The discovery thread!
Jul 18, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #42,841 of 101,405
Nope they are the cheapest they will be. Message Jim on aliexpress.

I am certain the final product they are selling will be just that. The final product. No worries if they will do revisions or anything like that.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2019 at 12:26 PM Post #42,842 of 101,405
Just received my Blon BL-03.

I was immediately blown away by the fitment of these, worked like a charm with the default ear tips -- flush and super comfy. Unfortunately, it seems as though I got a defective unit. There's a noticeable channel imbalance. I'll try another cable later, just in case.

Sound sig seems good! Hope I can get this resolved on my own.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:51 PM Post #42,843 of 101,405
Just received my Blon BL-03.

I was immediately blown away by the fitment of these, worked like a charm with the default ear tips -- flush and super comfy. Unfortunately, it seems as though I got a defective unit. There's a noticeable channel imbalance. I'll try another cable later, just in case.

Sound sig seems good! Hope I can get this resolved on my own.
That's a shame about the imbalance. I'm listening to mine now and quite surprised by how good it is.

Jul 18, 2019 at 1:54 PM Post #42,845 of 101,405
Sound stage while not the widest is moderate in presentation. Not confined but not a truly wide sound for earphones either. Hence what is really separating the NX7 from a true higher end sound is just this. The stage. I suggested to Jim that next time they need to figure out how to get the stage nice n wide. Has good depth and projection of sound. Sound separation is actually one of the best aspects about the NX7. Due to the many drivers it has. You get sound cues from all over your hearing especially in the treble. Mids are not forward but not recessed either. These do have bass but it is tasteful now and not in your face as the prototype was.

2dbs might not seem much in the way of tuning an earphone but believe me that little bit is the difference in being overly done to having a good amount of presence for bass. I noticed a bit of extra clarity due to the little bit of bass reduction on the final version. You guys are getting a better product as a result.

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:18 PM Post #42,846 of 101,405
Sound stage while not the widest is moderate in presentation. Not confined but not a truly wide sound for earphones either. Hence what is really separating the NX7 from a true higher end sound is just this. The stage. I suggested to Jim that next time they need to figure out how to get the stage nice n wide. Has good depth and projection of sound. Sound separation is actually one of the best aspects about the NX7. Due to the many drivers it has. You get sound cues from all over your hearing especially in the treble. Mids are not forward but not recessed either. These do have bass but it is tasteful now and not in your face as the prototype was.

2dbs might not seem much in the way of tuning an earphone but believe me that little bit is the difference in being overly done to having a good amount of presence for bass. I noticed a bit of extra clarity due to the little bit of bass reduction on the final version. You guys are getting a better product as a result.

Interesting especially considered the headfi offers. However, I'm curious about all these cheap planars popping up which apparently have a huge soundstage (is this always the case with planars?). I wonder what next is around the corner! I'm a sucker to soundstage.

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #42,848 of 101,405
chose other payments and click buy then back out of the page it will be in your unpaid items, message Jim and wait. You will get a message from Ali when price is adjusted

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #42,849 of 101,405
It is the F3 that has the planar for the mids. has a big roomy sound due to it. The NX7 while using a piezoelectric for the super high notes. It is using dual layered dynamic and 2 dual BAs for the bulk of the sound. Speaking of the F3. I posted my take on it here. https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-f3.23721/reviews#review-22372

A bit of a missed opportunity for NiceHCK. You couldn't possibly use a worse cable for the sound tuning on it. Anyway it has been an interesting month of listening to it and writing about it.

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #42,851 of 101,405

Thanks, this information will help me with the decision to buy or not to buy ....

Jul 18, 2019 at 4:59 PM Post #42,852 of 101,405
How does it sound , I got a feeling that it is awesome

So far, really good. Been listening to the BLON BL-03 most of the day while at work. Early impressions are that they're pretty balanced and non-fatiguing even on aggressive tracks with lots of treble and excessive bass. Not the bee's knees in terms of high end (i.e. not Sonicast Dirac Plus MK2), but better than most things at this price point. I've heard low end that's a little more defined/detailed in other earphones, but those usually overemphasize it at the same time. Low end emphasis feels just right to me. Mids are good. In many ways they can compete with things at higher price points, and I'm a fan of their ergonomics.

Jul 18, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #42,853 of 101,405
I know some will be interested in these :)
EPro Horn Shape tips. Looks good for both wider bore and for Westone, Shure etc. in the second pic. Designed to open up the sound and stage.
PF-01.jpeg

PF-02.jpeg

On the 846...
PF-04.jpeg

Jul 18, 2019 at 6:47 PM Post #42,854 of 101,405
I know some will be interested in these :)
EPro Horn Shape tips. Looks good for both wider bore and for Westone, Shure etc. in the second pic. Designed to open up the sound and stage.

For that price will they wake me up in the morning & make me a cup of coffee as well? :)

Jul 18, 2019 at 6:53 PM Post #42,855 of 101,405
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back