrived and is all I was hoping for audio wise as well as functionality wise. I now have volume and song control plus all the DJE1500 can offer. I think I am going to just enjoy my music for a while...

Aug 12, 2014 at 2:08 PM Post #25,758 of 100,308
Out of Box impressions of the TTPOD T1-E

PRO:
- Amazing soundstage for an IEM. Seriously, I don't know that I've heard this width and height from an IEM before.
- Well extended and clear treble. 
- Little to no sibilance and an easy to listen to sound without fatigue.

CONS:
- I'm a disappointed at the lack of bass. The way people were talking I was expecting some serious sub-bass action. There's nothing here really wowing me. I was so surprised at the lack of bass I double checked the box to make sure I got the T1-Es and not just the T1.
- There's some tone coloration in the mids. This leads to a bit of a "tinny" sound on some voices and instruments depending on the range.
- Poorly paired with the FIIO E12
- The cable can make selections on capacitive screens. So, if I have my phone's screen on, and the cable taps the screen, the phone thinks I'm making a selection by tapping.

These impressions are all with no burn. For an idea of any "mental burn in" that I may undergo, I've been using my Sony MH1C's almost exclusively as of late.

Aug 12, 2014 at 3:56 PM Post #25,760 of 100,308
  Maybe another faulty T1-E...

The T1-E are the new Tenores 
rolleyes.gif

I don't think so. There's bass there, it's just not mind blowing to me. Everyone has a different level of "That's my kind of bass". To give you an idea of where I'm coming from, IMO the  AT WS99's are just about right for bass. Reading reports in the "Appreciation thread" it sounds like these aren't supposed to be known as bass monsters.

That being said, the bass that is here on the T1-E is clean with no mud at all. I'm hoping the mids loosen up with some burn-inand lose the "tinny" congested timbre. 

One thing I've also noticed is that you'll probably need to do quite a bit of tip rolling to find the right fit. 

Aug 12, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #25,761 of 100,308
  Maybe another faulty T1-E...

The T1-E are the new Tenores 
rolleyes.gif

Right on!  Mine arrived bass-less as well, and sound description is similar to bj above.  At least half a dozen of people already reported either lack of bass or channel imbalance.  Their quality control is not that great...  Still waiting for my replacement.

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:43 AM Post #25,764 of 100,308
  OK so I had to post this as a warning for guys looking for a deal from China..Deals Extreme.http://www.dx.com/?gclid=CLOTrLbBisACFUw2aQodZF8AEw You guys probably fell upon the very cheap stuff they have on the site. The site itself is pro enough equivalent to ebay I suppose with its myriad of good for sale out of China and unusually cheap. I fell upon this site because I got caught up on the Topping NX1 hype so I thought why not it is really cheap on this site. So I bought one.

6/17/2014
1:53 PM
USD$ 29.95Full Shipment Available Actions
1406160019036/16/2014
1:32 PM
USD$ 34.94Cancelled 

The bottom one was my Topping NX1 order that was made in JUNE 16.. And like most of the guys that ordered on this site was told they don't have any in stock. It is good that they advertise the price and the product as being available but they actually don't so I got a refund about two weeks later. The top one is for a amp called a LINES 970?

Yes that was in June/17th.. Would you guys believe me if I said this amp is finally in NEW YORK of all places. Yes that is right. almost 2 months later and it is actually in the US. So it looks like the Fiio E11K and the Cayin C5, not to mention my 2step and ICAN will have some very stiff competition from this bad boy.. My very first $30 amp.. How will it do. We will see. But first thing first. NEVER EVER BUY FROM DEALSEXTREME!!  The sales rep I just got done chatting with I made a joke about how it has to be some type of record for the longest shipping time. She was serious when she said she has seen one go for half a year.. NICE!. Nothing like ordering cheap stuff out of China to get it half a year later. You buy stuff from Deals and the Extreme part is it takes a GRIP of time to get to you.. There is a catch to everything. The catch here is.. I have never seen a package take 2 months before it is going to even come into my Country. Lol. This amp better be worth the 2 months and my $30 Damn it!

I like mine more than my Topping NX1. It's not exactly a warm amp, though. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #25,767 of 100,308
Out of Box impressions of the TTPOD T1-E

PRO:

- Amazing soundstage for an IEM. Seriously, I don't know that I've heard this width and height from an IEM before.
- Well extended and clear treble. 
- Little to no sibilance and an easy to listen to sound without fatigue.

CONS:
- I'm a disappointed at the lack of bass. The way people were talking I was expecting some serious sub-bass action. There's nothing here really wowing me. I was so surprised at the lack of bass I double checked the box to make sure I got the T1-Es and not just the T1.
- There's some tone coloration in the mids. This leads to a bit of a "tinny" sound on some voices and instruments depending on the range.
- Poorly paired with the FIIO E12
- The cable can make selections on capacitive screens. So, if I have my phone's screen on, and the cable taps the screen, the phone thinks I'm making a selection by tapping.

These impressions are all with no burn. For an idea of any "mental burn in" that I may undergo, I've been using my Sony MH1C's almost exclusively as of late.
where did you get yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back