The discovery thread!
Feb 26, 2020 at 10:02 AM Post #46,606 of 99,334
So I got word this morning that business is trying to resume. Unfortunately it is not business a usual considering the circumstances. There should be some movement in audio out of China going forward. Penon has told me they are starting back up so expect more newer items to be sold on their site. The economy will be hit this year because of the virus that is running rampant right now.

On a more personal note I had to cancel my family vacation plans to visit the in laws in S. Korea. Unbelievable how quickly it is spreading in Korea. CDC says it is only a matter of time before it hits the U.S.

Damn.
I finally got 11/11 19 order from Linsoul! Hope your family is well in S Korea DS!
Meanwhile London shipped RAH got here in 5 daze
And is magical!!

Feb 28, 2020 at 9:50 AM Post #46,607 of 99,334
Talking to a friend, about the Faaeal Hibiscus with Bass Mod and observing the FR, he told me that it was similar to the TFZ No.3. They really do look like...

Faaeal-Hibiscus-24_resize.jpg

Faaeal Hibiscus vs TFZ No.3 Centered.png

Mar 1, 2020 at 10:45 AM Post #46,612 of 99,334
Update and this is regarding our hobby here. I have a bad feeling audio in general this year will be a miss due to what is happening. I can't see a scenario how earphones or any manufacturing can happen at full capacity any time in the near future.

It is making a world tour and it aint the type I like. You guys take care of what is important to you. You now have to wonder if it is safe to just do normal things.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #46,613 of 99,334
Has anyone tried ThieAudio's voyager series? There seems to be very little info about it

Mar 1, 2020 at 12:50 PM Post #46,614 of 99,334
Update and this is regarding our hobby here. I have a bad feeling audio in general this year will be a miss due to what is happening. I can't see a scenario how earphones or any manufacturing can happen at full capacity any time in the near future.

It is making a world tour and it aint the type I like. You guys take care of what is important to you. You now have to wonder if it is safe to just do normal things.

Yeah, High-end Munich just got cancelled and while that's a bummer, it's the right move given the current scenario. Audio and hobby takes a real back seat when people's very lives are at stake. Really hope this blows over as soon as possible.

Mar 1, 2020 at 9:08 PM Post #46,615 of 99,334

Yeah, High-end Munich just got cancelled and while that's a bummer, it's the right move given the current scenario. Audio and hobby takes a real back seat when people's very lives are at stake. Really hope this blows over as soon as possible.

Previously in 2002/2003, SARS took about 9 months to be eradicated, but this coronavirus seems to be more contagious (but less deadly) than SARS. I have a feeling the coronavirus is gonna be around for some time, and will probably be the new normal for the next few months (or maybe even longer). Even the H1N1 influenza virus that came out in 2009 in Mexico and went worldwide, is still not totally eradicated and is still circulating around even today. From reports, it seems this coronavirus causes mild symptoms in the majority of patients, but is more fatal for older folks with underlying medical conditions, and the death rate is almost comparable to some influenza viruses at 0.2% (outside China).

Compared to SARS in 2002/2003, China in 2020 now has a bigger market share of production in the world, so this will no doubt affect the global supply chain and manufacturing/production/logistics downstream for the next few months, not only in CHIFI but probably for a lot of other audio gear that is made in China (or use Chinese labour/assembly/materials). And it will also probably affect non audio gear too like other electronics, garments, toys etc.

A lot of countries are imposing travel restrictions, cancelling big events, investors are spooked and people in affected countries are spending less and going out less. Jobs in the tourism, airline and hospitality industries are also probably gonna suffer. So in addition to the decreased output from Chinese factories, I think a recession might come this year, which is a vicious cycle that leads to less demand for audio gear, and some CHIFI companies may produce less stuff or (hopefully not) close their shutters.

Sad state of affairs, but I think in the big scheme of things, health and retaining employment is more important than audio gear. Hope the guys worldwide that are affected recover soon too!

Mar 1, 2020 at 9:38 PM Post #46,616 of 99,334
Well I suppose it is a good time to really get into the stuff you already own this year. To think chi fi was at a break neck speed this time last year. It was one new iem after another. This actually makes me grateful for the audio stuff I have.

I remember one of the more popular sayings on headfi. If I was stuck on an island I would be happy with this or that. Now we are stuck in our own homes with all the audio gears we own. This is not a bad thing. "The world is on pause." To quote James Fiio. In deed it is. I just hope there is a vaccine sooner than later. The way things are looking the virus has hit Seattle and Oregon the two places I was considering doing a road trip to since Korea is not an option. Nope that ain't gonna happen either.

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #46,617 of 99,334
We were just talking about the demise of AE and CHIFI, and hey presto, Aliexpress is having a mini sale now, called the "Trend Spotting" sale. The CHIFI companies are more resilient than what we think! Sale ends march 8th.

It doesn't look like the prices are as good as their 11/11 or Anniversary sale, but stuff is still slightly discounted. Now whether they will have logistical and delivery issues due to the coronavirus is another story though. There's also supposedly a big Anniversary sale around the end of march each year, but not sure if the show will go on with the coronavirus situation, but do consider waiting if it's not urgent as from past experience, the Anniversary sale has better coupons and better discounts.

Anyway, FWIW, these are the deals I've seen while browsing thru AE today (prices before coupons so it is potentially cheaper with stacking coupons):

1) BLON BL-03 - $24
2) BQEYZ Spring 1 - $120
3) CCA C12 - $31
4) FAAEAL Datura Pro - $25 (earbud)
5) KBEAR Diamond - $70
6) KBEAR Knight - $10 (earbud)
7) KZ ZSX - $38
8) LZ A6 Mini - $72
9) NiceHCK M6 - $86
10) SMABAT ST10 - $79 (earbud)
11) Tempotec Sonata HD - $19 (Amp/DAC dongle)
12) TFZ No. 3 - $96
13) Toneking P10 - $152
14) TRI I3 - $140
15) TRN BT20 - $23 (bluetooth adapter)
16) TRN V90 - $31
17) BK2 - $22 (earbud)

Do feel free to add or chip in if there are any good deals you guys see on AE so the community can benefit! It seems @RikudouGoku is the only one still buying CHIFI the past few weeks to help the flagging CHIFI industry, so let's all chip in to give a fiscal boost hahaha!

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2020 at 9:32 AM Post #46,618 of 99,334
Yeah, I will get 4 iems this week but after that there should be a pause for me. Just got my Final Audio E5000. And should get the Audiosense DT200, Final audio E4000 and E500 on wednesday.

Shipping with DHL express doesnt seem to be affected at all since the the iems I listed just takes like 3 days to get here ( which is the same time it took before). Dont know about aliexpress standard shipping nor china post since I havent used them.

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:40 AM Post #46,619 of 99,334
Yeah, I will get 4 iems this week but after that there should be a pause for me. Just got my Final Audio E5000. And should get the Audiosense DT200, Final audio E4000 and E500 on wednesday.

Shipping with DHL express doesnt seem to be affected at all since the the iems I listed just takes like 3 days to get here ( which is the same time it took before). Dont know about aliexpress standard shipping nor china post since I havent used them.

Where did u get the Audiosense DT200 from? It's not selling on Aliexpress. It looks a bit bright from the FR, but let us know how it is.

I sure hope that the Virus dies when it is on a plane....

I dunno about DHL cause they deliver fast, but the usual Aliexpress delivery of roughly a month or so might be a good thing actually in today's coronavirus context. I doubt the virus can survive a month in transit. But to be safe, one can always wipe down the packaging with some alcohol swabs on receiving it.

Mar 2, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #46,620 of 99,334
@baskingshark you can get the DT200 on their site: https://www.audiosense.cn/product-page/audiosense-dt200

I just personally asked them on aliexpress about a review unit and got it ( although they sent a standard package and not review unit with an extra cable (probably their OCC cable) because there isnt any reviews on the DT200 in the west and I guess I got lucky when I asked) :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back