The discovery thread!
Jul 23, 2022 at 10:14 AM Post #63,946 of 100,073
New BLON releasing (again):

295010882_477444067715548_7975761430011928838_n.jpg

Called the Z200.

At least the fit looks more conventional than their previous releases. Let's hope it isn't another sidegrade.

Good oppoty? Will Driams come true?

https://www.facebook.com/blonoffici...r62ifD4ToXtBVWR3mFvMfgEqHHcTDMve6R4qn8DkzeBvl

Jul 23, 2022 at 10:28 AM Post #63,947 of 100,073
The TRI & HBB KAI

Nice review. He actually made reference to the Dark Magician and to the guy that tuned that, Ethan. Met Ethan couple of weeks ago in Singapore. Really cool guy! Trying to see if I can somehow get my hands on the Dark Magician!

Jul 23, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #63,948 of 100,073
Jul 23, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #63,949 of 100,073
So in reality, only the glue in DQ6s (the bad guy version, would not ever get such things...) not original DQ6, which are great. could be the problem.

So the graphs are the "horrible" tool after all, but why this part was swept under the carpet, and everyone continues to repeat "KZ debacle" like zombies?!

I did not have any major problem with KZ quality contril in my 50+ KZ/CCA (actually, the only appreciable problem was the earlier "QDC-type / type C " cracking, they fixed it). So KZ is great in my book, and every of their IEM have some vision/concept, not all work by far for everyone, but they give great opportunities to experience different sound sugnatures/concepts.

Actually, the commonly perpetuated mantra of "graduating from KZ" did not work for me, I learned a lot (a lot of good experience, some failures, definitely not cost-efficient overall) but KZs are my main IEMs (modified wide-nozzle ASx, AST and AS16), I worked them out.
New generation of KZ/CCA sinhle DS are really great, well beyond their under $20.

So looking forward to the new AS16 pro.
DQ6s was checked and then understood that there's this glue case. I didn't see anyone drilling in first DQ6! If there's any information smb can provide I'd be happy to read it.

I have DQ6 and I did my best to check it out from every angle to see if there's the glue issue. And I see that main DD is already located very close to the tube taking sound from small DDs. There's glue leak on the top of it. So, there might be this issue with DQ6 as well. I didn't wanna teardown and deal with that strong glue cuz eventually I'll end up with destroying the units. I'm okay with the sound.

I would never say that graphs are horrible tool at all. They provide us the information to convey an opinion. I'm glad they exist. I'm glad that we can talk about so many things just by looking at them. All I say is that it doesn't give us whole listening experience.

I believe why people still talk about KZ this way is that they stopped looking for further information and how the situation evolved in time. There's also the media factor, review sites... When there's a sensational news put it right on the top to pull more traffic and people seek excitement as well so they will come and read.

I didn't see that much news, youtube videos about the next observation that Delta Frye made for example. People made their mind very quick so it was late as well. That's why I criticized the way KZ handled the situation.

We can simply put the blame on bias. In general making a decision requires effort for the brain. When there are too many information out there it's even more confusing. Do you want the truth? Then keep reading, researching, spending your time on it until you'll make a rather better decision. It doesn't even guarantee that you'll get to the absolute truth just by consuming more and trying filtr useful ones and generating an outcome from them. Oh BTW there's an easy methodology to simply take what most of the people say and believe that. So, that what happens.

Eventually like i said they'll forget this. KZ could gain positive opinion very quickly just by simply releasing a good disrupting set of IEMs with a real crazy price. Send it to reviewers with credibility and watch the rest. It's all about how you manage your strategy...

I honestly have sympathy and hope for KZ. I've made my entry to the Chi-Fi with Xiaomi back in 2013. Later I sticked mostly with Japanese products. KZ was the company which pulled my focus back to the Chi-Fi world before it started to accelerate with the sound quality. Today what we get for what we pay is crazy. I'm looking at sub 100$ and it blows me.

Jul 23, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #63,950 of 100,073
DQ6s was checked and then understood that there's this glue case. I didn't see anyone drilling in first DQ6! If there's any information smb can provide I'd be happy to read it.

I have DQ6 and I did my best to check it out from every angle to see if there's the glue issue. And I see that main DD is already located very close to the tube taking sound from small DDs. There's glue leak on the top of it. So, there might be this issue with DQ6 as well. I didn't wanna teardown and deal with that strong glue cuz eventually I'll end up with destroying the units. I'm okay with the sound.

I would never say that graphs are horrible tool at all. They provide us the information to convey an opinion. I'm glad they exist. I'm glad that we can talk about so many things just by looking at them. All I say is that it doesn't give us whole listening experience.

I believe why people still talk about KZ this way is that they stopped looking for further information and how the situation evolved in time. There's also the media factor, review sites... When there's a sensational news put it right on the top to pull more traffic and people seek excitement as well so they will come and read.

I didn't see that much news, youtube videos about the next observation that Delta Frye made for example. People made their mind very quick so it was late as well. That's why I criticized the way KZ handled the situation.

We can simply put the blame on bias. In general making a decision requires effort for the brain. When there are too many information out there it's even more confusing. Do you want the truth? Then keep reading, researching, spending your time on it until you'll make a rather better decision. It doesn't even guarantee that you'll get to the absolute truth just by consuming more and trying filtr useful ones and generating an outcome from them. Oh BTW there's an easy methodology to simply take what most of the people say and believe that. So, that what happens.

Eventually like i said they'll forget this. KZ could gain positive opinion very quickly just by simply releasing a good disrupting set of IEMs with a real crazy price. Send it to reviewers with credibility and watch the rest. It's all about how you manage your strategy...

I honestly have sympathy and hope for KZ. I've made my entry to the Chi-Fi with Xiaomi back in 2013. Later I sticked mostly with Japanese products. KZ was the company which pulled my focus back to the Chi-Fi world before it started to accelerate with the sound quality. Today what we get for what we pay is crazy. I'm looking at sub 100$ and it blows me.
There is a video from HBB where he explains that the only difference between the DQ6 and the DQ6S is some dumpening material on the IEM output, to filter out some of the DQ6 treble peaks and boost the bass.
That is, the rest of the IEM (drivers, glue, etc) is supposed to be the same.

It may be true, or it may not be. It doesn't matter too much either.

Jul 24, 2022 at 11:22 PM Post #63,956 of 100,073
Jul 25, 2022 at 3:05 AM Post #63,958 of 100,073
Mofastest Trio? Did you mean crap or trap?

Yeah they have that valley of trap as well, but actually they are not that crap, they have good technicalities as great layering and imaging despite smooth trebles. It is one of the cheapest EST you can try, and have ok EST implementation on treble extension, but they lack of bite because of the valley of trap. They should boost 6khz properly and the dip is too much also. THe bass raise also good, but driver capability is just OK for me, thus lead the bass isn't great of midfi class. They need decent source to be shine, and pair it with pure silver cable does the job right to make it more sparkling and and bitey. I still can't recommended it per se, they are just what they are on their price. But if someone want to hear EST on budget, the mofasest trio is one of the cheapest that you can grab, and only you like smooth presentation.

FR by DynamicEars - Mofasest Trio.jpg

Jul 25, 2022 at 3:11 AM Post #63,959 of 100,073
TRN ST5

4BA + 1DD Hybrid Drivers Reference-grade In-Ear Monitor

• Beryllium-coated 10mm dual-magnet dynamic driver
  • Custom tweeter + midrange combination balanced armature
  • Aviation-grade magnesium alloy housing
trn-st5-01.jpg

Coming Soon...

Beryllium diaphragm unit

The sound quality is naturally good

The rare metal-coated beryllium diaphragm material is used.

Using the rigidity and thinness of the beryllium-plated diaphragm material, TRN ST5 presents a crisp and delicate low frequency.

This earphones creates a natural sound quality.

trn-st5-02.jpg

Strength combination

Four BA units on each side

TRN ST5 is equipped with 2x30095 high-frequency BA units and 2x50060 medium-frequency BA units. It covers the complete sound range through exquisite physical and electronic frequency division technology.

trn-st5-03.jpg

Low-frequency part

10mm beryllium-plated vibrating waist moving coil Po Yuan. The low-frequency reverberation dives deeper and presents a stronger;

Medium-frequency part

Two sets of 50060 BA units make the middle frequency more full, and the sound field is wider.

High-frequency part

Liwei 2x30095 BA Peng Yuan has a wide sound field and powerful space, and the sound is crisp and clear.

Jul 25, 2022 at 4:24 AM Post #63,960 of 100,073
TRN ST5

4BA + 1DD Hybrid Drivers Reference-grade In-Ear Monitor

• Beryllium-coated 10mm dual-magnet dynamic driver
  • Custom tweeter + midrange combination balanced armature
  • Aviation-grade magnesium alloy housing

Coming Soon...

Beryllium diaphragm unit

The sound quality is naturally good

The rare metal-coated beryllium diaphragm material is used.

Using the rigidity and thinness of the beryllium-plated diaphragm material, TRN ST5 presents a crisp and delicate low frequency.

This earphones creates a natural sound quality.

Strength combination

Four BA units on each side

TRN ST5 is equipped with 2x30095 high-frequency BA units and 2x50060 medium-frequency BA units. It covers the complete sound range through exquisite physical and electronic frequency division technology.

Low-frequency part

10mm beryllium-plated vibrating waist moving coil Po Yuan. The low-frequency reverberation dives deeper and presents a stronger;

Medium-frequency part

Two sets of 50060 BA units make the middle frequency more full, and the sound field is wider.

High-frequency part

Liwei 2x30095 BA Peng Yuan has a wide sound field and powerful space, and the sound is crisp and clear.
I can't say much about the IEM. But, that photo with BAs in the bottom is one of the most gorgeous looking presentation I've ever seen. Good job whoever done that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back