The discovery thread!
Sep 29, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #14,836 of 106,840
Tmobile didn't give me earphones with my HTC.

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #14,837 of 106,840
For a basshead cks1000 would be the #1 choice among here for quality bass. If quantity is what you are after i suggest looking at the sony xb90ex and ath cks77x

Even for a non-basshead, the quality of the cks1000's bass is sweeeeeeet :)

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #14,838 of 106,840
Tmobile didn't give me earphones with my HTC.

Well that's no good. But they are so cheap tho. That's why I shared it a while ago because they are one of the best in value IMHO.

Link

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:37 PM Post #14,839 of 106,840
All HTC one owners, you guys should try the stock earphones which come in the box I found that they sound very nice for a free stuff, for me they sound almost as good as Basso.

I agree, these are good freebies.

Sep 29, 2013 at 1:40 PM Post #14,840 of 106,840
  Well the great thing about this hobby is having different sounds. I don't know too many guys that just own one earphone. Most true enthusiasts all have more than a few and for good reason. It would not surprise me at all if guys prefer a more colored signature over a less colored S2. I do all the time.. My CKS1000 is a prime example of that..Then once you are in the mood for it the S2 will get you right back to why they pair so well with the X3.. I think right now there is more variety and value in earphones than there ever has been. It is an exciting time to be an enthusiast for certain.

Spot on 
beerchug.gif

Sep 29, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #14,842 of 106,840
  true enough DS but....
how many headphones and earphones does a true head-fi fanatic need to to have
a proper range of sounds?  (also include daps with different sound signatures...?????
and what is worth "collecting" as opposed to using?

A true head-fi fanatic doesn't ask himself those kinds of questions! 
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #14,843 of 106,840
Agree. lol

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #14,844 of 106,840

A true head-fi fanatic doesn't ask himself those kinds of questions! 
biggrin.gif

LOL yeah, we mostly ask ourselves quastions more in line with "Did I buy enough audio gear this month or not?". Seriously, I'm getting bored and OCD checking head-fi all the time wondering what to buy. ANd to be honest I haven't bought almost anything the past few months - only the VSD1/S and pre-ordered the Deltas and I'm getting anxious

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:23 PM Post #14,845 of 106,840
LOL yeah, we mostly ask ourselves quastions more in line with "Did I buy enough audio gear this month or not?". Seriously, I'm getting bored and OCD checking head-fi all the time wondering what to buy. ANd to be honest I haven't bought almost anything the past few months - only the VSD1/S and pre-ordered the Deltas and I'm getting anxious
you just don't know (yet) that you're simply waiting for the new Sony xba h3 :-$ the only thing I bought recently was DX50 and xb90ex (well, almost a year ago) so yeah. my advice would be to wait for black Friday and get something on a discount (assuming you can get things from U.S.)

Sep 29, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #14,846 of 106,840
you just don't know (yet) that you're simply waiting for the new Sony xba h3 :-$ the only thing I bought recently was DX50 and xb90ex (well, almost a year ago) so yeah. my advice would be to wait for black Friday and get something on a discount (assuming you can get things from U.S.)

Not sure about that sony. On another note, I've had more money for drinking 
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2013 at 5:44 PM Post #14,847 of 106,840
  true enough DS but....
how many headphones and earphones does a true head-fi fanatic need to to have
a proper range of sounds?  (also include daps with different sound signatures...?????
and what is worth "collecting" as opposed to using?

Or better question, how many can one sneak past the spouse ...

After all, as my better half once said to me " You only have two ears, why do you need so many headphones"
LOL!

Sep 29, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #14,848 of 106,840
  Lol. Thanks to sf and clan that was having a hay day on the thread last night. We are now the most active thread. Good job fellas.

On that note...

.... Mr. Marley would be so proud.
ksc75smile.gif

Not sure about that sony. On another note, I've had more money for drinking 
biggrin.gif

I'll say that's money going to a good cause.
tongue.gif

Or better question, how many can one sneak past the spouse ...

After all, as my better half once said to me " You only have two ears, why do you need so many headphones"
LOL!

^ Welp like with anything we only have one body, why do we "need" more than one of anything at all. If that's truly the case everyone will be living like Gandhi. 
tongue_smile.gif

Sep 29, 2013 at 6:53 PM Post #14,849 of 106,840
  It's too cheap to be the Heaven V - probably heaven IV or even II.

Can't find any more of their BAs apart from this one listed - http://www.molex.com/molex/products/family?key=balanced_armature_audio_receiver&channel=products&chanName=family&pageTitle=Introduction

Perhaps they'll have access to a new one from Molex. Yes they're all from Molex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back