The discovery thread!
Sep 29, 2013 at 7:02 PM Post #14,851 of 106,835
  Can't find any more of their BAs apart from this one listed - http://www.molex.com/molex/products/family?key=balanced_armature_audio_receiver&channel=products&chanName=family&pageTitle=Introduction

Perhaps they'll have access to a new one from Molex. Yes they're all from Molex.

From what I can tell, Molex does the engineering heavy lifting with FAD being the R&D arm for the audio based designs like the BAs. S'NEXT is just the new hub that they created to filter the tech out through OEM-ing for making profit in other countries.

http://www.s-next-e.com/company-profile/

You can find some patents for the various companies in the Japan Patent Office but the site design makes it almost impossible to direct link anything.

Sep 29, 2013 at 7:04 PM Post #14,852 of 106,835

LOL yeah, we mostly ask ourselves quastions more in line with "Did I buy enough audio gear this month or not?". Seriously, I'm getting bored and OCD checking head-fi all the time wondering what to buy. ANd to be honest I haven't bought almost anything the past few months - only the VSD1/S and pre-ordered the Deltas and I'm getting anxious

You guys sure look pretty normal to me.

Sep 29, 2013 at 7:08 PM Post #14,853 of 106,835
Sep 29, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #14,855 of 106,835
  You guys sure look pretty normal to me.

Well, you're on head-fi where people spend top dollar just because they want a little more bass or a bigger soundstage or whatever. I for one can't lie that I'm normal. A few months ago even one of my best friends introduced me to his new girlfriend with "He's the smartest guy I know but he's completely insane" and I totally agreed with the second part of his statement. 

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:10 PM Post #14,856 of 106,835
Okay, I'm beginning to think that the MA750i can satisfy a basshead (who wants an overall quality sound).

Just wondering, in the original review I remember it being said the ma750 was what he hoped the ue900 would be. I am considering selling my ue900 and getting the ma750 to put a little cash back in the ol pockets and was wondering if you (or other venerable members) had any thoughts on what would be the main points of difference in sound sig and potential sacrifices from your points of view.

Sep 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #14,857 of 106,835
  Screenshots? - unless you're on a phone like me.

Usually am, but even not it's such a pain in the ass to even figure it out again that I feel bad for not wanting to try again.

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM Post #14,859 of 106,835
  Btw, Tyll just posted a review of the Onkyo headphones http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MN1xIViHEXA . And there's also a written review with measurements on innerfidelity

Indeed! Here's the written article:
http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/delightful-onkyo-es-fc300-and-es-hf300

And an intriguing quote from Tyll:
Conclusions
The Onkyo ES-FC300 is simply a superb headphone of this type and price, I'd venture to say it's best in this class. 

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:49 PM Post #14,860 of 106,835
Must read this thread with my wallet locked away. It might be futile but have to try to resist the MA750 temptation. I like the S2 but have always preferred over ear style iem which works best for me. Someone please dish out some negatives to sway me away if there is any, haha.

Sep 29, 2013 at 9:57 PM Post #14,862 of 106,835

true enough DS but....
how many headphones and earphones does a true head-fi fanatic need to to have
a proper range of sounds?  (also include daps with different sound signatures...?????
and what is worth "collecting" as opposed to using?

A true head-fi fanatic doesn't ask himself those kinds of questions! 
biggrin.gif

Or, to paraphrase the great Tina Turner, "What's need got to do with it?"

As I previously posted, we all know, he who has the most/best toys in the end, wins!! 
wink_face.gif

Sep 29, 2013 at 10:02 PM Post #14,864 of 106,835
Sep 29, 2013 at 10:07 PM Post #14,865 of 106,835
They cost $120.. Negative. Too expensive, you can buy 6 pairs of Philips SHE3590 and another 6 pairs of the MP8320!

They have one of the best performance for price.. Negative.. I like my Bass to hover over all the tunes. Always. Funk o trunk is always the way to go!

They have wicked detail for single dynamic..  Negative.  Who needs pin point accuracy in your sound. I like my sound kinda sloppy.

They are balanced like no other.. Big negative..I am all about bass and no treble.

They are built with stainless steel.. Negative. These won't break as easily as lets say something built with plastic? I need an excuse to buy more iems when they break.

They come with a real nice case and a grip of nice tips.. Negative.. I only like proprietary tips that KEF put out. Those are winners and only 3 pairs in different sizes so I can only use one pair if they fit.

They are very easy to drive.. Double negative. I want my earphones to only sound good while hooked up to my NFB-5 at home..

Don't buy this iem. It is full of negatives. They won the GOLDEN NUT award?  What the hell is that anyway.!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back