The discovery thread!
Jul 16, 2019 at 4:42 AM Post #42,811 of 99,324
Don't sleep on the Titan 6, y'all. I think it's a keeper. Really fun sound with a lot of punch.

20190716_013847.jpg

Jul 16, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #42,812 of 99,324
Don't sleep on the Titan 6, y'all. I think it's a keeper. Really fun sound with a lot of punch.

How's the treble on the T6? I always associate Dunu with hot treble for some reason...

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #42,815 of 99,324
Does it have a huge, open soundstage? I already have dozens of very good fun IEMs, I want something more open.

Maybe LZ A6?

Jul 16, 2019 at 10:17 AM Post #42,816 of 99,324
Here goes, with the caveat that I only have about three hours with them in my ears:
How's the treble on the T6? I always associate Dunu with hot treble for some reason...
I like the treble. It's fully extended, but might be a little laid back. I don't get any sibilance or harshness, unlike a with lot of IEMs I've tried (I'm pretty sensitive to that region). After my first listening session, I read some Canjam SoCal impressions on Innerfidelity that called them "forgiving" (in general), and so far I'd say that's accurate.
Does it have a huge, open soundstage? I already have dozens of very good fun IEMs, I want something more open.

Out of the box, the stereo image was disappointing to me, but I perceived a substantial amount of opening up in the first few hours. Right now I'd say the image is good (i.e., it's pleasant to listen to) and coherent, but it may not be what you're looking for. From memory, I think the Titan 1 had a much more expansive soundstage than the Titan 6.

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #42,817 of 99,324
Got a new one last night and its a good one so far. Too early for a whole lot of notes yet but here is a teaser.

IKKO-oh10-ears2.JPG

Jul 17, 2019 at 12:21 AM Post #42,818 of 99,324
I know some head-fier's here were interested on the MT100's sound signature with other comparisons, so help yourself to my review on the Chi-Fi's in-ear earphone thread to get an idea what they're like!

Hope this review can be of help towards anyone's next purchase...:thumbsup:

-Clear

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 8:31 PM Post #42,819 of 99,324
Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #42,820 of 99,324
DSC06667.JPG
NX7-
Been listening to the final version of them for almost 2 months. The sound balancing and cohesion is done extremely well on these.

The initial tuning was actually pretty good but the mid bass had some prominence over the sound that needed a bit of tightening. They lowered the mid bass about 2 dbs and while the 7Khz peak was no where near ear splitting sharpness. They took the added precaution to lower it by a db. And whala. These have some similar characteristics in how Campfire audio tunes their earphones.

These were pretty much made for HEADFIers. Not your average consumers in mind. They aren't completely neutral but the bass is very much in line with the rest of the spectrum and while there is treble emphasis above in the mix it has that right combo of musical and detail to really engage. I have a pure silver cable on these and they take to better cables very well. Actually show a higher resolution in the sound as a result. Stock cable is not bad. Unlike the stock cable of the F3 which enhanced the highs. The stock cable has zero influence on the final tune of the NX7.

It has that characteristic carbon nanotube sub bass rumble and clean tight punchy bass. Mids have that smooth yet detailed BA sound to it. Layered much better than most sub $100 earphones I have heard. The treble this time with the piezoelectric has cohesion I did not hear in the N3. Bass to treble extension is optimal.

it is like the bass and the mids of the F3 while not as roomy sounding it does have some similarities with the low end and mids for certain however with much better treble control and presence. Are they worth a boot for the money.? Ya absolutely. This is a case of looks can be decieving as these dont look and they certainly don't smell any different or special from anything else NiceHCK has made. But this is where the tuning will speak for itself. If you keep on swining the bat eventually your gonna hit one out of the park.

You know what. I think they have done it. I would easily put these right up there against anything I have owned or heard in the $100 range. In fact it will be hard to find a phone at double the price that will be an actual upgrade in sonics. They sound great and is easy to drive. Isolation is average at best but hey the sound more than makes up for it.

Jul 17, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #42,821 of 99,324
These are what the F3 should have been. In fact I wish NiceHCK would take the drivers and tuning out of the NX7 and throw them in the shell of the F3. Then we are talking.
HTB1lX2Taq61gK0jSZFlq6xDKFXaC.jpg

But really. NiceHCK has opened up a trump card. Value is extreme on this one.

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #42,822 of 99,324
I just took delivery of the Blon BL-03, which has a single 10mm carbon nanotube diaphragm per side:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33052121536.html

I ordered these before there were any pictures of them, just based on the description - lately I've been enjoying my single driver earphones a lot, and I was curious about this one so I took a chance. I need to spend more time with it, but my initial impressions are positive, especially for the price point. Packaging is a bit TFZ inspired, but contents are more budget like KZ. Build is a well finished, ergonomic metal shell. Cable is pretty good, though I'm using an aftermarket 8-core balanced cable right now. Stock eartips are an interesting cone shape, but they can take a wide range of eartips, and I've been trying every one I have... right now I think the RHA dual density silicone work well on them. I hope to have a full review done soon.

Jul 18, 2019 at 12:48 AM Post #42,823 of 99,324
These are what the F3 should have been. In fact I wish NiceHCK would take the drivers and tuning out of the NX7 and throw them in the shell of the F3. Then we are talking.
HTB1lX2Taq61gK0jSZFlq6xDKFXaC.jpg

But really. NiceHCK has opened up a trump card. Value is extreme on this one.
This kind of advertising is really off-putting. Maybe just post a review (with a disclaimer) and not be a hypeman?

Jul 18, 2019 at 3:29 AM Post #42,824 of 99,324
4BAs + 1 DD + 1 Piezoelectric = 7? Or am I missing something?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back