The discovery thread!
Jul 24, 2019 at 5:11 PM Post #42,976 of 100,041
that is not my review, when they are here i will compare them
You should have put that it isn't yours....all you did was copy & paste somebody else's impressions with no note of that

Jul 24, 2019 at 7:31 PM Post #42,977 of 100,041
I know some are not sold on the influence of cables on your earphones
for me it's not an issue of being sold or not on the possibility of audible differences caused by changing IEM cables. it's factually possible, predictable, and can be confirmed through measurements or proper listening tests. just like it's factual that a great many people will exaggerate or simply make up the differences they think they're getting from cables(also easy to predict, influence, and confirm with blind testing).
just because a topic has people on opposing sides, doesn't mean that we don't already know the correct answers. if you suggest causality between a type of metal in the cable and a certain sound out of the IEM(even as a vague rule of thumb), you only demonstrate a lack of electrical understanding. we're dealing with an electrical circuit here, so things are usually more complicated. the only case where we could infer such simple relation would be if the amp and the IEM were always the same and if the 2 cables were 100% identical beside the metal used. but you guys never start with such a restrictive premise when you try to offer some oversimplified rules for cable sound.

in practice we'll have cases where a copper cable does sound warmer, and cases where it will sound brighter, and cases where it will sound exactly like the other cable, and many other situations related to the impedance curve of the IEM used, and stuff like that. the legit conclusion is that there is no simple correlation between sound and the metal in the cable. correlation between the cable's impedance, the IEM's impedance and the amp's impedance from 20Hz to 20kHz, now already we can make a bunch of predictions about how the signature will be affected. it's still not complete but it will often give a general idea(or at least part of the equation).

Jul 24, 2019 at 8:35 PM Post #42,978 of 100,041
for me it's not an issue of being sold or not on the possibility of audible differences caused by changing IEM cables. it's factually possible, predictable, and can be confirmed through measurements or proper listening tests. just like it's factual that a great many people will exaggerate or simply make up the differences they think they're getting from cables(also easy to predict, influence, and confirm with blind testing).
just because a topic has people on opposing sides, doesn't mean that we don't already know the correct answers. if you suggest causality between a type of metal in the cable and a certain sound out of the IEM(even as a vague rule of thumb), you only demonstrate a lack of electrical understanding. we're dealing with an electrical circuit here, so things are usually more complicated. the only case where we could infer such simple relation would be if the amp and the IEM were always the same and if the 2 cables were 100% identical beside the metal used. but you guys never start with such a restrictive premise when you try to offer some oversimplified rules for cable sound.

in practice we'll have cases where a copper cable does sound warmer, and cases where it will sound brighter, and cases where it will sound exactly like the other cable, and many other situations related to the impedance curve of the IEM used, and stuff like that. the legit conclusion is that there is no simple correlation between sound and the metal in the cable. correlation between the cable's impedance, the IEM's impedance and the amp's impedance from 20Hz to 20kHz, now already we can make a bunch of predictions about how the signature will be affected. it's still not complete but it will often give a general idea(or at least part of the equation).

and if it does make a difference (i experienced change of cables that change the sound slightly), the difference in my personal experience is not night and day, can be replicated using a slight EQ adjustment, and doesn't worth the hundreds of dollars difference. I'll stick to my way of choosing cables based on looks and durability

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:15 PM Post #42,979 of 100,041
LOLz!!

Mlaihk

New Head-Fier

mark88888 said:
:beyersmile:

It does help, thanks! So... do you have a recommendation for an IEM that would be better for long listening? And maybe with a more comfortable cord :beyersmile: ? Also, if youve used the Solaris, how do they compare?

People may hate me for recommending this but.....

Try the new Nicehck NX7.......

@Mlaihk you got some cojones! Lol..This post was on the Solaris thread.

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:31 PM Post #42,980 of 100,041
Well, I own both the Andromeda 2019 and Andromeda S, and also Audiosense T800 and various KZs. I love both of my Andros, so I am not a hater. The Solaris was very attractive to me as well but I can't justify paying over 80% more than my andros for the solaris. So I go for the poor man's version..... And the fit is way better as the Solaris is huge physically to my ears.....

LOLz!!

Mlaihk

New Head-Fier

mark88888 said:
:beyersmile:

It does help, thanks! So... do you have a recommendation for an IEM that would be better for long listening? And maybe with a more comfortable cord :beyersmile: ? Also, if youve used the Solaris, how do they compare?

People may hate me for recommending this but.....

Try the new Nicehck NX7.......

@Mlaihk you got some cojones! Lol..This post was on the Solaris thread.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #42,981 of 100,041
With this setup, I am in sub USD150 heaven!

dZiG7oSZRuMNCDU_RXVbQz8pCNgLfvuR2W7eHPfxaBrBoKM3QzHeSqBEiAM8arNApHiYv3V1yoBGVOfyoSZans2qoPpCFEkQR-rnzkDPj1wEcZKoyZWunu7GncAf6F-Qjjz_69CyjU-El8a6NdeyDSw8nuzdwKSRSIt_lp4KaWlIRwpoah5CWoFJezgqGoqtKpA91xKC_irULToo0CT-gxYzJ6q9FWBpVqaSxi_0f_822oX6eAf9yQW2nZmVx3WlJ05lp_0zl0wBtEHi9-D_ziTZcrbIv0NRairDKRG9JBWc-zBryT489QLn8aISBj_9NgItXKhQRNM6DlUFmJbM6Sc-VI7f-fYFmhMGfbomWjunUOF8bxHpChHrFrb6bJH-sycnGEsEMU1-HbOLg0_KPtL1JOXdqLMivfZm-dVekMNh01x7mPb5ZSni7zav5iaZ741fhOT_dXhD1WYjSUbi9HcMUZJ4VhRiYucDb8iQ_UCsKgDeDAeWwJZUqpHK-XPB4wOaCUFH8x-wCa76jepzGYvTO1IAvUPAk7oc53jH7TF-8li3wGr5epilVtqwH0M7eXdejfBfYUOiR6vGoBRAJaRJ0MZDpEp_K6YBRGs0g_kCE80ZtO7tJxaTkN_KruweknFz_ckuf2u07hwlrH-SU3azRp1gIQ-9MWI5kN_K0LxjR8Wku1M4vJDQNyr_aSFDWgLhK0ELcHr054ZKgLbJNd3Z3Q=w1787-h1341-no

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #42,982 of 100,041
With this setup, I am in sub USD150 heaven!

dZiG7oSZRuMNCDU_RXVbQz8pCNgLfvuR2W7eHPfxaBrBoKM3QzHeSqBEiAM8arNApHiYv3V1yoBGVOfyoSZans2qoPpCFEkQR-rnzkDPj1wEcZKoyZWunu7GncAf6F-Qjjz_69CyjU-El8a6NdeyDSw8nuzdwKSRSIt_lp4KaWlIRwpoah5CWoFJezgqGoqtKpA91xKC_irULToo0CT-gxYzJ6q9FWBpVqaSxi_0f_822oX6eAf9yQW2nZmVx3WlJ05lp_0zl0wBtEHi9-D_ziTZcrbIv0NRairDKRG9JBWc-zBryT489QLn8aISBj_9NgItXKhQRNM6DlUFmJbM6Sc-VI7f-fYFmhMGfbomWjunUOF8bxHpChHrFrb6bJH-sycnGEsEMU1-HbOLg0_KPtL1JOXdqLMivfZm-dVekMNh01x7mPb5ZSni7zav5iaZ741fhOT_dXhD1WYjSUbi9HcMUZJ4VhRiYucDb8iQ_UCsKgDeDAeWwJZUqpHK-XPB4wOaCUFH8x-wCa76jepzGYvTO1IAvUPAk7oc53jH7TF-8li3wGr5epilVtqwH0M7eXdejfBfYUOiR6vGoBRAJaRJ0MZDpEp_K6YBRGs0g_kCE80ZtO7tJxaTkN_KruweknFz_ckuf2u07hwlrH-SU3azRp1gIQ-9MWI5kN_K0LxjR8Wku1M4vJDQNyr_aSFDWgLhK0ELcHr054ZKgLbJNd3Z3Q=w1787-h1341-no

This is for sure a silly question, but if I'm not wrong, the signal coming out from phone's USB is a digital one. Then DC01 is supposed to convert into an analogical. It's it ok?
If ok, then the question is: Why this mixed cable? Is the DAC in the little USB plug instead the main body of DC01?

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #42,983 of 100,041
Not all DAC are created equal. The NX7 benefits from more power, and the DC01 is currently the only usb dongle equipped with a high quality dac and REAL LDO balanced output.......
Just phone to DC01 to 2.5mm balanced pure silver cable.
This is for sure a silly question, but if I'm not wrong, the signal coming out from phone's USB is a digital one. Then DC01 is supposed to convert into an analogical. It's it ok?
If ok, then the question is: Why this mixed cable? Is the DAC in the little USB plug instead the main body of DC01?

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:19 AM Post #42,984 of 100,041
Not all DAC are created equal. The NX7 benefits from more power, and the DC01 is currently the only usb dongle equipped with a high quality dac and REAL LDO balanced output.......
Just phone to DC01 to 2.5mm balanced pure silver cable.

Hi, thank you for the answer :) But my doubt is where is physically the DAC placed in DC01? Am I i right to think that it must be before audio copper cable? (I don't doubt the sound quality, but it misses me).

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #42,985 of 100,041
Hi, thank you for the answer :) But my doubt is where is physically the DAC placed in DC01? Am I i right to think that it must be before audio copper cable? (I don't doubt the sound quality, but it misses me).
I suspect it is in the 2.5mm housing and not the usb c connector. I can feel the 2.5mm housing gets a bit warm but not the type c connector.

Jul 25, 2019 at 4:36 AM Post #42,986 of 100,041
I suspect it is in the 2.5mm housing and not the usb c connector. I can feel the 2.5mm housing gets a bit warm but not the type c connector.

Maybe amp and LDO, but that copper cable seems as it is conducting only analogical signal. If it's true, DAC should be in USB-C tiny plug. Maybe some of the cracks around here can throw some light on this matter!

Jul 25, 2019 at 10:34 AM Post #42,988 of 100,041
Maybe amp and LDO, but that copper cable seems as it is conducting only analogical signal. If it's true, DAC should be in USB-C tiny plug. Maybe some of the cracks around here can throw some light on this matter!
It is in the USB C plug...the amp is with the balanced port which is why it gets warm

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #42,989 of 100,041
Jul 25, 2019 at 12:27 PM Post #42,990 of 100,041
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back