The discovery thread!
Mar 4, 2020 at 4:59 PM Post #46,637 of 100,343
Which one? The BLON-like YBF-ISS014? Got them a week or two ago, the delivery took almost 70 days, all the virus tragically died because of the utter loneliness.
Yes that one (with the weird name). Gossh, 70 days is way too long. Positive side, you got no virus on it :)
I hope mine will faster, finger crossed.

Mar 4, 2020 at 5:05 PM Post #46,638 of 100,343
Yes that one (with the weird name). Gossh, 70 days is way too long. Positive side, you got no virus on it :)
I hope mine will faster, finger crossed.

The virus is everywhere now and increasing, the postman or anybody else who handled it in the previous days could have contaminated the parcel.

Mar 4, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #46,639 of 100,343
The virus is everywhere now and increasing, the postman or anybody else who handled it in the previous days could have contaminated the parcel.

Hmmm....
1583360053481.png
...I wonder?
:grin:

Mar 4, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #46,642 of 100,343
As alarming as the virus is it is more alarming how people are getting ready for the apocalypse.. It seems like it will be the end of the world as we know it. 1583361780514.png1583361795379.pngIt is Y2K all over again.

Yup. I was watching a story on the news a week or so ago. The woman they were interviewing claimed the panic will probably spread faster than the actual disease.

Mar 4, 2020 at 10:05 PM Post #46,644 of 100,343
Is this still the "Discovery" thread? Plenty of fear mongering going on here including some epidemiology experts spreading their wisdom.

Well done.

Cheers

That's the internet for ya. Here, I'll add something on topic since I rarely post in the forums anymore.

I've been using the ADV Model 3 2BA on and off since Feb 10 and am finding it to be an interesting beast. Listening to it back to back with some other earphones, like the old school Audiofly AF120 that I've reignited interest in, it sounds a little dull. Use it solo for a while giving your brain time to adjust to the tune, and its virtues shine. It has an organic, analogue presentation with outstanding balance. No nasty peaks that I can catch. No sibilance either. EQuing in some extra emphasis between 4-6k feels needed to improve clarity, though doing that kinda defeats the point of such a flat tuning. It's a good sounding earphone but it lacks the out-of-the-box wow-factor and cheapo price that most hype train earphones have so I don't expect it to be overly popular around these parts. Nope, it's the kind of earphone that simmers and grows on you over time.

IMG_0045.JPGIMG_0043.JPG

Mar 5, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #46,645 of 100,343
Is this still the "Discovery" thread? Plenty of fear mongering going on here including some epidemiology experts spreading their wisdom.
People like to be scared. It brings meaning to their everyday existence. What shall we do tonight? Oh, let's build a nuclear shelter from the plywood and hoard 10 years' worth of toilet paper in it. It gives us the sweet feeling of control. There is impending doom outside and we just need to do SOMETHING just to scare away the thought of how helpless and fragile we really are.
Well, the flu is bad. The super-flu is kinda... super-bad, I guess. My family had a helluva nasty flu not long ago with both of my parents hospitalized, children with a fever over 40°C (104°F), you name it. With the new COVID bug it could've been worse. Or don't. But what certainly WILL be worse - when everyone runs like crazy to buy every last package of flour, every last bottle of water and every last pack of a drug from a pharmacy.
Every single day thousands of people die across the globe from an infectious disease or complications. So nothing is principally changed in that department on a grand scale except for our view. If everyone quits the work, fills his garage with canned food and plans to live next year in the basement - I have bad news for them: there will be nor toilet paper nor bottled water to buy next time. Nor flour nor drugs. Never. Because too many of them tried to outsmart the others and the goods not happen to be materialized out of thin air.

I love to say "human is a blacksmith of his/her happiness and a carpenter of his/her coffin". It probably sounds a bit weird in a translation though.

Mar 5, 2020 at 8:53 AM Post #46,646 of 100,343

Well done.

Cheers

Well yes but everything that applies to our hobby is fair game. Case in point. Have you guys noticed all the main vendors on Aliexpress. NiceHCK and the like don't have a single new item on their web pages? Normally you would see at least a few new items be it a new cable or earphone, DAPs and the like every other week.

I bet it is because the OEM that makes their earphones for them are no where near full capacity. So business is not as usual.

I remember Jim telling me about a few projects they were considering but that was last year. In fact if you guys look at their web page and the other vendors it is like it was frozen since December of last year. Again it all has to do with manufacturing and developement.

Chinese govt wants folks to start work again but now with strict new regulations for even travelling to certain areas. Progress will be slow this year.

Last edited:
Mar 6, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #46,650 of 100,343
I dont see much mention of LZ A6 6-driver iem. Outside head-fi seems some good reviews for it.
They are really good. But they are not making more of those and all their other stuff are discontinued. Belive that I heard that LZ are making something new. Maybe A7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back