The discovery thread!
Jul 26, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #43,009 of 101,658
A bit of an observation on the NX7. I usually listen to earphones at moderate volumes. I try not to egg on any early hearing loss. However not too many earphones I own that I can listen to at low volume levels without loosing any detail. The NX7 has such outstanding detail it is easy to hear even in low volume listening. Fantastic for low volume listening actually. I do like that these are not as sensitive like my higher end earphones. Should sound great on just about anything you guys are using as a source. Fantastic in balanced. Not as picky as high sensitive earphones.

Next week should be interesting. Some of the eary buyers should get theirs by next week I am thinking. Give them a good work out and take your time with them. Optimize the sound using your best tips and cables and have a good time with this one. I am most definitely looking forward to see what you guys have to say about these.
Really looking forward to receiving my pair! :)

Jul 26, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #43,010 of 101,658
They do seem tempting, but for the same price the E1000 can also be had from Amazon.ca. Any thoughts on which is the "better" of the two? (personally, I'm leaning towards the e1000 just because the Crescents also come with 2 month shipping)
Pfffffff...I got the E1000, too, recently. The jury is still out on this one. Both are worthwhile.

P.S.: measured them...the Final Audios are more neutral...some find them flat. The Crescents are obviously bassier.

Final Audio E1000 and Moondrop Crescent.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #43,011 of 101,658
Been away a bit and see the NX7 is a hit all around? I’m gonna grab T800 and NX7 when cash is available!
Are these two good choices?
I’m on the fence with these...?
Thanks

Off topic: some guy called me “pops” today... lol I’m still

Jul 26, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #43,012 of 101,658
Been away a bit and see the NX7 is a hit all around? I’m gonna grab T800 and NX7 when cash is available!
Thanks

Only two people have given their opinion on the NX7....I would wait

Jul 26, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #43,013 of 101,658
Pfffffff...I got the E1000, too, recently. The jury is still out on this one. Both are worthwhile.

P.S.: measured them...the Final Audios are more neutral...some find them flat. The Crescents are obviously bassier.

The bass is delivered in a warm but punchy way. It's not overpowering bass, but it is a tad above neutral, but it does have some speed, o it's not a cumbersome warm bass, like i've experienced with other phones.

Jul 26, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #43,014 of 101,658
Had some Cash Back on my Amazon card after Prime Day, used it to buy the MD Crescent yesterday. Just got them right now. The KPE is a more audiophile sound, whereas this is just fun and sounds freaking stellar OOTB. Perfect OTG IEMs.

Jul 26, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #43,015 of 101,658
Had some Cash Back on my Amazon card after Prime Day, used it to buy the MD Crescent yesterday. Just got them right now. The KPE is a more audiophile sound, whereas this is just fun and sounds freaking stellar OOTB. Perfect OTG IEMs.

They get better as they burn in and settle. They open up more, the bass gets tighter and punchier, and details come in more. I love them as my OTG phones. Just love them.

Jul 26, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #43,016 of 101,658
Thanks

I can vouch for the T800 as it is my endgame IEM now. Great details/instrument separation/clarity/soundstage with a great bass that almost sounds like a DD bass. Some people may find the treble fatiguing/silibant/harsh but there are ways to mitigate it (see the audiosense forums/reviews).

The NX7 looks interesting too especially since it uses a piezo driver. I've seen a few google translated reviews on amazon Japan and a few buyers commented on poor quality build, narrow soundstage and a lack of bass. The aliexpress sellers have been splashing out discounts on the NX7 lately too, but i'm gonna wait for more reviews.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #43,017 of 101,658
I don't know if these guys were expecting a 1K build on a $65 earphone but all 3 of my samples came out perfect. I have no issues with any of them..

I said 3 cuz this just came in the mail
DSC06669.JPG
This pic is so fresh I just took it out of my camera to load up on here. Popped that box open. The question is. Does burn in really matter?

Using the same stock cable to keep parameters the same. 2 pairs of NX7. One with roughly 300 hours plus of use and burn in the other. So fresh out of the box don't know if anyone has heard this except the people that are making sure left and right match up.

Using a splitter out of my Shanling M5s. .Out of the box. The treble sounds brittle and mids thinner than my well used NX7. Overall tone is more brighter the mids slightly compressed sounding. But I can most definitely tell they are the same earphones. .
My pair. .Fuller smoother mid range is the biggest difference the bass end seems more tactile agile and slightly fuller as well. Treble seems a touch smoother. The biggest difference for certain was the mid range.

Then I took it one step further. I threw on my silver cable. Better precision and overall even better coherency. More of a result of balanced than single ended but sounds more wider deeper and sounds superb.

Jul 26, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #43,018 of 101,658
I don't know if these guys were expecting a 1K build on a $65 earphone but all 3 of my samples came out perfect. I have no issues with any of them..

I said 3 cuz this just came in the mail

This pic is so fresh I just took it out of my camera to load up on here. Popped that box open. The question is. Does burn in really matter?

Using the same stock cable to keep parameters the same. 2 pairs of NX7. One with roughly 300 hours plus of use and burn in the other. So fresh out of the box don't know if anyone has heard this except the people that are making sure left and right match up.

Using a splitter out of my Shanling M5s. .Out of the box. The treble sounds brittle and mids thinner than my well used NX7. Overall tone is more brighter the mids slightly compressed sounding. But I can most definitely tell they are the same earphones. .
My pair. .Fuller smoother mid range is the biggest difference the bass end seems more tactile agile and slightly fuller as well. Treble seems a touch smoother. The biggest difference for certain was the mid range.

Then I took it one step further. I threw on my silver cable. Better precision and overall even better coherency. More of a result of balanced than single ended but sounds more wider deeper and sounds superb.

Nice review. How is the bass on the NX7? Seems a lot of the initial reviews had said it was a bit on the anemic side.

Jul 27, 2019 at 12:14 AM Post #43,019 of 101,658
Nope not anemic at all. It is not a bass first earphone but if your track has bass in it. It will come out evenly mixed with the entire tune. Bass emphasis on the NX7 is truly identical to how the bass is tuned on the Solaris. There was people saying the Solaris is bass light.. Turns out the guys that was saying that was clearly bass head guys. Sure if your used to having your thump on before your mids and treble. Ya your gonna think bass is light on the NX7.. However bass is not anemic or missing at all. Bass quantity might not be at a consumer level but I am most certain that guys that appreciate a good solid controlled bass end will appreciate the NX7 approach to bass. Especially that sub bass. Carbon nanotube was an excellent choice for the bass driver. Bass is well controlled, got excellent impact, clean and can rumble with ease. It is not a one note cheap bass that is on the NX7.

There are plenty of bass first iems out there. If you go into these thinking they are consumer tuned. These are not it. NiceHCK themselves have plenty of bass first iems. The NX7 was tuned with enthusiasts in mind. They have excellent imaging. Detail that is well above what they are asking for them and even a bass end that falls in line with the rest of the sound quality.

That whole statement about these lacking stage..Well so does about 95% of all earphones I have heard and owned. These aren't gonna wow you with its stage presence but they just might wow you when you start to understand just how good the sound quality is. Wait till you guys hear a cleanly recorded track with the NX7 in balanced mode then you might start to understand what it is I am talking about here. Listen to the treble detail, listen to the sound positioning, listen to how good and tight that bass line is. I don't think the NX7 is going to be for everyone but for guys that want to hear what a higher end tuned earphone sound like well under a $100. I can't think of a better example than the NX7.

I was mentioning to a friend the other day that the one way to tell the quality of a sound is when you can make out a foreground a midground and a background of a track. You can with the NX7 and that my friends is on a $65 earphone. Someone here show me a phone in this price range that can do that.

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2019 at 12:46 AM Post #43,020 of 101,658
DSC06671.JPG

The retail version came with some tips that are actually usable. These ones pictured here. They are similar to shape and nozzle size of the Symbio W tips. Which was a welcomed sight.

However in comparison to my Spiral dots. These tips seems to confine the sound slightly. I can tell when I put on the Spiral dots after hearing the NX7 with them stock tips the sound opens up and has better cohesion.

The treble end of the NX7 is most definitely unique in this price range. The treble end is where there will be some debate. It does have some flaws. Can sound a bit apart from the rest of the sound at times. But with the side effect of treble detail that seem to come out of nowhere. It is pretty crazy to hear on some of your very familiar tunes that you could have sworn didn't have that type of treble in it.

You have to hear it to know what I am talking about here. Soon enough.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back