The discovery thread!
Dec 15, 2019 at 7:11 AM Post #45,811 of 101,162
This is new from 7Hz. I got their last flagship i77-pro. Whiles it’s ok it leans onto the more warm darker side of sound. The pic doesn’t say anything apart from it has one dynamic driver Really interesting. But slightly expensive at us$287
upload_2019-12-15_20-9-13.png

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #45,812 of 101,162
This is new from 7Hz. I got their last flagship i77-pro. Whiles it’s ok it leans onto the more warm darker side of sound. The pic doesn’t say anything apart from it has one dynamic driver Really interesting. But slightly expensive at us$287
It has the look of Moondrop KXXS

Dec 15, 2019 at 7:30 AM Post #45,813 of 101,162
Dec 16, 2019 at 10:37 AM Post #45,816 of 101,162
I've been truly enamoured with my TFZ T2 Galaxy after several days of extensive listening. I'm by no means any kind of hi-fi aficionado but it has been nothing short of a revelation for me in terms of musical fun and enjoyment, and the first pair of listening instruments I've owned where I have felt no inclination to apply any EQ or Dolby processing magic to alter the sound signature. Driven by my Moto g7+, it sounds full and lush with solid bass notes that by no means overwhelm the rest of the mix, clear and intimate vocals that occupy the foreground of the soundstage, and delicate, sweet treble that exposes details in places I could not hear before. It sounds great out of the box and offers a balanced (but not neutral) sound that I have come to appreciate, with great versatility across the genres I tend to listen to.

As for the non-auditory aspects, the box presentation is professionally done - easily as good as or better than what you'd find from one of the established brands at this price range (no Oppoty, thanks), with the only miss being the white carrying pouch that is stiffer than I would like and smells of chemical fumes (it's gone back into the box). The earbuds are small and surprisingly dense for their size, but sit snugly in my ear with the largest narrow-bore tips attached. The cable is just fine the way it is: brushed metal plug, built-in cable tie, smooth and pliable to the touch (such a breath of fresh air coming from the KZ), a Y-split that isn't too low, no annoying tangles and pre-formed ear hooks that were somewhat stiff and non-compliant out of the box but seem to be getting better with use.

When I ordered these, I figured that the T2 would represent an effective benchmark against which I would be able to compare other budget ChiFi offerings against (sub-USD100 let's say), and it hasn't disappointed on that front. This is my new everyday carry.

Good descriptions. I'm quite fond of the T2 Galaxy myself. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do. I had this idea that it had tons of bass and a deep V signature, but it's actually more of a mild V signature and the bass isn't overdone for my tastes. I don't have measuring equipment but it sounds like the bass is similar to something like the BLON BL-03, but actually with less mid bass. It has more sub bass than mid bass. It actually seems similarly tuned as the TIN T4, but with more sub bass.

Anyway, I agree that it's actually a pretty balanced sounding IEM. With good mids presence and clarity and detailed, extended highs.

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:41 AM Post #45,820 of 101,162
The tonality closely resembles Audiosense T800
Yeah, except with more mid bass and not as much sub bass. Just going by their graphs I would assume I would personally prefer the T800's tuning.

Dec 16, 2019 at 11:44 AM Post #45,821 of 101,162
Dec 16, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #45,822 of 101,162
So, BGGAR just did a vid for the WG T-one single driver and declares it doing things better than the KXXS. Did he just blow up the Starfield's spot?? If logic dictates Moondrop didn't already exceed their own KXXS for $80 less then the Starfield would be coming in as a slightly lesser model. So, for $10 cheaper is the WG the better choice?? Ponder. Discuss. :thinking:

Dec 16, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #45,823 of 101,162
So, BGGAR just did a vid for the WG T-one single driver and declares it doing things better than the KXXS. Did he just blow up the Starfield's spot?? If logic dictates Moondrop didn't already exceed their own KXXS for $80 less then the Starfield would be coming in as a slightly lesser model. So, for $10 cheaper is the WG the better choice?? Ponder. Discuss. :thinking:
US $99.00 | WG T-one Dynamic Drivers Earphone with Patented Telsa Magnetic Group, 8 Core OFC Silver-plated Cable
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/EPqM6oTA

This is the only place I see it. Getting too many single DDs to think they are all really that different after EQ.....

Dec 16, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #45,824 of 101,162
Also on Linsoul of course if BGGAR has it :) https://www.linsoul.com/products/wg-t-one

Always begging the questions of how fast the market is moving. Is the Starfield that good? Does that make you mad if you bought a KXXS at $199 or $189 and Moondrop did make a superior earphone for so less so soon?

Of course one person liking this WG acoustics model and no one really hearing the Starfield yet is just stirring the pot on a cloudy Monday. :) Perhaps they will be compared soon enough. Though the $100 to $130 range right now is very interesting going into 2020.

Dec 16, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #45,825 of 101,162
Good descriptions. I'm quite fond of the T2 Galaxy myself. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I do. I had this idea that it had tons of bass and a deep V signature, but it's actually more of a mild V signature and the bass isn't overdone for my tastes. I don't have measuring equipment but it sounds like the bass is similar to something like the BLON BL-03, but actually with less mid bass. It has more sub bass than mid bass. It actually seems similarly tuned as the TIN T4, but with more sub bass.

Anyway, I agree that it's actually a pretty balanced sounding IEM. With good mids presence and clarity and detailed, extended highs.
TFZ T2 Galaxy Review. I reviewed the T2 Galaxy last year and concluded that "The T2 Galaxy is an engaging iem that is able to provide full-bodied bass reproduction, soothing midrange and laid-back treble. The fullness creates a satisfying listen and packs a punch. There is slight lack of energy at the top end". Enjoy & Happy Listening, as always! :)

photo_2018-12-02_21-14-40.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back