The discovery thread!
Jul 18, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #42,856 of 100,641
I know some will be interested in these :)
EPro Horn Shape tips. Looks good for both wider bore and for Westone, Shure etc. in the second pic. Designed to open up the sound and stage.
PF-01.jpeg

PF-02.jpeg

On the 846...
PF-04.jpeg

Reminds me of the idea behind the flare audio ear tips.

I did something similar using an adapter I made for using generic T400 tips on my T100 size westones.

20190129_181046.jpg

20190129_181024.jpg

20190129_181145.jpg

20190129_181242.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 12:59 AM Post #42,857 of 100,641
This kind of advertising is really off-putting. Maybe just post a review (with a disclaimer) and not be a hypeman?
Dude, everything is hype. I've seen lots of mega expensive stuff hyped, and upon listening, it doesn't always sound as good as the hype. Everything is based on personal preferences...some stuff is great for many, not great to many others. The folks that put out these reviews are doing their best to describe the sound of all these earphones, to the best of their abilities. There are also lots of caveats listed in their reviews, which are important to consider when making a purchase decision. Always remember this: there is NO SUCH THING, as the PERFECT iem, headphone, speakers, amp, dac, turntable, etc. FOR EVERYONE. We all have different ears, and we all hear things differently. This audio hobby is totally subjective...the best anyone can do is find people who have similar tastes in sound and music tastes, that match their own. It helps to know what genres of music they listen to also (better yet, when specific artists, songs or albums are noted) so people can get a better reference to how a particular item sounds on the types of music YOU listen to most. These forums are here to help people find gear that they MIGHT like. There is nowhere any implication that "one size, brand, model, etc." will fit all. Take everything with a grain of salt and explore for yourself. Not everything is the be all/end all/end game for everyone because IT'S ALL SUBJECTIVE. The sooner people realize that, the happier they will be. It's why so many headfiers own so many different kinds of gear. It doesn't mean that other stuff they own is inferior...it means that some gear sounds better with different types of music/genres. Even the way music is recorded, plays a huge part. I've heard some songs I know very well, sound great on some gear, and sound like total s**t on other gear. It's all subjective. The key is finding what you like in a sound signature. When you do, feel free to rec stuff. If the type of music you listen to jives with my own, and others with the same musical tastes chime in and rec the item, I would consider buying the item. Otherwise, it's all just hype. But without the hype, many people wouldn't even know that better gear can be had, and we would all be listening to the stock earbuds that come supplied with our smartphones. And that's just screw**g sad! There's so much more available nowadays to the consumer with much better SQ. These forums are a means to communicate those finds to the public. If that's hyping, so be it. I for one, am happy for this kinda info.

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #42,859 of 100,641
Well lets look at the reason why we are fascentated by the hybrid earphone. We all love bass but arguably dynamic bass. Even big players in the game utilize dynamics.

When you read reviews on the top earphones in the market 3K plus earphones. Read the descriptions of the bass. " The BA bass sounds like a dynamic." Well here is a novel idea. Why not just use a really good dynamic driver known for it's bass ability and use that in an earphone. In this case I can vouch for the abilities of not just a dynamic, but a carbon nanotube dynamic. I have yet to hear a carbon nanotube based phone with weak limp bass. Lol

We all love the clarity and detail of BAs. NX7 got 4 of them. There are 4BA earphones, manufacturers will charge over $200 for. Well lets put that clarity and detail with the dynamic. And utilizing Piezoelectric tweeters with the ability to reach the highest notes with ease..For good measure why not throw one set in the same housing for the upper highs.

This is what you get with the NX7. And for a cheap price? All this don't mean a hill of beans if the tuning is weird or don't have coherency or is lacking something.

Don't let the relatively cheaper looks fool you. The final version of the NX7 is going to surprise a lot of people.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #42,860 of 100,641
Well lets look at the reason why we are fascentated by the hybrid earphone. We all love bass but arguably dynamic bass. Even big players in the game utilize dynamics.

When you read reviews on the top earphones in the market 3K plus earphones. Read the descriptions of the bass. " The BA bass sounds like a dynamic." Well here is a novel idea. Why not just use a really good dynamic driver known for it's bass ability and use that in an earphone. In this case I can vouch for the abilities of not just a dynamic, but a carbon nanotube dynamic. I have yet to hear a carbon nanotube based phone with weak limp bass. Lol

We all love the clarity and detail of BAs. NX7 got 4 of them. There are 4BA earphones, manufacturers will charge over $200 for. Well lets put that clarity and detail with the dynamic. And utilizing Piezoelectric tweeters with the ability to reach the highest notes with ease..For good measure why not throw one set in the same housing for the upper highs.

This is what you get with the NX7. And for a cheap price? All this don't mean a hill of beans if the tuning is weird or don't have coherency or is lacking something.

Don't let the relatively cheaper looks fool you. The final version of the NX7 is going to surprise a lot of people.

How's the micro detail? I was recently thinking about going to an oldy but goody Etymotic er4 for a detailed, analytical sound. Would these satisfy? Or are these more musical and smooth as opposed to analytical?

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #42,861 of 100,641
[QUOTE = "Dsnuts, post: 15071447, miembro: 185895"] Bueno, veamos la razón por la cual estamos fascentados por el auricular híbrido. A todos nos encantan los bajos, pero posiblemente los bajos dinámicos. Incluso los grandes jugadores en el juego utilizan la dinámica.

Cuando lees opiniones sobre los mejores auriculares en el mercado, auriculares 3K plus. Lee las descripciones del bajo. "El bajo BA suena como una dinámica". Pues aquí hay una idea novedosa. ¿Por qué no usar un controlador dinámico realmente bueno conocido por su capacidad de bajos y usarlo en un auricular? En este caso, puedo responder por las habilidades no solo de una dinámica, sino de una dinámica de nanotubos de carbono. Todavía tengo que escuchar un teléfono basado en nanotubos de carbono con un bajo débil y débil. Jaja

Todos amamos la claridad y el detalle de los licenciados. NX7 tiene 4 de ellos. Hay auriculares 4BA, los fabricantes cobrarán más de $ 200 por. Pues vamos a poner esa claridad y detalle con la dinámica. Y utilizar tweeters piezoeléctricos con la capacidad de alcanzar las notas más altas con facilidad. Para una buena medida, ¿por qué no tirar un juego en la misma carcasa para los máximos superiores?

Esto es lo que obtienes con el NX7. ¿Y por un precio barato? Todo esto no significa una colina de frijoles si la afinación es rara o si no tiene coherencia o si le falta algo.

No dejes que las apariencias relativamente baratas te engañen. La versión final del NX7 va a sorprender a mucha gente. [/ QUOTE]

Gracias

Jul 19, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #42,862 of 100,641
It has a great balance of detail and musical. Best of both worlds. Treble detail and imaging is about as good as your gonna get for sets double the price easily. I would say the overall sound is skewed just a bit more toward musical than detailed but there is not any microdetail especially in the treble area that your gonna miss on these. It is done tastefully where a specific treble region is not gonna poke you in the ear. Seriously for the asking price. I would try one out.

These do have bass but again it is not what I consider a bass first iem. In fact the treble has a bit more presence over the rest of the spectrum but this is needed for that detail and clarity. Was listening to my pair last night as I was watering my grass. I can't believe NiceHCK is charging less than $100 for these. Lol.

Appreciate the spanish translatrion there Quimi. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #42,867 of 100,641
Some defective. Possibly isolated more than some. There are 1K earphones that arrive defective. There was a guy that got his Empire Ears/ MD Zeus with a defect that I know of but I am not gonna think that is the norm. My unit is 100% perfect. I wouldnt put too much stock into that. Again I know Jim. These guys are not out to rip you off with defective units. Especially Headfiers.

I am willing to bet you that guy that had the defect got a brand new unit.

A bunch of guys will be getting their NX7s very soon. You can wait to see if there are defective units among headfiers. Then really gauge how the QC is.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2019 at 11:54 AM Post #42,868 of 100,641
I am at work at the moment so I will get back on that. Closest competition to these would be the NiceHCK M6 which has a similar number of drivers.

IT01. Will be back with some comparisons.

Do you have the LZ A4, that you can compare the NX7 to?
Listening to my A4 today, with Red Backs / Green Nozzles.
The Green (narrow bore) and Blue (wide bore) nozzles are the ones without any filter material, so they do have a bit more Treble than I usually prefer - but they don't suffer from the "Earphone goes Quiet", due to moisture absorption by the filter material.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back