The discovery thread!
Jul 31, 2023 at 10:45 PM Post #84,152 of 103,388
Hmmm, it's 600€ in a german shop, that's a bit much but i'll look into its signature...
Very bass heavy for an all BA IEM. With no EQ they're nothing special, though the stock sound signature is certainly fun. Tone the bass down a bit with EQ and they really shine.

They're also not at all picky about source (the whole point of the FIBAE tech for which they're named), don't need much power, so great if you want to run them off literally any dongle, DAP, or straight off a phone - not that many have that option any more.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2023 at 11:03 PM Post #84,153 of 103,388
Oof, yeah, the midbass will be way too much for me. I got suggested the Moondrop S8, so i currently look into that.

Jul 31, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #84,154 of 103,388
Love the Morbid Tales/Emperor's Return release. One of my faves from the early 80's. Good choice.
Nice, a fellow fan of CF \m/. The first two albums are my favourite, Morbid Tales and To Mega Therion.

Jul 31, 2023 at 11:44 PM Post #84,155 of 103,388
How's this for a discovery?
After years of "making fun" of my obsession interest in headphones, the wife came to me head down, and confessed that she had broken her gaming headphones [again].
Now, I have a decent gaming set (HyperX Cloud Orbit S, which is basically an Audeze Mobius minus BT), which I let her know she could use anytime she wanted.
Apparently, she had "borrowed" it after her set broke and noticed how much better the headphones and mic sounded.
Said something akin to "there really is something to these nicer headphones and mic."
FINALLY!!!
<3
I was floored, but damn proud too.
She has now ordered her own pair.
Afterwards, I teased her for taking so long enough to join our side.
:)

It is still a "gaming" headphone but has audiophile DNA at it's core.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 1:03 AM Post #84,156 of 103,388
After years of "making fun" of my obsession interest in headphones, the wife came to me head down, and confessed that she had broken her gaming headphones [again].
Now, I have a decent gaming set (HyperX Cloud Orbit S, which is basically an Audeze Mobius minus BT), which I let her know she could use anytime she wanted.
Apparently, she had "borrowed" it after her set broke and noticed how much better the headphones and mic sounded.
Said something akin to "there really is something to these nicer headphones and mic."
FINALLY!!!
<3

We share 14 of fhe same IEMs, lol.

Aug 1, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #84,157 of 103,388
We share 14 of fhe same IEMs, lol.
I also have the Turbo otw, so 15 perhaps?

Also, I think the first IEM you rec'd to me years ago was the BGVP DM6. It was my first "serious" IEM. I thought it was pretty great except just sometimes a bit "hot" in the treble.
So thanks for that and all your advice @Redcarmoose !

I've been lurking around here on hf for years, slowly building my collection [mostly desktop stuff until recently].
I really got back into IEMs deeply this year after acquiring an EJ07M, which blew me away.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #84,158 of 103,388
FINALLY!!!
<3

Haha great news! Though, sometimes it may be better for friends and family to be ignorant to good sound, at least they won't be pilfering your gear.

My wife still cannot tell the difference between IEMs - she says the DUNU LUNA ($1.7K USD) sounds the same as a $5 knock off Beats night bazaar earphone. She keeps asking why I collect so many IEMs when 1 is enough. Everytime a new IEM comes in the mail, she gives the Medusa stare of death.

On the other hand, my daughter (8 years old) can tell the difference between a $1 Vido and a MidFI earbud from Smabat. I try to palm off cheap earbuds to her (kids don't take good care of expensive stuff), but she refuses those LOL. She keeps stealing my midFI earbuds to listen to her favourite songs, I think I've lost 3 - 4 earbuds to her already.

Aug 1, 2023 at 2:03 AM Post #84,159 of 103,388
And the BGVP DM6 was the first recommendation from HBB I got, after slowly getting into IEMs. Really I come from full-size headphones. Turbo should be fun! I still have the BGVP DM6, but I truly believe that they changed something with the DM6 after they got popular? Meaning the treble may be different on the early models? I literally purchased mine almost the day of HBB’s video, meaning it was before the DM6 hoopla. I’ve never heard it to have too bright of treble, and I have two pairs, which are the same? Strange?

Edit:
I’m so sorry the DM6 didn’t work out? Really wild as it’s not bright too me, at all? Though come to think about it, it does have BA timbre, really a lot. Hindsight is 20/20. Still the DM6 is good, funny how that was so popular! Hah?
I also have the Turbo otw, so 15 perhaps?

Also, I think the first IEM you rec'd to me years ago was the BGVP DM6. It was my first "serious" IEM. I thought it was pretty great except just sometimes a bit "hot" in the treble.
So thanks for that and all your advice @Redcarmoose !

I've been lurking around here on hf for years, slowly building my collection [mostly desktop stuff until recently].
I really got back into IEMs deeply this year after acquiring an EJ07M, which blew me away.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2023 at 2:05 AM Post #84,160 of 103,388
Hi there,
What is the most comfortable IEM that you know? I'm talking about the comfort as a standout feature, for those that have checked out the Campfire Audio Supermoon Universal, on that level. Almost custom fit out of the box. Sound signature is secondary, 500 bucks max, better around 300.
Second thing: Does anyone have more information about the Simphonio PB10? It's a planar + BA combo for 400 bucks, google doesn't spit out any listening results.
Cheers!
Top 3 most comfortable IEMs I've tried are the Audiosense DT200, Audiosense T800, and Aful Performer 8. It's worth noting that I haven't really tried anything above $300 or so though.

Aug 1, 2023 at 4:31 AM Post #84,162 of 103,388
Nice, a fellow fan of CF \m/. The first two albums are my favourite, Morbid Tales and To Mega Therion.
I'm with you there. Into the Pandemonium has some good cuts but I agree on the first two full lengths.

Aug 1, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #84,163 of 103,388
Aug 1, 2023 at 4:39 AM Post #84,164 of 103,388
Simgot EM6L

EM6L.jpeg

In a departure from Simgot's DD releases this year, the EM6L is a 1DD + 4BA hybrid. $109.99 USD.

From initial OOTB listening impressions, this IEM is a relatively smooth set with an expansive soundstage. More detailed listening impressions later.

Aug 1, 2023 at 5:06 AM Post #84,165 of 103,388
That’s a sexy graph!
Simgot EM6L

EM6L.jpeg

In a departure from Simgot's DD releases this year, the EM6L is a 1DD + 4BA hybrid. $109.99 USD.

From initial OOTB listening impressions, this IEM is a relatively smooth set with an expansive soundstage. More detailed listening impressions later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back