The discovery thread!
May 11, 2024 at 1:37 AM Post #101,176 of 102,790
May 11, 2024 at 1:40 AM Post #101,177 of 102,790
To put the new brand on the map?
The Letshuoer EJ07M are similarly specced in a similar price range. It's Letshuoer subsidizing those as well?

Also Shenzen is not new.

May 11, 2024 at 1:41 AM Post #101,178 of 102,790
Is it a new brand though? I thought Shenzhen
has been in this a while
It’s I/O Audio, not Shenzhen. I remember some folks guessing that this is Shenzhen’s answer to Linsoul’s ThieAudio.

May 11, 2024 at 1:43 AM Post #101,179 of 102,790
To put the new brand on the map?

Edit: To not waste a comment on useless drama,
You are the one theorizing out loud that this must be funded somehow. I simply responded to your post.

May 11, 2024 at 1:48 AM Post #101,180 of 102,790
Anyway this isn't really dramatic it's just a discussion about products. When someone theorizes that a product must be subsidized to be that quality at that price, They are perfectly encapsulating the price to perceived quality relationship. This has been well studied and is very real. I fall victim to it all the time. I guarantee almost everyone here has for Most kind of products.

Literally for the last bunch of pages people have been talking about now the kilo buck price quality from not many years ago, you can get it at $700-800. Or even theorizing something must be subsidized. Lots of talk about pricing in general, You've been trying to define where midfi starts price wise. These all have to do with this very simple and non-dramatic subject. So it's very on topic. It's just part of any hobby.

Price verses perceived quality. Sorry I was using value in A couple posts above.

https://www.jstor.org/stable/3172763

I really like my $400 Quattro and I'm really looking forward to My $400 Pilgrim which are on a plane right now flying over here from China. I can't wait to put those two especially the pilgrim against other higher priced products. This is an exciting time.

Last edited:
May 11, 2024 at 2:26 AM Post #101,181 of 102,790
I disagree. I have lots of high end iems, and celebrate the brilliance of the $30 CCA Trio, as well as the $400 marvel, the Penon Quattro.
What do you disagree with exactly?

I think that, in saying he enjoys high end sets as well as $30 sets, he is disagreeing with the portion of your statement in bold below.

I guarantee that a lot of people who invest heavily into the most expensive IEM's and like to flex that, it would be impossible for them to admit a much lower priced IEM is even close to competing with their multi kilobuck sets. It just doesn't compute.

May 11, 2024 at 2:33 AM Post #101,182 of 102,790
I think that, in saying he enjoys high end sets as well as $30 sets, he is disagreeing with the portion of your statement in bold below.
Except I never made any kind of 100% statement that would warrant a response like that - I said a lot of a certain subset of this hobby's consumers would be like that, and that implies out of multiple subsets of people in this hobby. So why did he take it so personally when it had nothing to do with him? I think he just misunderstood my post.

May 11, 2024 at 2:39 AM Post #101,183 of 102,790
Except I never made any kind of 100% statement that would warrant a response like that - I said a lot of a certain subset of this hobby's consumers would be like that, and that implies out of multiple subsets of people in this hobby. So why did he take it so personally when it had nothing to do with him? I think he just misunderstood my post.

I think we both know that he participates in a thread, where you believe high end attitudes to be prevalent. Surely you can see how he might feel representative of that thread?

May 11, 2024 at 3:05 AM Post #101,184 of 102,790
But I mean you used an Ifi go blue to power an Annihilator 2023 and you complained about the sound being bad and muffled. I think that is saying enough 🫠

I think I smell some jealousy

May 11, 2024 at 3:09 AM Post #101,185 of 102,790
Thanks, @warrenpchi, you said it perfectly.

I have TOTL iems, but also $30, $150, $400, etc., and I discuss them and gush over them all, price be damned!

I'm not "flexing" when gushing about the expensive ones, just loving them as well.

May 11, 2024 at 3:10 AM Post #101,186 of 102,790
Tonight I won a $50.00 gift card from work for finishing top satisfaction % plus top sales on my team, so instead of saving it, I used it along with $7.00 in coupons/coins and $2.00 in late ship coupons, and put $59 towards the CCA Hydro. I watched vids by @Jaytiss, PaulWasabii, and HBB, and the three of them convinced me to pick up the Hydro for what was essentially $61.00, so now I'm tapping out for the summer. No more purchases of IEMs until 11.11. Yeah, there's a bunch of really amazing IEMs coming down the pike, but I'm awaiting the KZ pro and the Hydro, and I'll be happy until the holidays roll around, especially if the Hydro live up to the hype?

May 11, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #101,187 of 102,790
Thankfully I'm exempted from these feelings of angst as I can only have 1 IEM at a time as a rule. :scream:I will happily sample other people's IEM though~

May 11, 2024 at 3:11 AM Post #101,188 of 102,790
If you plan to buy this interchangeable plug cable from XINHS, my advice is: DON’T.
Damn that is sad, maybe a link on top of the picture might help people too.
I have a lot of IvipQ cables if rumors are true and they use the same factory, I kind of wish I could let someone test those my A/B skills are really horrible but I will keep trying.
I do think my most expensive cable from them puts a slight veil over music but since I am not certain of hearing that well I feel bad to write them about it.
Did you write with Xinhs customer support about that cable?

May 11, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #101,189 of 102,790
I'm tapping out for the summer. No more purchases of IEMs until 11.11.

Famous last words!

I respect your determination! But in order to avoid temptation, best to disconnect from the Internet and delete your headfi account immediately!

Otherwise even a patience of a Saint won't get you thru the week if another pokemon "Best under $200 iem" appears tomorrow LOL

May 11, 2024 at 3:24 AM Post #101,190 of 102,790
I was reminded why the heck I love the Sennheiser IE100 so much! It was my avatar for years, before I switched to my Aures, but with Penon Lacquer tips, the seal and fit is perfection, and the stage on these things is so Sennheiser wide and deep, and though not the most resolving, the overall presentation is more than solid with excellent separation/spacing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back