The discovery thread!
Feb 9, 2022 at 3:48 AM Post #61,726 of 102,415
You are one of the minority reviewers to have heard both sets (Oxygen and Olina), so at least we can trust your assessment, and thanks for that.

However, a lot of the hype for the Olina on social media/FB are from other reviewers/first adopters who have not even heard the Oxygen (but claim the Olina sounds the same as the Oxygen, just because the graphs and drivers are purportedly the same). Some are also blindly recommending the Olina without first having heard it. Personally I think that's rather unsafe, to recommend to others something you have never heard.

I fully agree with you.

Im not into social media audio, but I can only imagine the circlejerking...

Let's hope Linsoul starts shipping them this week 🙏

Feb 9, 2022 at 5:57 AM Post #61,727 of 102,415
If you're looking for a high quality headphone with good comfort, a smooth, yet impactful sound, tons of details, and one that is pocket-friendly, then Linsoul Audio and BLON prepared something for you, with their WGZBLON BL-B60, or Blon B60 as it is called by most.

Comparisons with 3 other interesting headphones included, also my personal feelings on this 50mm dynamic driver headphone~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/02/blon-bl-b60-dynamic-headphones-low-notes-jumping.html

Blon-B60-WGZBLON-B-60-Headphones-Dynamic-Entry-Level-Affordable-Chifi-Comfy-Review-Audiophile-...jpg

Feb 9, 2022 at 1:08 PM Post #61,728 of 102,415
My current vote goes to Moondrop Aria 2021 and Dunu Titan S.

The Aria is very well balanced with good tonality and timbre, though maybe it isn't the most technical. Though there are many reports of the paint chipping/bubbling off the shell, but the Aria's anime waifu packaging makes up for that (right?).

The Titan S is a rare neutral bright IEM, good mix of technicalities, timbre and tonality. It is a more refined version of the Heart Mirror (a similar neutral bright IEM) and beats the Heart Mirror in most departments, being not so peaky and also with better bass extension and better timbre. Titan S is also easier to drive, though in terms of technicalities they are on par (Titan S has better soundstage).

Tin T3 Plus is quite decent, but is held back by a one noted undefined boomy bass.

I haven't tried the Tripowin Olina, but this set is on a massive hype-train on Facebook and social media, purportedly it graphs similarly and uses the same driver as the Oxygen. Well the same driver claim needs to be verified independently, as a lot of CHIFI are claiming beryllium drivers or the latest hyped novel materials, but on the shell being taken apart, some were noted to have fake claims: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bgv...d-new-ba-series.894331/page-327#post-15987274

Even if given the benefit of doubt and assuming the drivers and graphs are similar, between the Oxygen and the Olina, the shells are different. The shell size, nozzle sizing, shell material, dampers, position of drivers etc all affect resonances and will affect the sound. The Oxygen has a very short nozzle for instance, which supposedly has a part in the sound (the guy who tuned the Oxygen also tuned the BLON BL-03 which has a short nozzle). So same driver doesn't mean same sound if the implementation is different.

And even if 2 graphs look similar, graphs don't tell the full story. There are some components such as timbral accuracy, imaging, dynamics, micro-details, instrument separation that cannot be gleaned from a standard FR graph.

I realize a lot of the first reviewers of the Olina on social media haven't heard the Oxygen themselves. They say it graphs similarly and has the same drivers as the Oxygen ya, but that's third hand information, nothing beats hearing the IEMs themselves and doing an A/B comparison. Personally, I think it is unsafe to give a recommendation on the Olina sounding the same as the Oxygen if one hasn't heard the Oxygen, graphs aside (I also see a lot of people on social media recommending Olina without hearing it before). Anyway, just my 2 cents, but best to wait for more consumer reviews to filter out regarding the Olina, there seems to be a review embargo until 10th feb.
Someone call out that misleading comparison between Olina and Oxy. And that "reviewer" doesn't even test out the Oxy yet. That quite a presumptuous and a blatant lie to declare both IEMs are similarly tuned.

Feb 9, 2022 at 1:12 PM Post #61,729 of 102,415
You are one of the minority reviewers to have heard both sets (Oxygen and Olina), so at least we can trust your assessment, and thanks for that.

However, a lot of the hype for the Olina on social media/FB are from other reviewers/first adopters who have not even heard the Oxygen (but claim the Olina sounds the same as the Oxygen, just because the graphs and drivers are purportedly the same). Some are also blindly recommending the Olina without first having heard it. Personally I think that's rather unsafe, to recommend to others something you have never heard.
I agree, I saw a lot of them recommending it without fully knowledge about it, sadly that those people are from my country.

Feb 9, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #61,730 of 102,415
Need help guys !

I'm facing issue with my Titan S. I have only had it for 3 days and it was fine in the beginning. But now left channel went significantly quiet. Center is off to the right. Bass is more on the right and less on the left. Detail retrieval seems better on the right and left side suffers distortion in the high frequencies especially in drum kicks.

I tried sucking in on the left side and it did help, but the more I listen to it, the more it gets quieter on the left side and everything shifts to the right. So sucking in actually does help, it makes it perfectly center. But within 10 minutes of listening it goes way off center to the right channel, losing detail every second.

Can you guys please tell me any fix for this ? Could this be a moisture issue ? I tried leaving it in a dry place for a day. But it didn't fix.
Contact the dealer from whom purchased. Get a replacement. Sorry I can’t suggest more.

Feb 9, 2022 at 9:36 PM Post #61,731 of 102,415
I agree, I saw a lot of them recommending it without fully knowledge about it, sadly that those people are from my country.
I just few weeks ago get to aware on FB audio group since i don't exist on FB other than to get FB ID for other websites.
I was looking for ZEX Pro information at the time.

And dude, its feels like bunch of Hype man and people talking out of their asses. Then google takes me to 4Chan-tech-IEMs board which full of edgelords...
After all that, it feels that i take this place/head-fi for granted.

Feb 10, 2022 at 12:50 AM Post #61,733 of 102,415
Feb 10, 2022 at 12:55 AM Post #61,735 of 102,415
Just chiming in with what i have from the list:

1)final e3000 is very nice, and sound as u described. Just a note to add, it's pretty power hungry. With my qudelix 5k,i need to push it nearly 70% of volume on Performance mode.

2)sony mh755 is very good, unfortunately lots of fake. Personally enjoy it more than bl-03.
I enjoy the MH755. The short cable is lame, but I got a very high quality extension cable that actually enhances the sound even more, but I just wish the treble was just a tad bit more airy and extended, and it would be a BEAST! Still, an excellent cheapo with the Sony house sound.

Feb 10, 2022 at 12:56 AM Post #61,736 of 102,415
Dsnuts owns Audiobudget!? COOL. It's too bad it didn't go farther. :*(
No. That guy got banned from head-fi. I mean DS created a thread for old school IEM's.

Feb 10, 2022 at 1:13 AM Post #61,738 of 102,415
I enjoy the MH755. The short cable is lame, but I got a very high quality extension cable that actually enhances the sound even more, but I just wish the treble was just a tad bit more airy and extended, and it would be a BEAST! Still, an excellent cheapo with the Sony house sound.
Thats great. 👍

The one i got, comes with extended cable, given free by the seller,so it's all good. But i still use the short cable cuz it's perfect for my case since I'm using qudelix 5k and clip it to my shirt. So the length is just right.

I agree. It's a very cheap way to enjoy signature Sony sound that is good. Not all sony product sound good imo 😅.

Feb 10, 2022 at 1:14 AM Post #61,739 of 102,415
I just few weeks ago get to aware on FB audio group since i don't exist on FB other than to get FB ID for other websites.
I was looking for ZEX Pro information at the time.

And dude, its feels like bunch of Hype man and people talking out of their asses. Then google takes me to 4Chan-tech-IEMs board which full of edgelords...
After all that, it feels that i take this place/head-fi for granted.
Well, you know the feeling of these lads when they received their first review units. :)

Feb 10, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #61,740 of 102,415
No. That guy got banned from head-fi. I mean DS created a thread for old school IEM's.
I'm confused. I know Audio budget, (Igor Eisberg) but I didn't know about a previous thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back