The discovery thread!
Jul 31, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #43,081 of 101,180
Jul 31, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #43,082 of 101,180
Seems like today is NX7 day :L3000: I have received mine today too. Listened for about 2 hours. The first impressions are good detail retrieval, great separation and layering, decent soundstage. At first they seem quite bright but the treble is on the positive side of the borderline (for me). The bass is just like @Dsnuts described, when there is bass in the track it comes alive. Overall it has a quite balanced sound and so far i am quite liking them.

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #43,083 of 101,180
Likewise.....NX7 = 7th heaven!!!... Two hours in....kinda speechless really! - always found the transition from earbuds to iem’s/getting a correct seal made me feel queasy. No such issues with this set! The stock cable is trash imho - the transformation happens when adding an extra upgrade balanced cable. I was previously worried about sibilance - which is easily tamed by EQ’ing 2-16K bandwidth (via Sony NW-ZX300a.) Also I expected to experience a much narrower soundstage - however, as Dsnuts stated, the stage, layering, image separation, & balanced SQ are all stunning!
As Jon says their sound signature is extremely live sounding & visceral ootb (- they should sound quite incredible after burn-in!)
With such forward mids & highs producing maximum energy - fatigue setting in is usually a given...however the tuning remains relatively smooth and refined.
Having never bonded at all with iem’s....the NX7’s have ample bass & sub-bass, very comfortable - no bulky Solaris housings - & the bulk remains in your wallet! Haha!)
In this case, the hype-train was totally justified.....continual goosebumps belies their cost - astounding & incredibly addictive!!! :)

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #43,084 of 101,180
@activatorfly - :)
Me too, agree with all you've said. I was also worried about the highs but somehow they have an incredible energy without being sibilant. Quite impressive. Im not sure how they have managed to tune the NX7 in the way they have but Im most impressed. They shouldn't really work but they somehow do!
Its weird on some songs hearing the BA's and the DD's AND the ceramic sounds all working and identifiable.
(I had some genuine goosebumps listening to some emotive tracks on YouTube!)

Its a very interesting sound signature - gonna take some time to explore but as I say - at the very least, its a very interesting and unique sounding IEM - and that is in and off itself not normal in this hobby!!

Forgot to mention, the fit is superb. With some of this shape IEM I loose seal when moving my ears but they have the angle of the nozzle perfect
Ive also found some nice sub bass after another quick listen

Im very much looking forward to using a better cable + burn in + trying some different tips (I went straight to kz foam)

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #43,086 of 101,180
Me too, agree with all you've said. I was also worried about the highs but somehow they have an incredible energy without being sibilant. Quite impressive. Im not sure how they have managed to tune the NX7 in the way they have but Im most impressed. They shouldn't really work but they somehow do!
Its weird on some songs hearing the BA's and the DD's AND the ceramic sounds all working and identifiable.

Its a very interesting sound signature - gonna take some time to explore but as I say - at the very least, its a very interesting and unique sounding IEM - and that is in and off itself not normal in this hobby!!

Forgot to mention, the fit is superb. With some of this shape IEM I loose seal when moving my ears but they have the angle of the nozzle perfect

Im very much looking forward to using a better cable + burn in + trying some different tips (I went straight to kz foam)
I’m just using stock tips for now...Spiral Dots arrive this week. I agree the BA / DD & ceramic configuration is totally unique - not heard anything quite like it.
After 4 hours listening at high volume...only just taken them out - no nauseous feeling & absolutely no ringing in the ears at all - which seems a normal by-product of wearing iem’s.
It is down too the fit I guess - they do have a perfect seal - try them out with FLAC files & a silver cable with balanced sound source- this will produce a more “airy” wider/deeper soundstage and emphasise micro detail retrieval, plus the whole frequency range is boosted...(not shouty though like most “energetic” buds & iems.)
NX7 have already become my goto/reference set - still love SR2 Pro drivers though...Haha!

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #43,087 of 101,180
I’m just using stock tips for now...Spiral Dots arrive this week. I agree the BA / DD & ceramic configuration is totally unique - not heard anything quite like it.
After 4 hours listening at high volume...only just taken them out - no nauseous feeling & absolutely no ringing in the ears at all - which seems a normal by-product of wearing iem’s.
It is down too the fit I guess - they do have a perfect seal - try them out with FLAC files & a silver cable with balanced sound source- this will produce a more “airy” wider/deeper soundstage and emphasise micro detail retrieval, plus the whole frequency range is boosted...(not shouty though like most “energetic” buds & iems.)
NX7 have already become my goto/reference set - still love SR2 Pro drivers though...Haha!

Not really totally unique as the LZ A6 has the same three drivers technologies and has been available for quite a while now....

Jul 31, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #43,089 of 101,180
the bass speed and quality is very nice

Jul 31, 2019 at 1:28 PM Post #43,090 of 101,180

Lot of NX7 hype going on.... any FR graphs?

Jul 31, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #43,092 of 101,180
Interesting - using the iBasso DX90 & Spiral Dot tips which is fairly neutral and dark DAP, the NX7 presented a LOT more maturity, with the crazy sound stage, details, imaging etc calming down quite a lot and giving a much more balanced, technically more mature over all signature. Playing DSD 'Innervisions by Stevie Wonder' - the cymbals crash nicely, the bass is wonderful...anyway, lets not go hype mad this early!!. :) Quite a surprise at the difference of the sound signature though. Looking like the NX7 offers many different types of sound depending on source, tips, cable etc etc
As I said before, this is becoming a VERY interesting and potentially very, very good IEM - maybe even without the 'For the cost' tag ?

XDxeGi8.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #43,095 of 101,180
that thing is crazy detailed, it is pulling all kind of things now

So true - I have heard details in music I have NEVER heard before. Considering Im on around my 150th pair of earphones . . . that is quite some achievement!
and yet, the highs Im not finding a problem.
Its possible though that for those with 'young ears' listening to modern, hotly compressed music with a bright player may find them a tad too much ?

In terms of balance though, I do sometimes hear the slightly plasticy ceramic aspect of the highs - you can kinda hear the ceramic BUT it is very subtle and I very much expect
this to dissapear with more time and it is only with the occasional song.

Anyway, very much looking forward to hearing other peoples impressions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back