The discovery thread!
Dec 13, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #45,796 of 101,264
Dec 13, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #45,797 of 101,264
I found this interesting post from a year ago.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...-reference-list.805930/page-948#post-14599317

remember when Blon and Boss HIfi seemed to be the same thing?

But... isn't it? When you click to see info about blon on audiobudget website there are some stores on taobao:
https://audiobudget.com/product/BLON

And this link there's a bio at the bottom of the page:
https://fenbeism.1688.com/

Dongguan Debei Digital Technology Co., Ltd. specializes in R & D, production and sales of high-end headphones. "BLON, MW, BOSSHiFi" are the company's brands.
The company was founded in 2002 and is now located next to Shi Pai Avenue in Shi Pai Town, Dongguan City, an electroacoustic product manufacturing base. The transportation is extremely convenient and has excellent geographical advantages.
We have accumulated rich experience in the earphone and speaker industries. The factory has modern production equipment, complete testing equipment and complete supporting facilities to provide you with the most professional services.
The company is committed to exploring domestic and foreign markets, and its products are sold in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao and Taiwan as well as Southeast Asia, Europe, America and the Middle East.
The company has always been in good faith to tailor the best products for customers and perfect business purposes to meet customer needs. Continuous efforts to provide customers with high-quality products that meet customer needs and satisfy customers.

I just thought those randoms blons were old models instead of fakes.

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:24 PM Post #45,798 of 101,264
I just thought those randoms blons were old models instead of fakes

That is what I thought. When DocHoliday wrote that post over a year ago he seemed to like the S1 and was curious about the Cardinal and the Bluejay. I went through a few pages after his post and no one had responded or commented... so no hype started at that time.

Dec 13, 2019 at 6:37 PM Post #45,799 of 101,264
Yeah, I hear you. I'm far from a basshead but still my modded (and humble) Fostex T50RP (at least one of my two pairs) gives me the best bass experience I've ever experienced. In overall signature though the HE560 are my go to "basshead" cans. I do have dynamic headphones that have more impact but the quality/quantity ratio on the HE560 is the best for me.
I need to give one of the tr50p mods a try, but I've just generally been finding IEMs to have a superior bass experience lately (ymmv). With the size of good DD in over the ears you are sacrificing some quality for bass quantity. With planars I just can't get the quantity and slam I'm after.

I feel like even the larger IEM DDs right now (13mm is big, but the aging sony models still reign supreme in size) don't have nearly the amount of quality/quantity trade off as much larger over the ear DDs while still maintaining the excursion and air movement relative to their over the ear cousins.

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #45,800 of 101,264
I found this interesting post from a year ago.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...-reference-list.805930/page-948#post-14599317

remember when Blon and Boss HIfi seemed to be the same thing?

But... isn't it? When you click to see info about blon on audiobudget website there are some stores on taobao:
https://audiobudget.com/product/BLON

And this link there's a bio at the bottom of the page:
https://fenbeism.1688.com/

I just thought those randoms blons were old models instead of fakes.

That is what I thought. When DocHoliday wrote that post over a year ago he seemed to like the S1 and was curious about the Cardinal and the Bluejay. I went through a few pages after his post and no one had responded or commented... so no hype started at that time.

Correct, Blon is BossHifi.

The BossHifi (Blon) B3 and B8 were/are popular.

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #45,801 of 101,264
Correct, Blon is BossHifi.

The BossHifi (Blon) B3 and B8 were/are popular.

I like the name BossHiFi better. I have had the B8 for a couple of years.

Dec 13, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #45,802 of 101,264
hmmm...
IMHO they look very similar to P1 and even have the same crappy-weave cable...
Graph looks also very neutral

Most initial reviewers quote the sound signature of the TRI I3 as a U shaped sound. Flat mids on a FR are not exactly "flat" in real life. As sound bypasses the external ear structures for IEMs, we do need a little boost in the 2 - 4 kHz areas for the sound signature to at least sound neutral in the mids when the IEMs are inside our ears. But of course CHIFI goes the other way and starts overly boosting the 2 - 4 kHz to generate fake details and also to cater to their enormous local Chinese audiophile market that likes a brightish tuning, which most westerners seem to not prefer.

I don't have the P1 but I thought it looked a bit more like a golf club? Haha, not sure about the cable, but I wouldn't be surprised if these CHIFI do OEM for each other or at least source the same shells/drivers/cables from the same factory.

Dec 14, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #45,804 of 101,264
Kinda like the NX7 Pro's big brother... https://www.null-audio.com/collecti...isher-ceramic-gaming-universal-in-ear-monitor

KF-SPECNA.png

KF-Explosion.jpg

Changeable face plates...
ACH-Faceplate.jpg

Might be worth a punt esp. when they have their sales. Version with either the gaming version of the Ethos cable or the normal Ethos cable.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 1:24 PM Post #45,805 of 101,264
Dec 14, 2019 at 3:15 PM Post #45,807 of 101,264
Dec 15, 2019 at 3:17 AM Post #45,809 of 101,264
I've been truly enamoured with my TFZ T2 Galaxy after several days of extensive listening. I'm by no means any kind of hi-fi aficionado but it has been nothing short of a revelation for me in terms of musical fun and enjoyment, and the first pair of listening instruments I've owned where I have felt no inclination to apply any EQ or Dolby processing magic to alter the sound signature. Driven by my Moto g7+, it sounds full and lush with solid bass notes that by no means overwhelm the rest of the mix, clear and intimate vocals that occupy the foreground of the soundstage, and delicate, sweet treble that exposes details in places I could not hear before. It sounds great out of the box and offers a balanced (but not neutral) sound that I have come to appreciate, with great versatility across the genres I tend to listen to.

As for the non-auditory aspects, the box presentation is professionally done - easily as good as or better than what you'd find from one of the established brands at this price range (no Oppoty, thanks), with the only miss being the white carrying pouch that is stiffer than I would like and smells of chemical fumes (it's gone back into the box). The earbuds are small and surprisingly dense for their size, but sit snugly in my ear with the largest narrow-bore tips attached. The cable is just fine the way it is: brushed metal plug, built-in cable tie, smooth and pliable to the touch (such a breath of fresh air coming from the KZ), a Y-split that isn't too low, no annoying tangles and pre-formed ear hooks that were somewhat stiff and non-compliant out of the box but seem to be getting better with use.

When I ordered these, I figured that the T2 would represent an effective benchmark against which I would be able to compare other budget ChiFi offerings against (sub-USD100 let's say), and it hasn't disappointed on that front. This is my new everyday carry.

Dec 15, 2019 at 6:23 AM Post #45,810 of 101,264
I've been truly enamoured with my TFZ T2 Galaxy after several days of extensive listening. I'm by no means any kind of hi-fi aficionado but it has been nothing short of a revelation for me in terms of musical fun and enjoyment, and the first pair of listening instruments I've owned where I have felt no inclination to apply any EQ or Dolby processing magic to alter the sound signature. Driven by my Moto g7+, it sounds full and lush with solid bass notes that by no means overwhelm the rest of the mix, clear and intimate vocals that occupy the foreground of the soundstage, and delicate, sweet treble that exposes details in places I could not hear before. It sounds great out of the box and offers a balanced (but not neutral) sound that I have come to appreciate, with great versatility across the genres I tend to listen to.

As for the non-auditory aspects, the box presentation is professionally done - easily as good as or better than what you'd find from one of the established brands at this price range (no Oppoty, thanks), with the only miss being the white carrying pouch that is stiffer than I would like and smells of chemical fumes (it's gone back into the box). The earbuds are small and surprisingly dense for their size, but sit snugly in my ear with the largest narrow-bore tips attached. The cable is just fine the way it is: brushed metal plug, built-in cable tie, smooth and pliable to the touch (such a breath of fresh air coming from the KZ), a Y-split that isn't too low, no annoying tangles and pre-formed ear hooks that were somewhat stiff and non-compliant out of the box but seem to be getting better with use.

When I ordered these, I figured that the T2 would represent an effective benchmark against which I would be able to compare other budget ChiFi offerings against (sub-USD100 let's say), and it hasn't disappointed on that front. This is my new everyday carry.
I fully agree with you. T2 galaxy is one of the best IEM under $100 that I've got & I still kept them around me since day 1 whenever I go even. Never regretted the purchase at all.

It can even compete with the $100 ranged IEM and even $200+ that I own (TFZ No.3 & Avara AV1s). But the only problem I have with the T2 was the driver flex. Other than that they are perfect.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back