The discovery thread!
Mar 3, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #46,621 of 100,324
[QUOTE
I suppose since getting stuff from Alexpress give or takes about 3-5 weeks of shipping time. That should in theory kill any type of virus. So hey good news that we get stuff late for once.

@CactusPete23 No need to wait for the H40 to drop in price. The demand for em are good enough to where those will never see a drop in price. @ RP price right now. They are worth every penny you spent on a set.

Plus, that assumes the part being sent was manufactured and handled the day before shipping. Maybe it was weeks or months earlier, boxed up and put on a shelf, way before this Wuhan threat. I’m guessing these places have inventory and stock, and typically don’t make to order like Burger King.

The H40 is a delight right out of the box.

Mar 3, 2020 at 10:05 AM Post #46,622 of 100,324
Speaking of the ISN H40. You guys will get it here first. ISN has finished the design and tuning of their next project. Called the ISN D10. Single dynamic and you better believe it will set the standard for dynamics in the sub $200 range. I got word it will compete easily with $300 plus iems. Will be going for $175. Will let you guys know more as the project finalizes. Will be sold on Penon Audio once launched.

In other news I got word how manufacturing is progressing out of China. Seems they have a very strict new way of reporting to work. China is not only quaranteeing anyone that is affected from the virus but the entire building that person lives at also disinfecting the entire building. Even more stricter to get to work and back. Everyone has to sanitize in order to work at all for example.

As crazy as this may sound. It might actually be more safe to purchase out of China now than ever has in the past.

So while I can understand the hesitation for purchasing out of China. China right now is not the problem. You should be more worried about what is happening around where you live.

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 12:44 PM Post #46,623 of 100,324
Speaking of the ISN H40. You guys will get it here first. ISN has finished the design and tuning of their next project. Called the ISN D10. Single dynamic and you better believe it will set the standard for dynamics in the sub $200 range. I got word it will compete easily with $300 plus iems. Will be going for $175. Will let you guys know more as the project finalizes. Will be sold on Penon Audio once launched.

In other news I got word how manufacturing is progressing out of China. Seems they have a very strict new way of reporting to work. China is not only quaranteeing anyone that is affected from the virus but the entire building that person lives at also disinfecting the entire building. Even more stricter to get to work and back. Everyone has to sanitize in order to work at all for example.

As crazy as this may sound. It might actually be more safe to purchase out of China now than ever has in the past.

So while I can understand the hesitation for purchasing out of China. China right now is not the problem. You should be more worried about what is happening around where you live.
Will wait for the new ISN to be reviewed. Meanwhile, bought the UrbanFun yesterday and it already shipped. My Shozy was shipped by Linsoul the day after I put an order, and got it after a week (the fastest shipped item I've ever got from China).

Mar 3, 2020 at 1:07 PM Post #46,625 of 100,324
It seems shipping sector has been in full swing. Speaking of new purchases. I put in my order of the DUNU LUNA last night.

Got word it is a good one. Can't wait to try it out. I can't say I didn't put in my money toward the world economy.

The only thing I'm calling you is rich at $1699 a pair based on "I got Word":rolling_eyes: Just like all audio the portable realm is out of control, I mean its fine if you have the means to pay $1699 for something when you can probably get 85% of that return on something 1/10th the price! Alas to each their own:beerchug:

Mar 3, 2020 at 1:34 PM Post #46,627 of 100,324
Not knockin' it, just too rich for my blood or wallet :thinking: Enjoy them, can't beat (destroy really) a Ti shell plus a 10mm Beryllium DD may very well be the best size and material IMO:beerchug:

Mar 3, 2020 at 1:42 PM Post #46,628 of 100,324
You guys know me I am all about value and normally don't wade in the TOTL waters but it was one of those things that just happened. Got a bonus at work the wife doesn't know about. Rather have one package than several. Lol.

She knows it is coming alright. It is a review sample. No lie there.

Speaking of reviews. I am working on a review of the new to me. TSMR-4 pros. These Tansio Mirai in ears seems to ramp up with each iteration. TSMR-4 pros I got last night. Was funny as I was contemplating alcoholing the entire package due to what we dicussed yesterday Lol. No need for that nonsense. I immedately opened up the package. Started listening to them.

2 BAs for treble and 2 large 22955 BAs one for mids one for bass. Best bass out of the 3 earphones I got thus far. TSMR-3 pro I feel is the best value out of the 3 but TSMR-4 pro ramps up them Bass notes and has the better treble end to my ears.

BA sets just don't get much better than these. These are just crazy good for your money. Will be doing a full review on this one.

Mar 3, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #46,629 of 100,324
You guys know me I am all about value and normally don't wade in the TOTL waters but it was one of those things that just happened. Got a bonus at work the wife doesn't know about. Rather have one package than several. Lol.

She knows it is coming alright. It is a review sample. No lie there.

Speaking of reviews. I am working on a review of the new to me. TSMR-4 pros. These Tansio Mirai in ears seems to ramp up with each iteration. TSMR-4 pros I got last night. Was funny as I was contemplating alcoholing the entire package due to what we dicussed yesterday Lol. No need for that nonsense. I immedately opened up the package. Started listening to them.

2 BAs for treble and 2 large 22955 BAs one for mids one for bass. Best bass out of the 3 earphones I got thus far. TSMR-3 pro I feel is the best value out of the 3 but TSMR-4 pro ramps up them Bass notes and has the better treble end to my ears.

BA sets just don't get much better than these. These are just crazy good for your money. Will be doing a full review on this one.

Oh you don't have to tell me as I just told OD over in the Audio Lounge that things just seem to call out my name until I give in:scream: That's how the Solo's got me just like these Advanced M5-1D's got me last year:rolling_eyes:

Opy One M5-1D.JPG

I for sure bring new meaning to the term "Resistance is Futile", but Honey I had too:person_frowning: She knows if she lights up on me I'll have to open her closet and remind her of all the new :handbag:, :dress: and :high_heel: I see hanging around that eluded me somehow last month:smirk:

Mar 3, 2020 at 5:10 PM Post #46,630 of 100,324

So, that is the first step. That will be the dynamic in the new H40 upgrade. Tell them to just slap a mids armature and SWFK and stick with another 3 + 1, just better. Same size or even a little smaller. Maybe some colors and or different color this time as well. Perhaps the SC4 as the stock cable :)

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2020 at 10:57 PM Post #46,633 of 100,324
Meanwhile, bought the UrbanFun yesterday and it already shipped
Same here, I placed an order yesterday night for Urbanfun on UF Audio Store and they shipped them this morning. It seems the shipping activities are back, let's see how fast the shipping company will pick up and ship the units.

Mar 4, 2020 at 6:09 AM Post #46,635 of 100,324
IMG_20200303_223004_909.jpg

A local seller had these so I took advantage of it. I personally find the overall tonality to be on the neutral side but a little too matured. It lacks a little bit of soundstage compared to the ISN H40 tho. IMO, the H40 beats this Voyager 3 in terms of dynamics and soundstage

Users who are viewing this thread

Back