The discovery thread!
Jul 20, 2019 at 1:29 PM Post #42,903 of 103,553
If you think about it. If your gonna try to make a new bench in the price range. You can't offer a new housing design without raising the price so why not use a design you already have that can incorporate multiple driver configurations. This shell they are using is no different from all the KZ earphones. I bet it is the same housing. Just like how the M6 borrowed that housing from BGVP. DMG

Since it is made by the company that makes them for KZ. There seems to be no proprietary type rule here. We are talking about Chinese rules. Lol. What makes the difference however is how they tuned the earphone and what drivers they are using.

Again do not judge a book by it's cover. These do not sound anything like what your paying the price to get one.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #42,905 of 103,553
Don't let my statement about the stage deter you guys from looking into the NX7. In context I am comparing to much higher end earphones like my Sony Z5, IT04, Zeus, AndromedaS, Solaris. To be honest all my other earphones fall short of these in stage so the NX7 is in good company.

I don't find the stage to be an issue especially when the tuning is done very well on the NX7. I mentioned that the NX7 has some similarities in tuning the CA phones. They kinda remind me of how the Andromeda is tuned. Sparkle up top and a full smooth bass line. The mids however don't take much in the way of a step back from the mix.

Imaging is very good on the NX7 in that it makes up for the lack of a truly wide stage with how it projects details from treble to highlighted notes all over the place. It is addicting to listen to.

Actually I would take a review sample or a spot on a tour but don't think I will pony up for one even at $65. Aside from stage I don't think it will quite match my King III for resolution, extension, imaging, or transparency. Besides I am looking for an earphone that would mate to my sitting there $41 Kinboofi that everyone liked back a while ago. Sounds like the NX7 is not a good match since everything I tried with the cable gets more treble and has less bass emphasis and sounds like the the NX7 has enough but shouldn't be pushed to cooler and a bit thinner sound. Think I would need just what I had with the Finschi a bass slanted earphone with a Knowles armature with ability but needed coaxing to come out and play more on the high end.

Jul 20, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #42,906 of 103,553
The new Artio looks pretty nice...
https://artio.co.jp/products/cr-v1
D_krfpaVAAAbMzK.jpg

upload_2019-7-20_15-13-26.png

Focused on how the brain feels sounds.

New Technology"WARP System" "WARP System"(Wide Area ReProduction - Patent Number: Pending) is an acoustic circuit for earphones that mix l and R channel signals with bandwidth levels, etc. into the opposite channel.
It virtually reproduces the state when listening to the stereo playback of the speaker, and you can feel the spread of the sound that was not able to be done with a conventional canal type earphone.

The interesting twist is.....
006-2.jpg

D_anC0XUcAABBQD.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #42,907 of 103,553
Some japanese say they are very bright with not bass at all, all Kz suffer from a harsh, grainy upper mid range, how's the midrange of that Nx7 compare with Kz??

Grainy is not how I would say the upper mids are. Has some emphasis in the region enough to highlight vocals and stringed instruments pop. Bright is also not how I would describe the sound either. It has treble emphasis and for someone that is a bass head will not feel these have in the way of big bass. They don't. These lean more towards sonic balancing vs too much in any one region over another. If you are looking for a dark signature I would skip the NX7 but for guys that like their detail in the treble with good timbre and a solid bass note the NX7 is not lacking really in any part of the sound. Vocals sound great on these. Mids could use a bit more in the way of resolution but the way I see it there is so much you can achieve with cheaper drivers. The end result does not sound cheap at all. In fact the opposite. I am looking forward to see what Carlsan and HungryPanda has to say since these guys owns more than all of us probably combined. Lol.

I am mostly listening the NX7 using my Shanling M5s in balanced mode using a silver cable. The influence of pure silver in the chain can highlight flaws of a phone and with this combo the sound is very balanced spacious. The tone of the overall sound is a bit cooler vs bright or dark again due to the treble lift in the tuning but not any more than what CA or EE does on their earphones. The bass end of the NX7 is by no means weak or missing. The quality of the bass on these are excellent for the price, It is just not bombastic like some guys like.

The prototype had more of a fun tuning on it meaning it had a bit more bass emphasis but the trade off for decreasing the bass end by 2dbs was worth it imo. It now sounds more mature revealing a bit more detail especially in the mids due to that minor reduction.

For guys that want more bass. Carbon nanotubes take to bass boost like no other dynamic in the market. It is safer to tune towards a balanced signature vs being too bass heavy from the get go IMO. You can always add more bass if you want.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2019 at 4:43 PM Post #42,908 of 103,553
It is ok to be skeptical of new chi fi product that promises so much that is way under a $100 price point. I don't blame anyone reading this at all.

First time I heard even the prototype of the NX7. My thoughts were. "Here we go again. " The previous hybrid I did a write up for before I got the prototype NX7 was the very lame N3. These are no where close to that failure believe me. Speaking of which. I do believed they learned a thing or two from making their other hybrids the N3 and even the F3 and it shows on the NX7.

Then I asked Jim how much he planned on selling them for.. When he told me under a $100. I was very surprised. And this was the prototype. No need to fall for the new hybrid. Just wait for initial adaptors to chime in on them and get more information on the sonics of them and go from there. The more you read about a phone the more you will have a better idea of how they will be. It aint like they are gonna sell out of em in a hurry or anything like that.

The one aspect I really like about NiceHCK stuff. They have access to one of the largest OEMs that make earphones for many companies in China where they get their earphones from. They have the blurprint for the NX7. The are not gonna run out of em any time soon is my point.

Jul 20, 2019 at 9:38 PM Post #42,909 of 103,553
The new Artio looks pretty nice...

New Technology"WARP System" "WARP System"(Wide Area ReProduction - Patent Number: Pending) is an acoustic circuit for earphones that mix l and R channel signals with bandwidth levels, etc. into the opposite channel.
It virtually reproduces the state when listening to the stereo playback of the speaker, and you can feel the spread of the sound that was not able to be done with a conventional canal type earphone.

The interesting twist is.....

Built in passive crossfeed? I remember some headphones have done this before but can't remember which ones lol. Is that a 2.5 TRS headphone connector? Couldn't see the 2nd pic.

Have you tried any of Ar:tio's stuff? Almost ordered the CU1 a while ago. They always have cool concepts but user impressions seem to be mixed from what I can gather w/ google translate.

Jul 20, 2019 at 10:42 PM Post #42,910 of 103,553
That is the rub. I know I'm not convinced it will beat a No. 3 yet. Not sounding like the stage is anything to write home about so I'm already out. My King III has an issue it seems but I think it wouldn't take ear time from it now that I fixed it's issue.
I can't get myself to like the No.3 as much as my KPE or ZS10 PRO. Maybe I got a defective set...I don't know yet at this point. To put it simply; they just don't sound as clear and defined as I was hoping for. Bass isn't as good compared to the KPE or ZS10 PRO, even with an EQ boost. Mids and treble don't seem as clear as the other two. Cable is very proprietary, and there are no current options to upgrade to a balanced 2.5 mm, because the 2 pin, raised socket connection doesn't work with any upgrade cable on the market. It's different from the 2 pin raised that is on KS ZS10 PRO and ZSN/PRO, so can't even buy an upgrade cable that conforms to the iem, without major mods. This is NOT what I hoped it would be.

Jul 20, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #42,911 of 103,553
No worries, bro...and thanks for the advice. They are in my cart now. If I decide to get them, I will message Jim.

Jul 20, 2019 at 10:56 PM Post #42,912 of 103,553
This is off of memory from the other 2 I mentioned.

For stage the IT01 has a widish stage for earphones but that is due to the them having the most V shaped sound sig out of the bunch here which also creates a more wider sound. I do believe the M6 has a bit of a wider stage over the NX7 but again I would put the stage of sound on the NX7 being averge for earphones and not confined or restrictive sounding. With so many drivers you figure the NX7 would be bulky or big but they are actually medium slighly smaller than average for these types of iems. Extremely comfortable as a results. Anyways going back to the comparison. The IT01 has the most V shaped sound sig out of the 3 earphones here but all 3 of these have bass emphasis. For quanitity I would put IT01> M6> NX7. Quality wise I would put it at a tie with the IT01=NX7,>M6

I got the M6 sounding airy and very nice for the mids but it requires a newer sound filter made by BGVP but the negative was that the bass takes a hit and is rolled off more so in the sub bass after using this filter.

Mids wise I would say NX7>M6>IT01, For overall sound definition I would put the NX7 above both the IT01 and M6. Sound layering and immersive factor. Most definitley the NX7. Treble precision and clarity NX7 over both the others as well.

the NX7 actually sounds like a more refined M6 with a better bass end to boot. Is now cheaper than both these earphones I mentioned here. With that saved cash get yourself a nice upgraded 2 pin cable while your ordering a NX7. Be happy you didn't spend a lot for some outstanding sonics.
What kind of 2 pin? Is it something standard, or proprietary? I just got screwed with my new TFZ NO.3, in that I can't get a KZ C type upgrade cable to work, and nobody seems to make a cable that will fit it's unique dimensions. These new raised connectors are a big problem for those of us who like to upgrade our cables.

Jul 20, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #42,913 of 103,553
.78mm 2 pin standard. Not the .75mm type. Most 2 pins they sell on Aliexpress will be fine.

Throw in one of these for your NX7. $11bucks. Lol
HTB10uw6dRcXBuNjt_Xoq6xIwFXaU.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...=a2g1y.12024536.productList_2717662.subject_3

This cable comes with the F3 so I tried it on the NX7. Sounds great using this cable and it is cheap. You can get it in balanced if you have the means to listen to them that way. Standard cable is just a 3.5 single ended.

Guys that can spend more. This one is really good for any earphone.

HTB1QqNtXELrK1Rjy0Fjq6zYXFXac.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32945688424.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.6.24c3637cCldDVC

Last edited:
Jul 21, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #42,914 of 103,553
uLZhraNED2qoScWrzq801ha5bI1LYYsge4kKbFoCFrrPk4zN6FHFcUjv_dGT8B-EO-KLoJb95XzbZL-fklWRcteU8a7AbU7hB0lWY5ufOXDbX51UfCQyj8RcSUrfNWOOCqDm4ZYM

The horn tip idea is not new. This is mod everyone can try. If you have a narrow bored iem. Try this mod. Flip a smaller tip backwards onto the earphone and then throw on your wider bored tip on top of it. Works great to open up the sound.
Yeah, that's a great idea. I also have a pile of smalls kicking around...that would be a great way to utilize them, especially on stems that are too short, or don't have a big enough lip to hold them in place.

Jul 21, 2019 at 12:26 AM Post #42,915 of 103,553
.78mm 2 pin standard. Not the .75mm type. Most 2 pins they sell on Aliexpress will be fine.

Throw in one of these for your NX7. $11bucks. Lol
HTB10uw6dRcXBuNjt_Xoq6xIwFXaU.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/329...=a2g1y.12024536.productList_2717662.subject_3

This cable comes with the F3 so I tried it on the NX7. Sounds great using this cable and it is cheap. You can get it in balanced if you have the means to listen to them that way. Standard cable is just a 3.5 single ended.

Guys that can spend more. This one is really good for any earphone.

HTB1QqNtXELrK1Rjy0Fjq6zYXFXac.jpg

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32945688424.html?spm=a2g0o.detail.1000023.6.24c3637cCldDVC
Thanks!
Grainy is not how I would say the upper mids are. Has some emphasis in the region enough to highlight vocals and stringed instruments pop. Bright is also not how I would describe the sound either. It has treble emphasis and for someone that is a bass head will not feel these have in the way of big bass. They don't. These lean more towards sonic balancing vs too much in any one region over another. If you are looking for a dark signature I would skip the NX7 but for guys that like their detail in the treble with good timbre and a solid bass note the NX7 is not lacking really in any part of the sound. Vocals sound great on these. Mids could use a bit more in the way of resolution but the way I see it there is so much you can achieve with cheaper drivers. The end result does not sound cheap at all. In fact the opposite. I am looking forward to see what Carlsan and HungryPanda has to say since these guys owns more than all of us probably combined. Lol.

I am mostly listening the NX7 using my Shanling M5s in balanced mode using a silver cable. The influence of pure silver in the chain can highlight flaws of a phone and with this combo the sound is very balanced spacious. The tone of the overall sound is a bit cooler vs bright or dark again due to the treble lift in the tuning but not any more than what CA or EE does on their earphones. The bass end of the NX7 is by no means weak or missing. The quality of the bass on these are excellent for the price, It is just not bombastic like some guys like.

The prototype had more of a fun tuning on it meaning it had a bit more bass emphasis but the trade off for decreasing the bass end by 2dbs was worth it imo. It now sounds more mature revealing a bit more detail especially in the mids due to that minor reduction.

For guys that want more bass. Carbon nanotubes take to bass boost like no other dynamic in the market. It is safer to tune towards a balanced signature vs being too bass heavy from the get go IMO. You can always add more bass if you want.

Your comment about applying some bass boost/EQ is very encouraging to me. I use a bit of EQ in all my phones. Nice to read that these will take well to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back