The discovery thread!
Jun 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #10,981 of 100,730
Jun 18, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #10,983 of 100,730
Quote:
Hmm I thought tenso charged a consolidation fee plus another fee

Well, either way you can find all the information you need here - http://tenso.com/en

Jun 18, 2013 at 2:53 PM Post #10,985 of 100,730
Interesting - the Ety adapter is 75, so why not that impedance?

I'm wondering the same. Also wondering why the 50 was initially recommend when the 150 is "the best"

Jun 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #10,986 of 100,730
Quote:
Interesting - the Ety adapter is 75, so why not that impedance?

Ok well, the Green House GH-ERC-MB isn't identical to the Etymotic ER-4P, if it was that would be terrific, and then yes you could indeed use a 75 ohm adapter as in the case of ER-4P to ER-4S.

I had some new toy effect with the resistors yesterday, it's not as good sounding as my Etymotic ER-4B, sorry!

I just felt like discovering something nice since I'm a new member.  In truth, my Green House GH-ERC-DMS is the real discovery.

After yesterdays and this mornings listening session, I'm actually very skeptical now the GH-ERC-MB uses the ED-29689 driver.  However, I feel confident the GH-ERC-DMS uses the TWFK driver, I can hear that.

There are four types of resistance in respect to an IEM; output, cable, driver and filter, cable resistance causes crosstalk issues, which gave that imaging goodness I called voices in the head, which it does, this is also a trick in some custom IEM cables.  After a while I noticed it's not real imaging, the TWFK is better at that.

Quote:
I'm wondering the same. Also wondering why the 50 was initially recommend when the 150 is "the best"

I have access to a 50 and 100 ohm resistor, the 50 tilts the treble better than the 100, but when I connected them yesterday into 150 I was impressed and that became my new recommendation, which it still is.

Although, apart from the novel and unique sound of the GH-ERC-MB with 150 ohm resistance, which I'm happy I have on file, the GH-ERC-DMS is my real recommendation if you want to slay the expensive IEM villains.  The resistors - as with most IEM's - are not useful with the GH-ERC-DMS.

The MB with 150 also has less bass than the already bass light ER-4B.  This thread seems to like bass, so I duly retract my recommendations forthwith from your stereosphere.

Jun 18, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #10,987 of 100,730
Honestly it has my interest. I'd like to see a full post with all the details explaining where to buy and setup linked on the first page.

Thanks for the discovery. I'll likely place my orders in the next week or so.

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:15 AM Post #10,990 of 100,730
Lol, I asked because I just saw you posted that the bass on these is mostly sub. Thats only with the mod I assure you.When that hole is uncovered, the mid bass impact will take over, and act as a stool softener lol.

Jun 19, 2013 at 12:26 AM Post #10,991 of 100,730
Quote:
Lol, I asked because I just saw you posted that the bass on these is mostly sub. Thats only with the mod I assure you.When that hole is uncovered, the mid bass impact will take over, and act as a stool softener lol.

Ya' mon, it takes over alright, but for me not in a good way. Ruins the overall sound and refinement cuz too much boominess in the mid bass without the mod cheapens the sound and is more congested in presentation. I guess i am not a true basshead afterall. haha
duggehsmile.png

Jun 19, 2013 at 1:55 AM Post #10,992 of 100,730
Quote:

Ok well, the Green House GH-ERC-MB isn't identical to the Etymotic ER-4P, if it was that would be terrific, and then yes you could indeed use a 75 ohm adapter as in the case of ER-4P to ER-4S.

I had some new toy effect with the resistors yesterday, it's not as good sounding as my Etymotic ER-4B, sorry!

Forgetting about the resistors for a moment, I can say that they sound excellent out of my C&C BH, not bass-light at all (with the LF switch on).

Jun 19, 2013 at 3:40 AM Post #10,994 of 100,730
Yay! 

S2's just shipped from Tenso to my place in Australia.

Excited :D

Anymore impressions on these?

Soon you'll be the one giving your impressions. :wink:

Jun 19, 2013 at 4:23 AM Post #10,995 of 100,730
Quote:
Forgetting about the resistors for a moment, I can say that they sound excellent out of my C&C BH, not bass-light at all (with the LF switch on).

Cool, I clicked on your profile and see you have quite a few IEM's, they sound pretty good for $21 right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back