The discovery thread!
Jul 21, 2019 at 6:26 AM Post #42,916 of 101,683

There have been so many of these long links lately. Someone else might know the specifics as to why, but we are supposed to eliminate everything after the .html All of that stuff that comes after is some kind of spam. Rather than select all from the address bar you can just copy the part you need ... like this:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000013594343.html

Or, if you have already pasted the long link in, just remove the unnecessary spam, affiliate links or whatever all this stuff is. I remember being told this a long time ago. I don't know why it is not a sticky somewhere because how are people to know? I was horrified the first time I copied a link and wondered why it was so long. Anyway, I don' t really like to click on them. I had to clear a LOT of crap from my PC recently.

Sometimes when I quote someone and the link in their quote has all the extra stuff, I even fix it in the quote:) I left yours this time so people can see the difference.

Jul 21, 2019 at 10:35 AM Post #42,917 of 101,683
I can't get myself to like the No.3 as much as my KPE or ZS10 PRO. Maybe I got a defective set...I don't know yet at this point. To put it simply; they just don't sound as clear and defined as I was hoping for. Bass isn't as good compared to the KPE or ZS10 PRO, even with an EQ boost. Mids and treble don't seem as clear as the other two. Cable is very proprietary, and there are no current options to upgrade to a balanced 2.5 mm, because the 2 pin, raised socket connection doesn't work with any upgrade cable on the market. It's different from the 2 pin raised that is on KS ZS10 PRO and ZSN/PRO, so can't even buy an upgrade cable that conforms to the iem, without major mods. This is NOT what I hoped it would be.

Not out of the realm. I am certain I got a King III with something missing as everyone else says how smooth and polite they are up top and some change cables to get the treble to come out more while mine has so much treble and extension it makes my other phones sound like they have so much less treble when I listen to them back to back. When I compared the Finschi with the Simgot EM2 I said I wished Oriolus has worked them for the armature to show the treble as much without needed a cable change. When I listen to my King III and Simgot back to back it is like the EM2 have no armatures anymore and the nice clear and close to being bright EM2 are dark and have a big treble roll off. Made the EM2 sound like the Oriolus signature but even a bit more dull and smooth. Had to add filters to tame the beast that all others I have read said is needing a bit more treble to get exciting.

Not sure about the cable thing. My King III work fine with all my cables...
upload_2019-7-21_10-31-27.png

Don't see the connector being any different. Same generation of cables and driver according to them except the King has the upgraded driver with stronger magnets and better voice coil.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 12:04 PM Post #42,918 of 101,683
Has anyone heard from Jim (NiceHCK), to actually buy the NX7 at the introductory price of $65?
When I added the NX7 to my cart, the price showed $93.75.
I messaged Jim on AliExpress, but it's still showing "Unread".
As an aside - Does anyone actually like the new Message system that AliExpress has recently implemented? I think it's fairly brain-dead - with less functionality than the previous version.
Someone has now reduced the price in my Shopping Cart to $74.06, but not the $65 that Jim mentioned in his AliExpress message.

Jul 21, 2019 at 12:28 PM Post #42,919 of 101,683
Someone else might know the specifics as to why, but we are supposed to eliminate everything after the .html the long link in, just remove the unnecessary spam, affiliate links or whatever all this stuff is.

If you look closely, you’ll see that when anyone posts with an active link here, it doesn’t take you to the site immediately. It passes through something that redirects you to the destination, which I assume is gathering metrics. I haven’t reviewed the EULA here in a while so I don’t know offhand what can be done with these metrics, or if it allows any monetization by this site. While the rule to remove any possible third party monetization might be for good reasons (preventing site members or third parties from leveraging this site for their own monetization schemes), for all we know it could be to avoid a monitization key-value pair “collision”. And there are good reasons to allow server-side key values to remain in some situations, such as including the mode=guest_open in the url for drop.com (formerly massdrop) to allow non-members to see a product page (which is otherwise hidden), so it’s not exactly a clear-cut situation.

Jul 21, 2019 at 12:59 PM Post #42,920 of 101,683
If you look closely, you’ll see that when anyone posts with an active link here, it doesn’t take you to the site immediately. It passes through something that redirects you to the destination, which I assume is gathering metrics. I haven’t reviewed the EULA here in a while so I don’t know offhand what can be done with these metrics, or if it allows any monetization by this site. While the rule to remove any possible third party monetization might be for good reasons (preventing site members or third parties from leveraging this site for their own monetization schemes), for all we know it could be to avoid a monitization key-value pair “collision”. And there are good reasons to allow server-side key values to remain in some situations, such as including the mode=guest_open in the url for drop.com (formerly massdrop) to allow non-members to see a product page (which is otherwise hidden), so it’s not exactly a clear-cut situation.

I was specifically referring to aliexpress links. So far, those are the only ones that I edit. I should have been more clear. As for Massdrop (I am not going to say drop), when someone posts a link I usually cannot see the item unless I am logged in.

Jul 21, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #42,921 of 101,683
Has anyone heard from Jim (NiceHCK), to actually buy the NX7 at the introductory price of $65?
When I added the NX7 to my cart, the price showed $93.75.
I messaged Jim on AliExpress, but it's still showing "Unread".
As an aside - Does anyone actually like the new Message system that AliExpress has recently implemented? I think it's fairly brain-dead - with less functionality than the previous version.
Someone has now reduced the price in my Shopping Cart to $74.06, but not the $65 that Jim mentioned in his AliExpress message.

I ordered 2 days ago. I wrote the word ‘discount’ in the order message box. A few hours later the price was reduced to $65. No direct messaging involved during the transaction.

The new message system is indeed quite crapty.

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 3:48 PM Post #42,922 of 101,683
@DBaldock9 ,the price dropped because they are 20% off now. It probably automatically adjusted but that isn't him adjusting the price.

As someone mentioned it might have been better to write it in the box on the order page cause, hey, a seller is gonna look at the orders first right? :)

Jul 21, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #42,923 of 101,683
@DBaldock9 ,the price dropped because they are 20% off now. It probably automatically adjusted but that isn't him adjusting the price.

As someone mentioned it might have been better to write it in the box on the order page cause, hey, a seller is gonna look at the orders first right? :)

There is no box on the order page. When I click "Contact" the Seller on the Cart item, it takes me to the Chat Message that I sent previously.

Jul 21, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #42,924 of 101,683
There is no box on the order page. When I click "Contact" the Seller on the Cart item, it takes me to the Chat Message that I sent previously.

Did you order but not pay? I thought you were not meant to just leave it in the cart.

Jul 21, 2019 at 6:23 PM Post #42,925 of 101,683
Ya you gotta order the item but. Not pay. Message them after you order it. They will change the price and then you can pay.

Select other method of payment when checking out and it should put in an order for the item. Then contact the seller afterword's They will adjust the price and then you can pay.

It is a weird method of getting a discount but it works.

Jul 21, 2019 at 11:20 PM Post #42,926 of 101,683
Not out of the realm. I am certain I got a King III with something missing as everyone else says how smooth and polite they are up top and some change cables to get the treble to come out more while mine has so much treble and extension it makes my other phones sound like they have so much less treble when I listen to them back to back. When I compared the Finschi with the Simgot EM2 I said I wished Oriolus has worked them for the armature to show the treble as much without needed a cable change. When I listen to my King III and Simgot back to back it is like the EM2 have no armatures anymore and the nice clear and close to being bright EM2 are dark and have a big treble roll off. Made the EM2 sound like the Oriolus signature but even a bit more dull and smooth. Had to add filters to tame the beast that all others I have read said is needing a bit more treble to get exciting.

Not sure about the cable thing. My King III work fine with all my cables...

Don't see the connector being any different. Same generation of cables and driver according to them except the King has the upgraded driver with stronger magnets and better voice coil.
Tbh, I'm sure I could probably get other cables to fit the No.3 (in fact, I started off my first listening session with a TRN balanced cable. It works, but sits on top of the raised port on the iem, which provides no strain relief to the pins on the cable). Supposedly, this type of raised connector is a better way to prevent accidental damage/ snapping off the pins. Yet, it's not been adopted as widespread option with most aftermarket cable manufacturers. I see more flush or recessed 2 pin designs in both iems and aftermarket cables to fit them. When I first discovered KZ ZSN/PRO, ZS10 PRO, I thought the connection design was a good and novel new idea to help keep pins on cables from breaking. When I first began researching TFZ iems (which I was actually considering long before I decided to get my first KZ ZS10 PRO), one of the main reasons I didn't jump on them, was because I didn't like the proprietary connectors. I always use upgraded balanced cables for all my gear, and I was leery of how difficult it might be to get an upgrade cable, with such a weird, proprietary design. When I discovered that KZ was using a raised connector design also (for which I was easily able to purchase a JCally balanced cable for), I never thought that both these raised connector housings on KZ and TFZ would be different sizes/circumstances. So, when I ordered my TFZ NO.3, I also ordered a second JCALLY balanced 2 pin cable, thinking it would also fit. It did not, as the raised connectors of the No.3 are too big and a different shape, to fit that cable. And I am disappointed that I can't find one to properly fit. I think TFZ should at least give buyers the option of choosing a cable that meets their needs. I would gladly have paid an extra $15-20, for an upgraded balanced cable, with a choice between 2.5 or 4.4.

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #42,927 of 101,683
The best from Magaosi to date for me - **** (Have not tried the DQ4 though). I like how it has a more forward upper midrange than the K6.

Jul 22, 2019 at 3:10 AM Post #42,928 of 101,683
Tbh, I'm sure I could probably get other cables to fit the No.3 (in fact, I started off my first listening session with a TRN balanced cable. It works, but sits on top of the raised port on the iem, which provides no strain relief to the pins on the cable). Supposedly, this type of raised connector is a better way to prevent accidental damage/ snapping off the pins. Yet, it's not been adopted as widespread option with most aftermarket cable manufacturers. I see more flush or recessed 2 pin designs in both iems and aftermarket cables to fit them. When I first discovered KZ ZSN/PRO, ZS10 PRO, I thought the connection design was a good and novel new idea to help keep pins on cables from breaking. When I first began researching TFZ iems (which I was actually considering long before I decided to get my first KZ ZS10 PRO), one of the main reasons I didn't jump on them, was because I didn't like the proprietary connectors. I always use upgraded balanced cables for all my gear, and I was leery of how difficult it might be to get an upgrade cable, with such a weird, proprietary design. When I discovered that KZ was using a raised connector design also (for which I was easily able to purchase a JCally balanced cable for), I never thought that both these raised connector housings on KZ and TFZ would be different sizes/circumstances. So, when I ordered my TFZ NO.3, I also ordered a second JCALLY balanced 2 pin cable, thinking it would also fit. It did not, as the raised connectors of the No.3 are too big and a different shape, to fit that cable. And I am disappointed that I can't find one to properly fit. I think TFZ should at least give buyers the option of choosing a cable that meets their needs. I would gladly have paid an extra $15-20, for an upgraded balanced cable, with a choice between 2.5 or 4.4.
That sucks if indeed they are not compatible with other cables. I didn't even try a different cable because I think the stock one is pretty good but I'm curious now and will try a few different cables when I get home.

I'm currently listening to the BLON BL-03 which has similar raised sockets. My other 2-pin cables work fine with it but as you said, the raised pins have a much greater risk of being damaged when used like this. I see this becoming a more widespread issue as more brands begin to adopt this style of connector.

Jul 22, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #42,929 of 101,683
Ya you gotta order the item but. Not pay. Message them after you order it. They will change the price and then you can pay.

Select other method of payment when checking out and it should put in an order for the item. Then contact the seller afterword's They will adjust the price and then you can pay.

It is a weird method of getting a discount but it works.

I checked AliExpress again later last night, and the price had been adjusted to $65 - so I completed the purchase of the NX7.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back