The discovery thread!
Dec 11, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #91,021 of 103,941
Too bad you didn't use NiceHCK official/audio store.

They have free return and always helpful with the problems.
Thanks for pointing this out. I might be able to get a free return on this order...
Capture+_2023-12-11-12-44-00.png

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #91,022 of 103,941
Thanks for pointing this out. I might be able to get a free return with this...Capture+_2023-12-11-12-44-00.png
Good luck with the dispute. If you have a super silent environment and an additional phone with good microphone, crack up the volume and try to show imbalance. You can follow the honest approach but AE agencies are ignorant when it comes to these expensive iems and it's damn hard to prove it. You can point a little far from the faulty unit to show volume lesser.

Dec 11, 2023 at 1:41 PM Post #91,023 of 103,941
Good luck with the dispute. If you have a super silent environment and an additional phone with good microphone, crack up the volume and try to show imbalance. You can follow the honest approach but AE agencies are ignorant when it comes to these expensive iems and it's damn hard to prove it. You can point a little far from the faulty unit to show volume lesser.
Thanks for the advice!
I will absolutely be getting either a replacement or a refund or else will never buy from their store again while sharing my experience with head-fi and discouraging others from falling into the same trap...

Dec 11, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #91,024 of 103,941
This is slowly making me finalize my choice of which QC issue-riddled company to focus my spending on...

Dec 11, 2023 at 2:28 PM Post #91,025 of 103,941
My first 'budget' set reviewed in the EW200.

I feel like we've all moved on now but either people here have the mysterious power to enjoy music without being critical. Or everything else under $50 is a no bueno.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/simgot-ew200.26518/reviews
Doesn't matter how good a product is, or how much praise it gets, there's always, i mean always, going to be a contradictory view, and this is one of them, but as AceBee said, it's cool to see that angle, even if it's opposed to my view or the views of the buying public.

Dec 11, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #91,026 of 103,941
Oh man, the Zero 2 might be my go to cheap recommendation. The treble feels similarly detailed and balanced like the original after I've taken some time to get used to it, but the increased sub-bass really satisfies. Need to put it through a bunch of it's paces to know what it works best with but the original was a pretty good swiss-army knife in terms of genre. I had snagged a second set off Amazon when I saw the earlier delivery date figuring it would make a great gift to a friend that's been interested in picking up an IEM. Initial reviews had me worried I'd regret that, but it's looking like a good decision now! More testing before I type out more impressions.

Dec 11, 2023 at 3:10 PM Post #91,027 of 103,941
Thanks for the advice!
I will absolutely be getting either a replacement or a refund or else will never buy from their store again while sharing my experience with head-fi and discouraging others from falling into the same trap...
Indeed, wish you the best of luck!

FYI I couldn't even get an AliExpress store to even replace a bad iem cable from one of their own sets I purchased. They gave me the same lame "please send us a video" line for your "dispute to be considered worthy of being addressed."

The store I experienced the dispute with was the same one Brsdrgn recommended in a previous post: NiceHCK official audio.

So there's that...

And by the way...
*Not trying to stir arguments or make adversarial conversations, just airing my truth of dealing with a similar situation that a fellow head-fi'er (Cobrabucket) is unfortunately experiencing.

**Not calling out fellow head-fi'er Brsdrgn either, just making it known that NiceHCK isn't exactly better or worse than any orher AliExpress store regarding customer support/disputes/services.

Just sayin....
✌️

Dec 11, 2023 at 3:39 PM Post #91,028 of 103,941
Ask and you shall receive! I think you might find this display isn't super intuitive, because the target is likely one that people who are used to IEF Neutral or Harman aren't familiar with, but here it is regardless.

For what it's worth, I did link my measurement website with all of the raw data (multiple tips, positional variance) as well as multiple targets and views—raw, DF compensated, target compensated—available. If someone wants a more personalized view of the data used in my reviews, strongly recommend checking out my measurement database(s) linked in my signature.

Headphones.com's tool isn't quite perfect yet (eg. we don't have the raw + preference bounds + "target" view sussed out yet) but I do rather enjoy how much simpler comparisons are between two or more measurements when the relevant HRTF is subtracted. Thanks for the feedback though, we're definitely interested in how people actually use the squiggles to know what kind of features/modes of use we need to accommodate.
Thanks for the response and the graph, mate!

The response looks yummy indeed. I like that slightly subdued response between 1k and 3k. Is it just me or the response looks kinda like some ThieAudio IEMs as well.

Keep up the good work! Love your interesting approach to reviews that blend subjective impressions and objective measurements well. For a future topic, I would love to see your analysis on “technical performance.” Maybe we can see something new on the 5128 that the old 711 can’t see? Idk.

Edit: is the CrinGraph that you are using open source? My self-hosted version does not have the -10dB compensation. I’m trying to understand the math of that one.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 3:52 PM Post #91,029 of 103,941
I don't remember if it was discussed here but Resolve (Headphones.com) trashed the Timeless 2 a few weeks ago during one of his YouTube reviews of multiple iems. Of all of the iems reviewed, he chose the Kiwi Ears Orchestra 2 as the best for him. I don't recall all of the items reviewed, but the Audiosense T200 was one of them (an older iem). It graphed better than any of them but he did not like the treble peaks.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #91,030 of 103,941
I got the Truthear Zero Red’s today and I’m really impressed with them. I thought I enjoyed the Kiwi Ears Melody’s when I got those a few days ago but these are a lot better for me. The fit is nicer, the cable is better, they’re lighter and the sound (especially with the adapter to give it a bassier sound) is really nice.

I’ll be returning the Melody’s and I’m still thinking I’ll pick up the Hype 2’s but I can see why Jay’s Audio did a video explaining why the Red’s could be a one and done for people just looking for an IEM and not wanting to go down the rabbit hole.

I’m very impressed.

Dec 11, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #91,031 of 103,941
Indeed, wish you the best of luck!

FYI I couldn't even get an AliExpress store to even replace a bad iem cable from one of their own sets I purchased. They gave me the same lame "please send us a video" line for your "dispute to be considered worthy of being addressed."

The store I experienced the dispute with was the same one Brsdrgn recommended in a previous post: NiceHCK official audio.

So there's that...

And by the way...
*Not trying to stir arguments or make adversarial conversations, just airing my truth of dealing with a similar situation that a fellow head-fi'er (Cobrabucket) is unfortunately experiencing.

**Not calling out fellow head-fi'er Brsdrgn either, just making it known that NiceHCK isn't exactly better or worse than any orher AliExpress store regarding customer support/disputes/services.

Just sayin....
✌️
None taken easy :)

Everyone should express their concerns. Otherwise nothing would improve.

I'm just surprised that it didn't go with you well. I've bought lz a7 from them. Cable was faulty and they sent a replacement right away.

I bought Bluetooth hb2 connector. It got crazy after my first workout. Occurred to be, not even sweat resistant. The purchase protection was over. They told me buy a new one, they sent the new units. Told me to dispute and send back faulty ones so that's that.

Bought plenty of cable etc. It's one of the rarest stores on Ali that I always recommend.

Good ro know your side as well. So eventually they're not an angel. I wish AE would take side of their customers more.

Dec 11, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #91,033 of 103,941
I got a code from Linsoul in a recent order. Anyone know how to redeem? It says "Unwrap your holiday surprise with code:"

Dec 11, 2023 at 4:50 PM Post #91,034 of 103,941
I don't remember if it was discussed here but Resolve (Headphones.com) trashed the Timeless 2 a few weeks ago during one of his YouTube reviews of multiple iems. Of all of the iems reviewed, he chose the Kiwi Ears Orchestra 2 as the best for him. I don't recall all of the items reviewed, but the Audiosense T200 was one of them (an older iem). It graphed better than any of them but he did not like the treble peaks.
The Timeless 2 got delayed for a retune so 7hz probably got some pretty negative feedback from the review units they sent out.

Dec 11, 2023 at 4:52 PM Post #91,035 of 103,941
I strongarmed @gadgetgod to send me the BQEYZ Wind for a quick impression and a comparison with the OD200.

BQEYZ Wind​

This is the first BQEYZ iem that fit me like a glove. I was very pleased at that. The build is solid, heavy, but quite comfortable inside the ears. I only hope the paint of the Wind will not chip off like Aria.

The cable is quite well-built and rather heavy. But thankfully very soft also, and has no memory.
2 generic types of silicone eartips are included - narrow bore and wide bore. I was using the L-sized narrow-bore ones.

1000033286-01.jpeg

Now to the sound. The Wind have a highly transparent and forward sound with completely neutral tonality and crazy details. The tonality is slightly on the colder side, not much though. I used Tempotec V6 and Hiby R3 II for this assessment.
The Bass is rather lean and reserved in my opinion. Although I cannot say they are dry, because the subbass extension is nice. However, the quantity is a bit less. The midbass slams still have a relatively good impact, but overall the bass region lacks power and presence.
The Midrange is in focus here. It is highly transparent, with a very forward presence and outstanding details. Notes have a very nice bite and highly defined edges. But all those details might become a bit fatiguing in the long run. I could detect a bit of harshness and sibilance in the upper mid sections specifically. The lower mid has a neutral presence with a detail-oriented approach. I would say the musicality is sacrificed a bit to bring out the breathtaking details.
The Treble section has a similar brightness carried forward from the midrange. The lower treble is a bit forward and the upper treble is very well extended. Needless to say, there is an abundance of details here as well. The notes have highly defined sharp edges. All the details are very carefully extracted and presented. This section is very zealous but can become a bit overwhelming for treble-sensitive ears.
The Soundstage is very wide, with a nice height, but depth is the one area it suffers a bit, namely due to the forward nature of the sound. Although imaging is very sharp and precise within the headspace it creates. There is no hint of congestion as well, as the separation between the notes is very good. The layering is quite good also. Due to the lack of power in the bass, the Macrodynamics isn't that great, but the microdynamics is beautiful.

1000033287-01.jpeg

Comparison​

Vs. Oriveti OD200​

The OD200 has better accessories than Wind in my opinion. The cable is lighter, despite being 8 core, and has modular plugs. There are two different types of nozzles for two different types of sounds as well.

Buildwise, both have full metal shell, but the OD200 feels lighter, despite being larger in size than Wind. The fit of OD200 is also more comfortable and easier than Wind. The Wind needs a bit of adjustment to get the perfect fit.

Soundwise, there is a considerable difference between them. OD200 are bassier, with a relatively more laid-back, more balanced, and smoother presentation. The Wind easily produce more details and is more transparent. There is a sense of overzealous excitement in their sound - as if they are in a hurry to dissect the music and produce the finer details to the listener. They sound more analytical than musical.
The OD200, on the other hand, is completely opposite. They have a more composed sound with a more balanced approach. The tonality is neutral-warm. The bass is deeper, stronger, fuller. The midrange is fuller and more organic. The treble is placed a few steps back, and has relatively less energy, but still is very well extended and sufficiently prominent. Most importantly, they have a much bigger and more three-dimensional soundstage that is totally exhilarating. Sure, the details are not as much highlighted as the Wind, but the overall presentation is much more musical and refined.

The BQEYZ Wind will be more suitable for ears that prefer brighter and analytical tuning, and the OD200 are for those who prefer a musical and laid-back sound.

Your impressions of OD200 have finally tipped me over the edge, order placed - I've a bit of gap in my DD collection for a musical / laid-back signature - can't wait to hear them! Thanks also to @F700 for the nudge in this direction... I hope they sound as good as they look!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back