The discovery thread!
Apr 18, 2024 at 5:53 PM Post #99,271 of 100,215
D'accord !!....Maybe CCA will be a Trio set that can finally put a smile on my face also (- whilst not hurting my wallet!)....will arrive in a fortnight...cheers !!
Just pulled the trigger on the Kefine Delci (instead of the CCA Trio,) a totl no-brainer set imho....look gorgeous af too !! :beerchug:

Attachments

• KEFINE Delci.jpg
    KEFINE Delci.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Snap258.jpg
    Snap258.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 0
  • Snap261.jpg
    Snap261.jpg
    602.9 KB · Views: 0
Apr 18, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #99,272 of 100,215
Starting to do some head-to-head comparisons today with a variety of music with my two new toys, the Kefine Delci and the CCA Trio.

Full disclosure: I'm a listener who places tuning and timbre above technicality. I'll take musical cohesiveness over the last ounce of detail every damn day. I like warm-neutral tuning.

Knowing that, it didn't take more than an hour of comparative listening for the Delci to emerge as the colt pulling away in this two-horse field.

As I noted earlier in this thread, the Delci has a delicious musicality. Sub-bass is a bit more than I prefer, but it does get intoxicating after a while. The bass doesn't eclipse the mids, and the treble is ample but not excessive. These are REALLY impressive for a $60 set, especially with the ample included accessories.

The Delci are good with every genre for me, but they truly shine with more bass-emphasized genres. Hip-hop, EDM, soul, disco, funk.

I'm in a band, and I know how instruments sound in a live or rehearsal studio setting. Overall, the tuning and timbre of the Delci sound correct. Excellent note weight, which is important to me.

The Delci sounds "right." And as I said earlier, the sound flowing into my ears and brain in the Delci never has caused me to wince or grimace once. No fatigue. Yet not muddy or too warm.

Super impressed.

Now for the Trio. If you like colder, more edgy sets like the EA500 LM or other Simgot offerings, you will like the tuning of the CCA Trio. I think the treble is too sharp and too hot at the UUUU switch setting. I changed it to UUDD, and that helped.

The Trio lacks refinement and note weight compared to the Delci. Its timbre sounds a bit thin and metallic to my ears, regardless of switch position.

In an earlier world, the Trio would be an easy recommendation. It sounds good. You'll really like it if you like that detailed, crisp Simgot sound, and the switches work. The included tips also work -- I didn't need to roll to third-party tips.

But I doubt I'm hopping on the Trio Train. Their timbre just doesn't work for me, especially when the lush, rich, fun Delci are sitting right next to me, calling me like a lusty girl in dimly lit bar with full lips coated in cherry-red lipstick.

Maybe more impressions to come!
Thanks for this overview ^ - it definitely helped me make an informed decision - now looking forward to the Delci...bigtime !!....(should be rebranded: Kefine Delicious !!)

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:05 PM Post #99,273 of 100,215
Thanks for this overview ^ - it definitely helped me make an informed decision - now looking forward to the Delci...bigtime !!....(should be rebranded: Kefine Delicious !!)
If you like warm-neutral tuning, it's almost a lock you'll enjoy the Delci.

My other 'phones are the ZMF Aeolus and HD 6XX for over-ears and MagicOne for IEMs. Common denominator: All smooth, musical as hell, varying degrees of warmth without the ultimate in detail or technicality.

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:44 PM Post #99,274 of 100,215

My other 'phones are the ZMF Aeolus and HD 6XX for over-ears and MagicOne for IEMs. Common denominator: All smooth, musical as hell, varying degrees of warmth without the ultimate in detail or technicality.
Superb cheers pal !...I held off adding the Magic One also - the lack off sub bass just can't be ignored in my book !!

Apr 18, 2024 at 6:58 PM Post #99,275 of 100,215

Just uploaded 64GB worth of new electronica LP's to my Hiby Pro R6 (listening balanced via Kinboofi 4-Core SPC cable: attached to Tinhifi P1 Max) - sounds divine. The face off soon will be with the supreme Delci - FIGHT...haha !! :L3000:

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 7:14 PM Post #99,276 of 100,215
Apr 18, 2024 at 8:50 PM Post #99,277 of 100,215
I got the EA500LM coming in today. We'll see if my gamble pays off? If the technicalities are superior to the EW200 and the stage and imaging is better and wider than the EA1000, then I'm looking forward to a smile on my face like the Trio brought me?
Hope it does the trick. ( I hadn't heard this but the og, which I didn't like).

Btw fiio fd11 has the tonality, robust presentation of the ea500 with bite (more bite than Trio) but with vastly better (sub) bass and without any harshness in the treble that the 500 has. Also more details and better stage than the ea500 (not the wondrous spacing and separation and presentation as trio, imo) And looks better than ea500 too! Trio has a thicker (mid) bass that suits my music library.
Got the fd11 a couple of days ago as @fidgeraldo loves em and recoed em. Been digging em.

1000067747.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 9:12 PM Post #99,278 of 100,215
I just hope switches don't become the universal panacea for mediocre stock tuning. That's all. :)

Tuning switches - and by extension tuning nozzles - are the flavour of the year. Company A sees company B launch an IEM with tuning switches and they have a FOMO (fear of missing out), and also crowbar a tuning switch in, cause why not?

It was refreshing when tuning switches were first introduced some years back, as in theory it promises more than 1 IEM with a purchase.

But of the tunable IEMs I've tried, quite a few nozzles and switches seem to be forced in to give an illusion of choice. Some give negligible changes in the frequency response ie gimmicks. Some tuning configurations are downright bad sounding, leaving users with no option but to just keep to one or two "intended" tunings.

We have the big kahuna, the KZ AS24, with 8 tuning switches per housing to give 256 permutations in tuning! 256!!! That's kinda like throwing as much crap on the wall, and hoping one of the 256 tunings stick. Are the tuners not confident in their sound, such that they have to scattergun nozzles and tuning switches as a crutch?

If the tuning nozzles/switches are well-implemented, with real substantial changes in the frequency response, then those are desirable, but lots of companies seem to be copying and loading switches just to ride on the hype.

At the end of the day, I rather a well tuned IEM with zero switches than some gimmicky ones.

This thread seems to help KZ sell more Trio than whatever their rep can do 😂

The irony (for those that follow social media), is that their rep scores more own goals and damages the company more than any other competitor company can ever do hahaha.

Hope it does the trick. ( I hadn't heard this but the og, which I didn't like).

Btw fiio fd11 has the tonality, robust presentation of the ea500 with bite (more bite than Trio) but with vastly better (sub) bass and without any harshness in the Treble than the 500. Also more details and better stage (not the wondrous spacing and separation and presentation as trio, imo) And looks better too! Any day that, over ea.
Got it couple of days ago as @fidgeraldo loves em and recoed em. Been digging em.

The FD11 has some conch acoustic shell chamber, which deliberately extends the acoustic tubing inside to boost sub-bass (higher frequencies are first to be dissipated in a long tube).

Quite an innovative technology, something that is implemented in some earbuds like the Smabat series (otherwise most earbuds are slated for having anemic sub-bass).

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:03 PM Post #99,279 of 100,215
Well, tuning switches are KZ current trend that mainly stems from the buyers disagreement on how much bass is enough bass.
The fun-head keep butting head with the balanced/neutral-head.

For a short period of time, they released two (or more) version of their iem, the bass-boosted/fun-one and the balanced-one.
After that, KZ is dealing with proper crossover critisism and while at it, giving a solution to the bass amount discourse,
kz give their iem a crossover with 4 switch, 3 to adjust bass. 1 for pseudo high gain.

---

Unfortunately KZ still miles behind their competition like moondrop, 7hz, TangZu in terms of marketing and fostering an audio community.

While it does get a bit better at marketing right now with several new outward marketing persons. But the bar is f*cking low compared to their predesessor and still not up to par with competition

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:10 PM Post #99,280 of 100,215
IMG_8811.jpeg

Some new goodies

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:17 PM Post #99,282 of 100,215
What’s a good 4.4mm dongle that’s lightning compatible, low noise, stays relatively cool, and doesn’t drain phone battery?

Simgot DEW4X if you like warm and richer sound. AFUL Snowy Night if you want neutral sound with nicer stage and headroom to deal with hard to drive IEMs (think of Symphonium ones). Both works with iPhone without problem via a cheap cable from ddHifi. Minimal battery drain.

ddHifi has their own lightning to 4.4 as well. I haven’t tried but I heard it’s okay.

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:19 PM Post #99,283 of 100,215
Apr 18, 2024 at 10:33 PM Post #99,284 of 100,215
Simgot DEW4X if you like warm and richer sound. AFUL Snowy Night if you want neutral sound with nicer stage and headroom to deal with hard to drive IEMs (think of Symphonium ones). Both works with iPhone without problem via a cheap cable from ddHifi. Minimal battery drain.

ddHifi has their own lightning to 4.4 as well. I haven’t tried but I heard it’s okay.
Thanks, I’ll probably pass on the ddHifi, dead neutral is kinda boring. Those first two look like solid options.👌

Apr 18, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #99,285 of 100,215
Ey, all hail the mid-fi addict king 😂 good to see you here

Is that the HBB collab Tangzu or the expensive one?
It's the collab I believe. You can see HBB logo bottom right on the box. I hope to try them only because their shell is gorgeous 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back