The discovery thread!
Sep 2, 2020 at 11:35 AM Post #49,666 of 103,301
Yeah, there are others like it including that. Not a new concept. I remember when the rumblepak for the N64 first came out.... Sort of gimmicky, yes, but also sort of neat.

Sort of.

Intensity wise it can get quite strong and deep, but it is fairly localized to the area you wear the transducer. For me, I will always wear it on my chest. The haptic feedback can also feel a bit loose or sloppy compared to the accuracy and naturalness of actual soundwaves.

No comment, just want to see this over and over....
Cool device.

Sep 2, 2020 at 12:47 PM Post #49,667 of 103,301
IMG_20200903_000507292.jpg

Taking a fresh dose of budget-fi enjoyment :)

Sep 2, 2020 at 3:26 PM Post #49,669 of 103,301
I wouldn't be in this hobby if it wasn't for |joker|.
Joker was awesome. don't get me wrong. he steered me to some great earphones in those early days, and the first reviewer i would seek out would be him and CleOS (SP?. I'm just saying that regardless, you gotta find someone with your ears in sound signature, or you'll end up with those kind of misses.

Sep 2, 2020 at 4:04 PM Post #49,670 of 103,301

Taking a fresh dose of budget-fi enjoyment :)
Lol, sertraline actually makes me super agitated (been on fluoxetine for years and years). Clonazapam is the way to go, or even better, THC.....

I don't know these old reviewers at all.... I just know that I don't trust many of today's reviewers. Too many guys trying to make a living on it and/or thinking they're the end all be all of audio.

Sep 2, 2020 at 4:38 PM Post #49,671 of 103,301
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07T3J8TZ5?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

So yesterday for a laugh, ordered with a fresh pair of Zs10 Pro, I picked this pair of mmcx monitors for just over a tenner, partly because I just loved the wood grain look.
Not expecting a great deal whatsoever I've actually yet to get these things out my ears!
Dual dynamic driver, I Think I was expecting something really cheap with tons of bass and no clarity whatsoever! These are actually splendidly balanced. OK they're not high end by any means but seriously I'm impressed, bit like a Shure 315 with a touch more body in the bass department and more detailed.
Plus they come with a nice little carry bag, and of course the option to change cables.
Love it when a plan comes together.
Excellent.

Sep 2, 2020 at 9:44 PM Post #49,674 of 103,301
Paired the Trio with the new Hiby R6 Pro today...stunning synergy. Musicality becomes much more engaging thanks to improved imaging & sound-stage....plus MSEB dramatically improves mids & sparkle...colour me impressed! :)
You get all stocked up on 4.4mm cables yet? Balanced is the only way to fly with Hiby, the power difference is absurd... I've actually stopped using the EQ fully and do all tweaks through MSEB so as not to mess with the power (dropping the gain in EQ to allow for the boosts I want affects quality to much unlike MSEB). Those MSEB sliders sure are fun, and sound quality isn't usually impacted until +-50 or so (with a couple exceptions).

Enjoy the new gear! Hard to go back from it one you have it. Have fun!

Sep 2, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #49,675 of 103,301
You get all stocked up on 4.4mm cables yet? Balanced is the only way to fly with Hiby, the power difference is absurd... I've actually stopped using the EQ fully and do all tweaks through MSEB so as not to mess with the power (dropping the gain in EQ to allow for the boosts I want affects quality to much unlike MSEB). Those MSEB sliders sure are fun, and sound quality isn't usually impacted until +-50 or so (with a couple exceptions).

Enjoy the new gear! Hard to go back from it one you have it. Have fun!

wish ibasso have that similarly MSEB tweaks

Sep 2, 2020 at 11:02 PM Post #49,676 of 103,301
congrats on your brave moves, what EST that they are using? Driver configuration is unique on these sets. How is the mid section?
I think they use Sonion EST, by the look of that. With about 25 hours on them, they keep changing. Now mids became thick and more 3-dimentional.
It sounds like 7mm driver is affected by burn in but it takes longer for it to break-in. In the low mids it helps 11mm DD to make vocals intoxicating. It's not just 3d but good DD tonality - what makes Miracle different from something like another very competent IEM - Trio. I like Trio for rock and complex and busy tracks. Lush mid-bass of Miracle feels a little loose occasionally, where Trio plows with ease. I believe that at least for now, - sub-bass even on LZ A6mini is better, not even talking about stellar sub of Trio. From sub-bass through mid-bass, that is not recessed, like in Trio, the transition to high mids appears smooth. There I notice ESTs taking over with ethereal airy treble.
I noticed that in the description of EJ7 & ST7 it's advertised that female vocals will sound especially good. It's also true with Miracle, I guess EST are doing their job.
Acoustic is absolutely addictive with Miracle. I found myself listening to the same songs multiple times today, just couldn't get enough. At some point had to stop and switch to podcasts, as music became to distracting at work. It has lush and thick lows and mids reminiscent of H40, but smoother. Mesmerizing.
After burn-in, Synergy with Hiby came back. Love it now with both DX160 and R5.

1599098835719.png

I might try an LZ again. They just left a bad taste in my mouth with a BA dieing on me from my A5. Never experienced a BA dieing on me even from much cheaper earphones. Looking forward to see how the A7 turns out.
A5 was collecting water condensate and apparently components inside were not protected by coating/epoxy. Mine failed within Amazon return window, so I was lucky. Still bought A6mini - figured that simple DD+Piezo design should be hard to screw-up. Waiting for A7 as well. I wonder if that mind-bending soundstage of Miracle can be beat.

Sep 3, 2020 at 12:50 AM Post #49,677 of 103,301
wish ibasso have that similarly MSEB tweaks

Nothing proprietary about MSEB, it’s still an equalizer but perhaps done in a more user friendly manner. Since I generally read only positive comments about HiBy’s approach, iBasso and others may license to include it or come up with their own version that accomplishes the same result. I believe Hidizs adopted MSEB on its new AP80 Pro.

The truly cool feature about MSEB on HiBy daps is system wide capability. Love that!

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #49,678 of 103,301
i love it. no having to mess with parametic EQ or presets. nah. gimme MSEB or gimme dea---nothing! lol

Sep 3, 2020 at 2:12 AM Post #49,679 of 103,301
i love it. no having to mess with parametic EQ or presets. nah. gimme MSEB or gimme dea---nothing! lol
I'm actually curious now about the puzzle to turn the GL20's extremely wonky's no bass and no treble default tuning using MSEB into whatever tuning you like.

For example: Here's what Crinacle's published EQ settings for the GL20 look like:

Low shelf: 100Hz, +5dB
Peak: 700Hz, 3.0Q, -4dB
Peak: 1200Hz, 1.1Q, -5.5dB
Peak: 2600Hz, 1.7Q, +9.5dB
Peak: 5300Hz, 1.6Q, +16dB
Preamp: -16dB

Which SEEMS to tune it to somewhat resemble his own Fearless x Crinacle Dawn tuning.

How much simpler is using MSEB to get the specified EQ settings above?

Or maybe someone could show me an Oratory1990 example instead.

Sep 3, 2020 at 6:47 AM Post #49,680 of 103,301
Short Keyword comparison between ISN D02 and iBasso it00.

Quick comparison between ISN D02 and iBasso it00. The D02 is not burned in yet. Wanted to hear them from HiBy R5, 4.4mm. I've changed the cables. The iBasso it00 now has a 4.4mm silver litz. The ISN D02 a copper 8 core 4.4mm. They are quite different and complementary. The iBasso it00 has Clarity, Warmth, Organic, Good Timbre, Slightly Warm Veil. Big Sound, Rounded, Big Bass . The D02 (switch off) is Assertive, Extremely Clear, Good Timbre, Clarity, Crisp, Punchy, Edgy, Unveiled, Big Bass, Spacious. I would say they are both exceptional, and exceptional value. Price $79-$89.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back