The discovery thread!
Oct 2, 2013 at 3:31 PM Post #14,972 of 106,418
  The Gratitudes are really nice iem's, especially at the price. They are not, however, bass monsters. They don't come close to the AT 1K's. They are a fairly easy and comfortable fit, though, and fun to listen to. I haven't directly compared then to the Tenore's, which I have (one of these days, though no one is actually asking for it...but I don't have the Basso, and most of the reading I've done suggests they sound similar). The Tenores are a good buy as well, IMO, fairly inexpensive, good bass, crazy wide soundstage. At the price, though, the Gratitude seems like the one to me (but, again, not really a basshead iem, even though it's a Monster)

Yes, please compare to the Tenore :)

Oct 2, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #14,975 of 106,418
PSUEDO ebonic clown speak?  what a creative insult? i don't know if that is being politie
or creative in criticizing headfi post writings?????

in the meantime, my 1ks are half burned in, but not listenable yet, the s2s are sounding amazing
and the onkyos are still sibulent after 100 hours of burn in and play  more burn in necessary
ITUDE WILL BE MINE SOON.  Since Gratitude is the heart o healing, I'm curious..

Meanwhile having a house concert with MASTERMARGHERITA, swiss dj and master of Peak Records
and will hear live sound to compare with the canned sounds we listen to...always a good idea1

Oct 2, 2013 at 6:01 PM Post #14,977 of 106,418
  is the ma750i a side grade to the phillips s2?

Tough question. Some you may ask would say yes, and I wouldn't argue with them. I would say no it isn't, but better. It really depends on what type of sound signature you prefer.

Oct 2, 2013 at 6:10 PM Post #14,978 of 106,418
I think both are comparable in sound but where the MA750 is more engaging is when they are plugged straight from your player with no added power. They do have dbish more forward and fuller sound using a simple set up, the S2 is more neutral in sound here.. It is when you add an amp or have a higher end power added to the mix is when they loose out to the S2. The S2 leaves many earphones behind in this regard..The MA750 limitations show up when I use my 2Step amp connected to my DX50.The sound is not as wide and almost seems congested in comparison to the S2 on the same set up. On the S2 the sound just expands like crazy and the sound of the S2 actually jumps according to the power I put it on.

So if you plan on a simple plug n play use of the MA750. Those are the way to go. If you own more than a few daps and more powerful sources I would choose the S2 every time.

Oct 2, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #14,979 of 106,418
  So if you plan on a simple plug n play use of the MA750. Those are the way to go. If you own more than a few daps and more powerful sources I would choose the S2 every time.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the S2 would therefore sound better off of the C3/BH combo. Interesting.

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM Post #14,980 of 106,418
Nearly time to celebrate 1000 pages of finds here.
popcorn.gif

A big thumbs up to everyone who posted and contributed here to make it the go-to section for new and incredible stuff.

Thanks for making this one of the best threads in the place, possibly the best.

Much appreciated

~N

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:42 PM Post #14,982 of 106,418

popcorn.gif

A big thumbs up to everyone who posted and contributed here to make it the go-to section for new and incredible stuff.

Much appreciated

~N

Ha - you beat me to it you sneaky devil! Indeed though, this is an awesome thread. Awesome cast of characters, and it fulfills it's purpose perfectly... to siphon money out of our head-fi fanatic wallets!
beerchug.gif

What there should be is a running tally of all the things this thread has convinced us to buy... 
atsmile.gif

That would be a scary long list indeed!

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:43 PM Post #14,983 of 106,418
Hear, hear!

Oct 2, 2013 at 8:59 PM Post #14,984 of 106,418
Originally Posted by mymymyopie /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Too much fail to respond to there. Plus your pseudo-ebonic clownspeak is just tedious.

X2 to that too.

^ X3 to that as well.

PSUEDO ebonic clown speak?  what a creative insult? i don't know if that is being politie
or creative in criticizing headfi post writings?????

in the meantime, my 1ks are half burned in, but not listenable yet, the s2s are sounding amazing
and the onkyos are still sibulent after 100 hours of burn in and play  more burn in necessary
ITUDE WILL BE MINE SOON.  Since Gratitude is the heart o healing, I'm curious..

Meanwhile having a house concert with MASTERMARGHERITA, swiss dj and master of Peak Records
and will hear live sound to compare with the canned sounds we listen to...always a good idea1

i know right what's with all these nice compliments, at least they are subconsciously aware that i was clowning with them........ or maybe not. 
rolleyes.gif
i use only what i deem as necessary, therefore no need to go any higher than ebonic clown speak for ones that are unworthy. Plus looks like my trollin' efforts has brought all these lil' instigators out to play as well.  So a fine job indeed, pats self on back. :)

popcorn.gif

Much appreciated

~N

^

What there should be is a running tally of all the things this thread has convinced us to buy... 
atsmile.gif

+

Ha - you beat me to it you sneaky devil! Indeed though, this is an awesome thread. Awesome cast of characters, and it fulfills it's purpose perfectly... to siphon money out of our head-fi fanatic wallets!
beerchug.gif

That would be a scary long list indeed!

= Whatcha talkin' 'bout meng i have never bought anything hyped on this thread EVER!!!

edit: damn still didn't make the 1000th 1st post weakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!!

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:06 PM Post #14,985 of 106,418
  i know right what's with all these nice compliments, at least they are subconsciously aware that i was clowning with them........ or maybe not. 
rolleyes.gif
i use only what i deem as necessary, therefore no need to go any higher than ebonic clown speak for ones that are unworthy. Plus looks like my trollin' efforts has brought all these lil' instigators out to play as well.  So a fine job indeed, pats self on back. :)

Yeah maybe. Except for when it comes to TDK MT300 clown speak!
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back