The discovery thread!
Feb 10, 2022 at 5:06 AM Post #61,742 of 106,204
Feb 10, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #61,744 of 106,204
This week I got more to review from Linsoul Audio than before, but the TRN VX PRO is truly worth your attention if you're looking for an analytical, detailed and bright sound with a good bass too. More info about their rather large size, comparisons with other IEMs, and pairings, as well as my personal feelings on them in today's full written review of this full metallic IEM~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/02/trn-vx-pro-chifi-iems-brightest-shape-of-metal.html

TRN-VX-PRO-IEMs-Chifi-Linsoul-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-9-Drivers-18.jpg

Feb 10, 2022 at 7:49 PM Post #61,745 of 106,204
Feb 10, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #61,746 of 106,204
Check out my take on KZ x HBB DQ6S as a musician!! Thanks!!

Feb 10, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #61,748 of 106,204
Feb 11, 2022 at 12:33 AM Post #61,749 of 106,204
Feb 11, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #61,750 of 106,204
So, I got the esteemed Audio Hekili from a friend for a quick listen…sadly I was with it for less than 12 hours, however, with what little time it was in my ears, it left a positive impression.

Let’s talk about the sound first (Shanling M3X balanced out, low gain) - Hekili produces a very transparent sound with utmost clarity while providing a nice low end slam. The stage is significantly huge, with width a bit more than depth, and exceptional layering. Notes are very crisp and clean, while the sharpness is kept at bay - that’s a really nice display of tuning there.
Treble is very well extended and does not feel brittle - there are no uncomfortable peaks anywhere in this range. The same goes for upper mid range also. I am quite sensitive to Upper mid - Lower treble peaks, and I can confirm that never once I felt any discomfort while listening to Yao Si Ting - Scarborough Fair, or Poets Of The Fall - The Ballad of Jeremiah Peacekeeper (Mike Saaresto’s voice has some real edgy moments here that might sound a bit grating.)
Low end has also just enough emphasis in them so as not to sound lacking. Low end extends well, slams have enough body, but do not interfere with the mids. A very clean and balanced presentation.

However, therein lies the problem also. The tuning is so safe and by the book that it fails to develop a character and engage my heart. Low end can be heard, but not be felt. Subbass rumbles do not move enough air in spite of the good extension. The midrange feels too neutral - vocals do not have that throaty presence or weight to feel natural. Instruments are clean and detailed, however, again lacks the physical touch. But, I must emphasise - these are purely based on individual preference, and of late I have been heavily skewed towards the DD tonality, and hence BA notes do not satisfy me any more. But for those who can still enjoy BA sound, I can assure I have not yet heard a better set than the Hekili. In fact, from memory, I think it also outclasses the FH5s pro. With a cable change, it can do even more wonder. The separation, air between notes, open, wide and sufficiently deep stage with very good imaging - yep, it captures the heart at the first listen.

Against the IMR Splash Of Red, the Hekili has a more open and wide and deep presentation, while SOR feels a bit more intimate and small. However, imaging prowess is quite comparable between them. SOR low and midrange notes feel a bit more thick and natural than Hekili, while Hekili has a more refined high frequency presentation with sufficient energy but less peaks. Detail-wise I did not feel one lagging behind the other. SOR most certainly has a more coloured sound than Hekili, but that is what I love about it.

20220210_111937.jpg

Feb 11, 2022 at 3:10 AM Post #61,751 of 106,204
Feb 11, 2022 at 6:56 AM Post #61,752 of 106,204
Howdy, music lovers! I want to share my full written review on HIFIMAN Electronics Ananda Planar Magnetic Headphones!!

I made comparisons with 5 other high-end headphones, as well as pairings with three top sources, and this is the first review with the new face of Audiophile-Heaven

There are good headphones out there, and there are epic ones, which enter history as some of the best ever made, and Ananda is one of those. It is outstanding in refinement, has a warm, yet wide and airy midrange, a deep bass, and tons of details, being among the most recommended headphones regardless of your current setup.

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/02/hifiman-ananda-headphones-sweet-mids-huge-stage.html

HIFIMAN-Ananda-Planar-Magnetic-Over-The-Ear-Headphones-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-15.jpg

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:09 PM Post #61,754 of 106,204
For those who want a really high quality DAP with a beautiful sound, but for a midrange price, Shanling designed their M3X, the X music player with awesome aesthetics, and good versatility. A few years ago, FiiO used to dominate the midrange market for DAPs, but now it is Shanling who keeps coming with awesome designs and beautiful sounds, so I hope my video review brings you joy this weekend, and don't forget to leave a comment if you have questions, as I'm always around to help~

Feb 11, 2022 at 5:22 PM Post #61,755 of 106,204
A few years ago, FiiO used to dominate the midrange market for DAPs, but now it is Shanling who keeps coming with awesome designs and beautiful sounds.
My Fiio M3K doesn't sound good with ChiFi earphones. :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back