The discovery thread!
Jul 23, 2019 at 11:00 AM Post #42,946 of 100,042
Well lets get real here the NX7 is not going to have the same resolution as an actual Andromeda or Solaris.

It is the sound balancing and tuning that share some similarities.

Yep, and that's a very important point. Analytical listening in a quiet chamber is one thing, and listening to music on the
go is another. For the latter, the listener wants that feel-good sound impression ("tuning") whereas the detail may get somewhat sacrificed to ambient noise anyway. That's why I like the Senns IE 40 PRO (the NiceHCK M6 resolve better) and even @loomisjohnson 's infamous MEMT X5 will do nicely on the bus or in the gym (I don't go to gyms that's boring). "On the go" has other requirements to comfort, fit, haptic, sweat resistance etc. and plugging big, heavy cherries into one's ears on the bus for the sake of detail resolution may not be for everybody.

And, there is little chance to lose or damage your precious iem at home.

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 11:27 AM Post #42,947 of 100,042
Interesting observation. The tuning is a bit like CA earphones. It shares some similarities to the Andromeda earphones too. Highly recommend a wide bored tip. I am using JVC Spiral dots. The earphone has so many drivers that are fireing for the sound that it seems to like wider bored tips to show all of it.

Also the sound will smooth out over some time. If you have the means experiment with some nicer cables too.
Jim asked me if i want to review that earphone, i was hesitant but because of you will try it

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #42,948 of 100,042
Exactly my thoughts! I have the Andromeda and Andromeda S for more critical listening and those I tend to baby. But the NX7 get very close and yet I have no problem tossing the NX7 around doing casual chores where accidents can and often happen. Put it this way, with the NX7 I can listen and not care too much if any thing happens to them

Well lets get real here the NX7 is not going to have the same resolution as an actual Andromeda or Solaris.

It is the sound balancing and tuning that share some similarities. The resolution of the NX7 does a damn good job for what it is using but the drivers in the CA earphones are expensive for a reason. For casual listening the NX7 does a great job giving you a taste of the higher end earphones mentioned and for that alone it is worth spending your $65.

In fact for guys that already own the Andromeda and or Solaris. Now you have a viable replacement to use at the gym or while running. There is absolutely no possible way would I use my Solaris at the gym that is just foolish but the NX7?

But then again you might like the sound of the NX7 so much you might not end up using them in the gym either. Lol. These are a solid sounding earphone and probably one of the absolute best values in sound to date.

Jul 23, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #42,949 of 100,042
@Mlaihk what about the soundstage and detail retrieval and are they easy to drive on weak source? like phone.. does it need a amp? and is the treble piercing or smooth?

can you do a comparison between audiosense t800?

would like to know the main differences between this two

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2019 at 1:20 PM Post #42,950 of 100,042
Put it this way, with the NX7 I can listen and not care too much if any thing happens to them

I don't think of $65 as a throwaway amount to risk.

Jul 23, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #42,952 of 100,042
Let me try it out for a little while to make the comparison. After all, the NX7 has double DD and I want to burn in a bit first to be fair.
@Mlaihk what about the soundstage and detail retrieval and are they easy to drive on weak source? like phone.. does it need a amp? and is the treble piercing or smooth?

can you do a comparison between audiosense t800?

would like to know the main differences between this two

Jul 23, 2019 at 10:46 PM Post #42,953 of 100,042
Exactly my thoughts! I have the Andromeda and Andromeda S for more critical listening and those I tend to baby. But the NX7 get very close and yet I have no problem tossing the NX7 around doing casual chores where accidents can and often happen. Put it this way, with the NX7 I can listen and not care too much if any thing happens to them
Wow hype train incoming when are thinking that nx7 is treading on andros turf

Jul 23, 2019 at 11:07 PM Post #42,954 of 100,042
Wow hype train incoming when are thinking that nx7 is treading on andros turf
Try it and make your own judgement. After all, sound is a very personal thing......

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:16 AM Post #42,956 of 100,042
Soundstage is average at best but it make up for it with excellent use of the space it has. In fact due to the treble response and extension the NX7 does not sound confined or canned at all. The more I listen to the NX7 the more I am appreciating the ceramic piezoelectic tweeter. Little nuonced notes in the highs will pop and in a good way. Detail guys are gonna love how these have no issues throwing any type of upper notes that are supposed to be in the mix. If I remember correct when I heard the Noble K10. It has a similar type effect in the highs

Lesser IEMs have trouble in this regard. For a sub $100 phone to throw out the detail like that. This is the reason why I consider these the new bench mark for earphones in the sub $100 category.

I am listening to them as I type and I landed on some Dire Straits. Sultans of swing. This track has one of the cleanest recorded drum tracks on any recording. It is a great test tracks for critical listening it is so clean. You can make out every little detail from vocals to guitar to dums like it should in the back ground of the tune. It is easy for the NX7 to pick off every little detail. Especially the treble notes. These are good. Really good and I hope NiceHCK learns and expands from this type of tuning. I did suggest to Jim that this tuning in a larger housing with wider stage and they might have something really special.

Jul 24, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #42,957 of 100,042

<Overall sound output>

NICEHCK NX7
impression
The first impression of the impression is the cool, clean-sounding cold earphones with a pronounced inverted pyramid balance tendencies that are noticeable in treble .

The balance of the sound output is high-pitched sound comes out firmly.

Mid-tones are also present, but they are less prominent than high-pitched ones.

And the bass sounds out but I feel the least.

As an image of the intensity of the sound output is the image of high tone> middle tone> low tone .

A feeling of separation is high, and it is a thin and thin impression of a line.

It is cold as a tendency of sound.

<High tone>
This is the most noticeable range of sound balance.

The amount of treble is coming out firmly.

In addition, high range treble comes out well.

However, it is a little rough impression whether the high-pitched sound has come out so far.

In addition, there are some stings such as cymbals.

It is usual as distance of sound.

<Medium tone>
The middle tone is less pronounced than the high tone, but it sounds clean and clear.

The overall sound output is very clean and the sense of separation is high.

If there is a little more impact in the middle sound, it seems to be perfect for people who like the middle sound.

However, I feel some stabbing of Sa line.

The distance is normal.

<bass>
You will get the impression that it is the least out of the three range.

I know that the bass is coming out, but the amount is clearly less than other range.

I was surprised that it was a 2DD so it was a very strong image.

Like the amount, the bass is strongly influenced by the thin sound.

There is no blur, etc. but there is no crispness, but there is no strength and it is not recommended for people who like bass before aging.

The distance of the sound is normal.

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #42,958 of 100,042
I mostly agree with the impressions here but. These impressions seems out of the box. So I most definitely agree there. My unit has over 300 hours of use and burn in so mine sounds much more smoother and cleaner with better coherent from open listen.

While bass is not prominent in the mix. You better believe it will come out in full force if you have it in your tracks. I do recommend a higher end cable to go along with your NX7. The NX7 has the resolution to benefit from a better cable.

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:07 AM Post #42,959 of 100,042
I mostly agree with the impressions here but. These impressions seems out of the box. So I most definitely agree there. My unit has over 300 hours of use and burn in so mine sounds much more smoother and cleaner with better coherent from open listen.

While bass is not prominent in the mix. You better believe it will come out in full force if you have it in your tracks. I do recommend a higher end cable to go along with your NX7. The NX7 has the resolution to benefit from a better cable.
yes, he wrote before "aging"

Jul 24, 2019 at 10:51 AM Post #42,960 of 100,042

Moondrop Crescent

Trying to improve on my analysis/review by compacting the information and distilling the important things out for delivering a clean, concise, informative, and entertaining account. As usual, friends and foes alike will have to read the whole thing attentively in order to get the subtleties :wink:.

I have no idea why the Crescents did not drive the hype train out of the station. 30 bucks. A no-brainer, at least for people with no brain. Actually, I do have an idea: there is more money in a $300 earphone.

Blog only, Head-Fi later this week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back