The discovery thread!
Sep 18, 2021 at 6:28 AM Post #60,182 of 100,659
Just uploaded my Hisenior T2 Classic review.

Link: https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hisenior-t2-classic.25405/reviews#review-26828 20210918_145132_HDR.jpg

Sep 18, 2021 at 6:30 AM Post #60,183 of 100,659
It's not hard to wait but it's quite cheap, even cheaper comparing to gk10. Additionally, they sell in the country that I'm living so I pulled the trigger. I think you should be thankful that some people buy for the team and later share their opinions here. Graph doesn't reflect the full listening experience. If it's bad, It's my problem not yours...
Only joking, of course I always appreciate the feedback:ok_hand:

Sep 18, 2021 at 7:45 AM Post #60,184 of 100,659
Sep 18, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #60,185 of 100,659
I don't know if this "discovery" fits this thread, I'm only thinking of posting this here because this is where i frequently go in this website. So if someone can direct me to a more appropriate thread, do let me know :ksc75smile:

As a back story, i really dislike the sound of my earphones bumping/scraping each other when i'm handling or storing them, especially the metal build ones, as i like to take care of them and trying not to get them chipped or dented.

so i was with my kid when he was browsing some online marketplace, and i saw those "finger socks" that people are using for mobile gaming, and i suddenly got a wild theory to test.. it was really cheap (like $ 0.15 a pair in my country), buying one wouldn't make any sense to the delivery fee, so i bought like a dozen of them.

here's what they looked like on my earphones (see if you can guess them when covered up:sweat_smile:)

it works surprisingly well to my expectation. the material is strechy enough to even fit four of my fingers inside them, so for the earphones it is a very nice fit.

it looks a bit weird, because of the longer form making it have some extra excess "ears" for the IEMs. i could trim them or roll them a bit, but i don't want the extra hassle,and it's easier to grab when i want to remove them.

So yeah.. it is a bit of a weird experiment from me, just throwing it here in case someone elsemight find it useful and wants to try it out, or even improve on this idea.
Hey,
that is a great discovery,
do they stay on or slip often?
I wish they have a string or something to hold thightly,

something like this maybe,
bet then it become too bulky,
images (8).jpeg

Sep 18, 2021 at 9:06 AM Post #60,186 of 100,659
Hey,

That reminds me of the draw string bag I got with the thinksound ts02. Speaking of which, has anyone heard the new models? Comparisons??

Sep 18, 2021 at 9:38 AM Post #60,187 of 100,659
Hey,

images (8).jpeg

i haven't experienced them slipping off, because the outer rim (the colored band) also have elastic bands to prevent them from slipping, like regular socks. also the material is more like cotton, so it hugs/grip the earphones a little bit.

Sep 18, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #60,189 of 100,659
It looks very well thought out.
I don't know about that. This thing begs to be carried on your belt, but apparently it doesn't come with a belt clip like the BTR5 does. Furthermore, unless the volume knob is quite stiff, carrying it in your pocket may result in unwanted volume changes. Finally, after the outright untrue statements regarding the hip-dac's battery life, I would take any declarations of operating time from IFI with a huge handful of salt. I honestly doubt the 450 mAh battery this device comes with allow 10 hours of operation.

Sep 18, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #60,190 of 100,659
I don't know about that. This thing begs to be carried on your belt, but apparently it doesn't come with a belt clip like the BTR5 does. Furthermore, unless the volume knob is quite stiff, carrying it in your pocket may result in unwanted volume changes. Finally, after the outright untrue statements regarding the hip-dac's battery life, I would take any declarations of operating time from IFI with a huge handful of salt. I honestly doubt the 450 mAh battery this device comes with allow 10 hours of operation.
Having used the BTR5 since launch, I consider all but one of your points valid points. My one reservation lies not with your understandable scepticism but with not giving IFI the benefit of doubt that they may have learnt from the Hip-dac problem.

Not a pinch of salt but a handful? Ouch!

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2021 at 6:38 PM Post #60,191 of 100,659
Having used the BTR5 since launch, I consider all but one of your points valid points. My one reservation lies not with your understandable scepticism but with not giving IFI the benefit of doubt that they may have learnt from the Hip-dac problem.
Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but until that happens I reserve the right to mistrust iFi's statements regarding battery life.

Sep 19, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #60,192 of 100,659
Honestly I would wait for the new APTX Lossless codec before buying a bluetooth dongle,

Sep 19, 2021 at 3:24 AM Post #60,193 of 100,659
Wow, this GoBlu actually have like twice the 3.5mm power output compared to BTR5.
but it also have smaller battery at 450mAh compared to Fiio 500mAh.

So like half of the battery life of "just adequate" BTR5?

Also i wonder how Cirrus logic CS43131 vs Dual ES9218PC ?

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 4:01 AM Post #60,194 of 100,659
Honestly I would wait for the new APTX Lossless codec before buying a bluetooth dongle,
But it has LDAC, which at a high bitrate is excellent. Having used ATPX HD in many ways for years and LDAC too, LDAC is definitely superior to my ears. Lossless APTX will need headphones with new chips and pretty good Bluetooth conditions and aerials.

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2021 at 4:38 AM Post #60,195 of 100,659

Not a pinch of salt but a handful? Ouch!

Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but until that happens I reserve the right to mistrust iFi's statements regarding battery life.

I find the iFi Hip-DAC an excellent sounding source for streaming Tidal and Amazon HD and don't have a problem with battery life. Sad to see very good sounding amps all being tarnished with the same brush. I really like my Hip-Dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back