The discovery thread!
Sep 28, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #60,376 of 99,743
Shozy's blackhole is about as open back as an iem can get and so is the blackhole mini
Shozy-Black-Hole-1.jpg

Not my image just one of the ol Google machine image search

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 12:38 AM Post #60,377 of 99,743
Just couple words cause of language wall.
Like NX7 MK3 alot. Bass is the fastest i ever heard, pretty much detailed, not the deepest though. Oh10 much deepeer and punch is heavier, but slower. Mids are recessed. Can't tell I'm missing them, but it's a bit upset and you can feel it easily by comparing. Highs. They are just WOW, pearl of these iems. Crystal, lengthy. Acoustic/electro guitars, plates, piaono are fantastic! Soundstage stage is pretty ok for me, i was afraid it could be worse cause i was reeding here. Fitting is very good, they are very light.
Can't tell they are everyday iems, I'm getting tired of that agressive sound. But they are wonderful for fast and hard tracks.
YAY! Someone else who took the time to buy the NX7 mk III and not listen to the armchair audioholics. They are amazing for the price, are extremely technical, and yes, that dual CNT bass is just fast as lightning. Great for metal and hard rock.

Sep 28, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #60,378 of 99,743
YAY! Someone else who took the time to buy the NX7 mk III and not listen to the armchair audioholics. They are amazing for the price, are extremely technical, and yes, that dual CNT bass is just fast as lightning. Great for metal and hard rock.
how do NX7 MK3 compare to GK10?

edit. find your comparison in older posts, thanks!!!

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2021 at 2:49 AM Post #60,379 of 99,743
Just got shipped BGVP DH5 today and very confuced now cause of this impression:

Yay! Another person who watches Akros's videos!

The graph That BGVP posted in their listings for the DH5 scared me off. Way too much ripple in the upper mids and treble for me to want to sink the money into them. A real shame, since their build quality does look excellent and the price isn't outrageous for a 1+4. Given that he's usually pretty generous with his assessment of IEMs, for him to straight-out say that he doesn't like one, it must have really been a poor performer. I'm hoping they'll try again in that price range with a different selection of BA drivers, since their build quality does seem to be the real deal.

Sep 28, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #60,381 of 99,743
Sep 28, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #60,385 of 99,743
Quick notes on the Moondrop KATO...still testing and comparing...

Super coherent, everything well measured, absolutely superb overall presentation. Way more cohesive/homogeneous than the Starfield (=KXXS).

Not the punchiest bass but realistically dosed; so-called audiophiles will love it for being realistic. The boom-boom guys will not. Tighter low end than Starfield.

Mids finally not thin and neutral anymore. Body and temperature added to match the bass. Superb vocals presentation, absolutely natural. No shoutiness.

Treble: sweet with good extension.

Stage: deep, tall, I am not sure it is wider than average, but it is certainly not outright narrow.

In summary: biggest traits are the homogenous presentation and sugar mids, I much prefer the KATO over the ($800) Moondrop Illumination and ($700) Cayin Fantasy...which is subjective.

I used the KATO for several hours yesterday and did not want to take them out of my ears...which rarely happens. Good synergy with AudioQuest DragonFly Cobalt and Earstudio HUD100.

I think Moondrop have raised the bar in the <$200 segment.

242536527_10227131192244806_6463454533594740838_n.jpg
Im curious do you have the hana 2021 or the oxygen to compare?

Sep 29, 2021 at 4:41 AM Post #60,387 of 99,743
how do NX7 MK3 compare to GK10?

edit. find your comparison in older posts, thanks!!!
Though they are similar in details, the MK 3 has clearer mids, while the bass is faster and more resolving. Mid bass bloat is non existent with mk III, while GK10 has a bit of bloat on some DAPS, and with certain units. Treble extension just a tad more on mk III, but they are quite competitive when running GK10 balanced.

Sep 29, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #60,388 of 99,743
Though they are similar in details, the MK 3 has clearer mids, while the bass is faster and more resolving. Mid bass bloat is non existent with mk III, while GK10 has a bit of bloat on some DAPS, and with certain units. Treble extension just a tad more on mk III, but they are quite competitive when running GK10 balanced.
thanks again, that's pretty much as expected given the price difference and the fact that mk3 is the third iteration of nx7.
let's see what geek wold will do with gk100...

Sep 29, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #60,390 of 99,743
:astonished: 898Yuan = US$139 pricelist!, wireless (aptX-HD) and wired planar
some impressions
"So, in the end, I used this wireless headset as a wired headset. The sound sources were AK KANN CUBE and THX Onyx tail. Both musics have relatively good thrust performance, especially the latter (after all, the price of the two is equivalent), after connecting to STAX SPIRIT S3, it shows an effect that exceeds my expectations:
The dynamic performance of the earphones has taken a step overall, with high-frequency transparency and fineness (although somewhat tough), and mid-range frequencies have become more prominent to enhance the human voice. The most important thing is that the low frequency not only maintains good elasticity, but also significantly improves the depth and sense of volume! I even feel that this low-frequency performance is completely different from the "flat diaphragm" in my impression, and even has the charm of a high-end dynamic coil. At the same time, the slightly fine sound field of STAX SPIRIT S3 in the wireless state is also opened. Although the overall sound field is still not very open, the three-dimensional sense and front and rear levels of the sound field are quite complete."
-Sina Zhongce

Users who are viewing this thread

Back