The discovery thread!
Apr 23, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #99,301 of 114,320
It's kind da crazy what you can get now quality wise for a DAP sweet find. I should really be doing my review instead of surfing on here. Definitely a good purchase 👌
We all should be doing our reviews instead of surfing here 😂

If you have been listening to DSD, then I guess our disagreement on the tonality of this DAP has been resolved. Two completely different digital circuits with different tunings being used here. I hope they bring the DSD tuning to PCM soon.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:18 PM Post #99,302 of 114,320
first new arrival this week - Azla SednaEarfit Origin

IMG_7426.jpegIMG_7427.jpegIMG_7429.jpeg

Only had them on for about 15 minutes but I can tell these are going to be keepers. Size down for a deeper fit. Reminds me of the Baroque in sound.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:56 PM Post #99,303 of 114,320
We all should be doing our reviews instead of surfing here 😂

If you have been listening to DSD, then I guess our disagreement on the tonality of this DAP has been resolved. Two completely different digital circuits with different tunings being used here. I hope they bring the DSD tuning to PCM soon.
Yeah thanks alot for the extra work now I have to listen to 10 hours of Taylor Swift on Spotify.

And I learned and grew so a thank you for making me better.

Apr 23, 2024 at 6:59 PM Post #99,304 of 114,320
Yeah thanks alot for the extra work now I have to listen to 10 hours of Taylor Swift on Spotify.

And I learned and grew so a thank you for making me better.
Jeez 😂 I’m also sorry for coming off standoff-ish about this. Something about audio hobby is pissing me off more than usual nowadays. Looking forward for your review!

Apr 23, 2024 at 7:17 PM Post #99,305 of 114,320
first new arrival this week - Azla SednaEarfit Origin

IMG_7426.jpegIMG_7427.jpegIMG_7429.jpeg

Only had them on for about 15 minutes but I can tell these are going to be keepers. Size down for a deeper fit. Reminds me of the Baroque in sound.
Short nozzle got you down? These are an incredible solution.

IMG_7432.jpeg
IMG_7433.jpeg

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #99,307 of 114,320
I keep seeing Facebook ads for Jrums audio Jrums
And this wireless set looks like a straight up KZ clone… the wireless unit looks like the AZ09 but they claim it has noise cancelling. Hmm. The earbuds I think are 10 driver but they don’t give much tech specs. 250$… not a chance I’m falling for a possible rip! Has anyone got these??
Everything on offer look like generic, nameless products bought from Ali or Taobao and rebranded to be sold at a premium.

250$ for a pair of IEMs that probably retail for around fifty or maybe even less than that.

I could be totally wrong but the wireless IEMs look like rebranded KZs and jrumz is charging 20 bucks for a generic case you can probably find at ali for a couple bucks.

Needless to say, the store looks pretty dodgy.

Apr 23, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #99,308 of 114,320
Apr 23, 2024 at 8:59 PM Post #99,309 of 114,320
What's pissing off?
Are you asking for a definition? :)
English slang is funny.
  • piss = urine
  • i need to take a piss = i need to urinate
  • x is pissing me off = x is annoying me
  • piss off = go away

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #99,310 of 114,320
What's pissing off?

Like, the dude who asks "what's pissing off?"

Just kidding :beyersmile:

But yeah, it's just a few individuals here and there, a few echo chambers here and there. Most of addicts audio geeks are passionate folks who are a joy to interact with.

Today I learned that the I/O Audio Volare has around 3ohm impedance and 127dB (per mW or Vrms?) sensitivity. Which nutcase designed an IEM like that :beyersmile: I can't imagine how source-picky that IEM is. We need more people making sensible IEMs like 64 Audio that can be used with anything yet extremely transparent to the whole source chain.

I have an EA1000 coming next week. So excited to try this IEM with the DEW4X. Can't wait to hear the Chi-Fi IEM that impresses my hard-to-please audio geek friends.

I was informed by HiBy folks that the preorder for R4 and Project ACE are online from 24/04:

https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-r4

https://store.hiby.com/products/hiby-x-faudio-project-ace

Last edited:
Apr 23, 2024 at 9:20 PM Post #99,312 of 114,320
Awesome. Still on my quest to find a perfect tip for my Symphonium Meteor. Short, angled nozzle is proving nearly impossible to fit quite right.
SpinFit W1? Maybe you might need a different size for each ear.

That IEM is also a mess when it comes to fit and comfort. I ended up using Xelastec and fit very shallow. Interestingly, it sounds better though likely not the intended sound signature by the tuner.

Apr 23, 2024 at 9:27 PM Post #99,313 of 114,320
SpinFit W1? Maybe you might need a different size for each ear.

That IEM is also a mess when it comes to fit and comfort. I ended up using Xelastec and fit very shallow. Interestingly, it sounds better though likely not the intended sound signature by the tuner.
I’ve got super wide ear holes, so I need something that comes in bigger sizes than W1 does unfortunately. Best so far are Divinus Velvets and Penon Liqueur, but they fit way on the outside of my ear canal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back